You Tube (Threads Merged)

Anwar Sadat

2 hours ago, Britboy said:

Wow, they're both brilliant . . . 

Floor Jansen has an outstanding voice - not sure if you're aware but she's lead singer of Nightwish at the moment. Here's one of her best performances, live at Download 2016. There's an interview to start with, the music starts at 1:52. Great song, especially live . . 

On the Sound of Silence, his version is excellent. Probably my favourite cover of that song is by Disturbed, believe it or not. This is live from Download 2016 too. There's an interview and their first track "The Vengeful One" (great song if you're into the heavy stuff), then there's an interview starting at 5:22 with their cover of Sound of Silence starting at 6:51. It's brilliant.

I already knew, lost interest in Nightwish when Tarja Turunen left, regained it when Floor took over. And I got interested in the 2019 edition of "De Beste Zangers Van Nederland" (The Best Singers Of The Netherlands) when I learned Floor Jansen was participating. The participation of Henk Poort was the icing on the cake. And yes, his version of "The Sound Of Silence" was based on the cover by Disturbed. And if you need any extra evidence that Henk Poort is a truly great singer, take a really good look and you'll see he is the only one singing without an earbud in all 2019 editions of "De Beste Zangers Van Nederland". Of course, he played The Phantom in The Phantom Of The Opera in the Netherlands.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Freee!! said:

You should read the comments on YouTube. And there is lots more by The Danish National Symphony Orchestra on YT. And yes, this is also one of my favourites.

Another one is this:

And while I am at it, from the same series of shows:

Some great voices singing very good songs, but I prefer the focus to be on the musicians and artists, not the audience. Quite distracting when they turned the camera too many times on the audience enjoying the music. Video of people nodding their heads, or bouncing up and down in their seat in time to the music does nothing to add to my enjoyment of the music, and in fact has the opposite effect.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thunder367 said:

only time uk lads and older men tuned in uk saturday mornign tv when wendy james admitted she did not wear any panties under her dresses

Hottie back in the day, I don’t recall hearing her speak before, didn’t expect an educated, articulate, well spoken type if I’m honest! 🤣

3 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Hottie back in the day, I don’t recall hearing her speak before, didn’t expect an educated, articulate, well spoken type if I’m honest! 🤣

https://thewendyjames.com/

she also due to tour next year aswell was booked for the year.i was hoping to go see her in blackpool very up close and personal in a pub to.shes doign the same venue but sadly its in the week when she there so can not make due to my job

On 8/16/2020 at 10:32 PM, Lantern said:

Don't mind giving Adam a plug here. Great choice of song for this Adam.

Great video and reminds me of the good old Soi 8 days 15 years ago. Some familiar faces right there and I always drop in and see Adam when I’m in town. Top bloke.

Thanks for putting this up it’s nice to reminisce sometimes