COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

9 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Nope. I mentioned Trump once and not by name but via link. 

We already have a Covid Political section. 

I am more than happy to discuss Fauci and his actions. 

Fauci was hired as a Government Adviser and still is by an incoming Government. 

So far, I have seen no evidence of him committing any criminal offences. 

Like I said...time will tell.

cheers

11 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Fauci was hired as a Government Adviser and still is by an incoming Government. 

He is the long time Director of NIAID...since 1984...and is one of the most respected infectious disease researchers of our time.

Nitwits only try to shoot him down as part of their twisted antigovernmental Covid response agendas.

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/about/director

"Dr. Fauci has advised seven Presidents on HIV/AIDS and many other domestic and global health issues. He was one of the principal architects of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a program that has saved millions of lives throughout the developing world."

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, KWA said:

I understand this is the one EU folk will have to show.vax passport eu.jpg

USA is not so easy as the individual states hold the records IIRC, not a central database, so no common app, although I see from previous posts IATA and some airlines are trialing things.

You mean this green pass

2 hours ago, Painter said:

In other words, you haven't got a clue.

No surprise there.

Cheers!

Twitter, probably Veritas. Half stories, gross exaggerations or completely made up and edited videos etc, posted by faceless nobodies from their bedrooms, still living with mummy. An illegitimate "news feed" claiming real news is fake 😁

None of them have done any investigative leg work like proper journalists. It seems these days that some are bored with proper news, so they invent their own 😀

Basically just re circulating garbage and hoping to catch the imagination of those ready to gobble it up.

For some, fiction is more exciting than fact, that's for sure 

"Giant lizards broke into my house and ate my children"!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

42 minutes ago, roobob said:

lol...the npr org....lol.... has the credibility of a gnat.... I wonder who funds it...lol

Nothing but a propaganda mouth machine at its best....lol 

Thanks for the laugh

cheers

You were asked for links and chose not to supply them.

The laugh is on you pal.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, lazarus said:

He is the long time Director of NIAID...since 1984...and is one of the most respected infectious disease researchers of our time.

Nitwits only try to shoot him down as part of their twisted antigovernmental Covid response agendas.

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/about/director

"Dr. Fauci has advised seven Presidents on HIV/AIDS and many other domestic and global health issues. He was one of the principal architects of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a program that has saved millions of lives throughout the developing world."

Fauci has let the power go to his head. He thinks just because he has advised seven us Presidents he is above the law or worse...he thinks he is a law unto his own.

People have now cottoned onto him...it will be interesting how long MSM will keep protecting him when the cards start to fall.

cheers. 

39 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Decries NPR, offers up Glen Beck.

LMFAO.

May I suggest you do some homework before having a shot...at least get your information right... it will stop you coming over as foolish.

It is not NPR...it is npr in lowercase.

cheers

44 minutes ago, roobob said:

Fauci has let the power go to his head. He thinks just because he has advised seven us Presidents he is above the law or worse...he thinks he is a law unto his own.

People have now cottoned onto him...it will be interesting how long MSM will keep protecting him when the cards start to fall.

cheers. 

Fauci is an esteemed doctor who cares for the lives of people. This is evidenced by his long successful career in research and public health policy development.

There is a 'group of people' in the US who will say anything while twisting the truth in their efforts to regain power.

The only person who "thinks he is a law unto his own" is about to have his tax returns scrutinized by Congress and the American public. It won't be pretty as those cards fall.

Edited by lazarus
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, roobob said:

May I suggest you do some homework before having a shot...at least get your information right... it will stop you coming over as foolish.

It is not NPR...it is npr in lowercase.

cheers

NPR is an independent, nonprofit media organization that was founded on a mission to
create a more informed public. Every day, NPR connects with millions of Americans on the
air, online, and in person to explore the news, ideas, and what it means to be human.
Through its network of member stations, NPR makes local stories national, national stories
local, and global stories personal.

https://www.npr.org/about/

Ah, the foolish fool!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lazarus said:

Fauci is an esteemed doctor who cares for the lives of people. This is clearly evident as evidenced his long successful career in research and public health policy development.

There is a 'group of people' in the US who will say anything while twisting the truth in their efforts to regain power.

