Painful Reading This

Glasseye

9 hours ago, Horizondave said:

The only coach trips I have done are the Pattaya Airport coach and the Hua Hin Airport coach. That's about my limit but they are mainly frequented by foreigners. I have seen my girl get on a few buses from Pattaya to Khon Kaen and on phoning me during the trip she is complaining about the noise from other passengers on phones and watching films without headphones, even some playing instruments..

The Airport Hua Hin Airport bus is one of the nicest rides I have been on.

Been on plenty of 1st class and VIP buses in Thailand, BBK-Pattaya, BKK-Sukhothai, BKK-Korat, and BKK-Kanchanaburi.and actually enjoyed the ride. Plenty of leg space, on the VIP buses they came around with packed lunches and regular rounds of pepsi, and on the Sukhothai bus, apart from the packed lunch, a hot lunch was included too in the price where we stopped a roadside restaurant for food.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

9 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

Been on plenty of 1st class and VIP buses in Thailand, BBK-Pattaya, BKK-Sukhothai, BKK-Korat, and BKK-Kanchanaburi.and actually enjoyed the ride. Plenty of leg space, on the VIP buses they came around with packed lunches and regular rounds of pepsi, and on the Sukhothai bus, apart from the packed lunch, a hot lunch was included too in the price where we stopped a roadside restaurant for food.

My worst travel experience came on a VIP coach from Surat Thani to Hua Hin  , very little legroom and that was before the people in front reclined their seats ... before the expressways , so took around 12 hours , much  longer than expected, the people getting dropped off after us in Bangkok missed their flights ... 

• Sad 2

On 6/21/2020 at 3:31 AM, Sherlock said:

Thew last VIP bus I took had not one but 2 USB ports one for the Entertainment screen so you can watch your own movies as well as one to keep your phone charged and the seat had massage units built in as well

15784469200200.jpg

15784469200009.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 6/14/2020 at 12:50 PM, dcfc2007 said:

Dislike of flying? 

In my case using the "VIP" coach was not a dislike of flying as Sai and I flew to Mae Sot. For some reason I cannot remember I could not get a flight back for several days, Ben was on one of his extended poker trips, and I had to pay the staff assuming he had left some money in the business account. 😑

On the debit side, calling it a "VIP" service is about on par with what Scotland is to international football. It had a toilet and a TV and that was about it but the seats were comfortable enough which was about all one needed given it is an 7 hour overnight journey.