The only person who "thinks he is a law unto his own" is about to have his tax returns scrutinized by Congress and the American public. It won't be pretty as those cards fall.

He may be a esteem Dr...but he is not above the law.

It seems that the "group of people" in the US is growing each day as Fauci is being caught out. 

If he is kosha..why does he not front and answer the questions people are asking and why does MSM seem reluctant to ask him those questions??   

I am talking about Fauci.... why try and deflect away from that as you are doing in your last paragraph. If you think he has nothing to answer too...why worry.

cheers

Just now, fygjam said:

NPR is an independent, nonprofit media organization that was founded on a mission to
create a more informed public. Every day, NPR connects with millions of Americans on the
air, online, and in person to explore the news, ideas, and what it means to be human.
Through its network of member stations, NPR makes local stories national, national stories
local, and global stories personal.

https://www.npr.org/about/

Ah, the foolish fool!

I cannot take you seriously as you have no idea really. You are slipping google king...your halo has been slipping lately...555

The link you gave cleary shows that it is the npr...lower case....not the NPR.

Extract below and the full link

National Public Radio (NPR, stylized in all lowercase, npr

NPR - Wikipedia

cheers

4 minutes ago, fygjam said:

You are now stooping to petty garbage like this because you have been proven wrong about the npr.

Maybe you should get back to what the forum is about... discussion with different views/opinions... but most of all ...play the post not the poster.

cheers 

1 hour ago, roobob said:

(1) I am talking about Fauci.... (2) why try and deflect away from that as you are doing in your last paragraph. If you think he has nothing to answer too... (3) why worry.

You are making unfounded accusations about Fauci...

Not deflecting...just relaying a current example of actual truth.

Not worried. Fauci is a good and honest doctor.

. . .

What's your mailing address? You win the "good luck" prize.

mini-Capture.JPG

Edited by lazarus

Got to say the last couple of days have produced nothing of interest to those totally uninterested in Fauci. I keep seeing updates to this thread but I keep thinking that I wish I hadn't bothered opening up the thread.

Is this 'handbags at 10 paces' what it is like in the politics section because this thread is starting to remind me of politics which I keep well away from. 

29 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Got to say the last couple of days have produced nothing of interest to those totally uninterested in Fauci. I keep seeing updates to this thread but I keep thinking that I wish I hadn't bothered opening up the thread.

Is this 'handbags at 10 paces' what it is like in the politics section because this thread is starting to remind me of politics which I keep well away from. 

Noted. Lots of other issues surrounding Covid.

Maybe add something to change the theme?

Dr. Fauci is one of the key medical players in the US that most Americans -- and immunologists throughout the world -- highly respect. However, he has become a lightening rod for contrarians -- not limited to the US -- who would allow Covid to run rampant in their countries.

. . .

Bay Area scientists explain why the delta variant is ‘COVID on steroids’

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/article/Bay-Area-scientists-explain-why-the-delta-variant-16353710.php

...delta is proving to be the first variant to test the strength of the vaccines, especially when it comes to stopping transmission. And that, in turn, has led to disheartening setbacks in the public health response as cases rise faster now that at any other time in the pandemic and health officials consider new mask mandates and other measures to stop the spread of disease.

“It is COVID on steroids. In many ways this is a different virus than the virus we were dealing with earlier this year,” said Dr. Grant Colfax, director of the San Francisco Department of Public Health, in a news briefing on Friday during which he implored people who are not vaccinated to get the shots now.

Experts in vaccines and immunology say the breakthrough infections, though disappointing, are not unexpected and do not mean the COVID vaccines are failing. Indeed, studies of post-vaccination cases, and better data on why they may be happening, underscore that the vaccine-induced immune response is robust and multi-layered.

Mounting evidence suggests that delta is so easily transmissible in large part because it replicates much faster than previous variants and exposes people to a much higher viral load.

That larger viral dose may be overwhelming the first-strike antibody response in vaccinated people, who were better able to shake off earlier variants and remain symptom free. It may also mean that they are infectious and able to spread the virus to others, perhaps as easily as those who are not vaccinated — an especially discouraging finding, health experts said...

Edited by lazarus