You Tube (Threads Merged)

Anwar Sadat

31 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

A heart moving video of a hero. What a wonderful feeling the trooper must have knowing she saved the life of a child.

A news article of the rescue.
Vt. State Trooper dives into icy pond to rescue drowning child

the second she could, she was full on sprinting, getting ready and with absolutely no hesitation at all went into that pond.

Very lucky the girl was making noises, it was hard to see but she looked to be face down initially. Good top read she made a full recovery.

That's truly heroic stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Butch said:

the second she could, she was full on sprinting, getting ready and with absolutely no hesitation at all went into that pond.

Very lucky the girl was making noises, it was hard to see but she looked to be face down initially. Good top read she made a full recovery.

That's truly heroic stuff.

She was face down in the water, and under the ice. The trooper had to swim a bit underwater and under the ice to reach her.

She banked a lot of good karma with that rescue.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

A heart moving video of a hero. What a wonderful feeling the trooper must have knowing she saved the life of a child.

A news article of the rescue.
Vt. State Trooper dives into icy pond to rescue drowning child

That's awesome, easily could of been too late.

A very well trained officer, would of been easy to have waded in without the lifeline.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1

The internet (YT especially) has many channels which highlight negative cop reports. I actually follow some of them, and do not take offense. In fact I think they are good to inform people about their civil rights and hold bad cops accountable for sometimes reprehensible acts.

But, we do not see or hear about stories like this often. Acts of unbelievable courage, sacrifice, empathy, and dedication are much more common than many people recognize or give credit for. There are far more "good ones" than "bad ones". 

Good cops are oftem humble and don't want any attention. They just want to do their jobs, respect peoples rights, go after people who abuse the vulnerable, and go home. Part of the reason we don't hear more of these types of stories. They're not looking for hero accomodations and valor badges (even though they may have earned it), they just want to be accepted as the indiviual they are.

Most cops recognize and understand discrimination better than anyone. They are looked at constantly (very little privacy), sterotyped, feared, and often treated differently because of the job. Over the years perceptions change and baggage accumulates. Life goes on for many, sadly though many take their own.

Very few people have the balanced demeanor, combination of values, emotional stability, ability to reason (common sense, good judgement skills) to last a day in the job. Even less that can make it to retirement. 

I can't even watch the video. Sometimes stuff like this is too difficult for me to watch. Hard to explain. Some in here may understand.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

The internet (YT especially) has many channels which highlight negative cop reports. I actually follow some of them, and do not take offense. In fact I think they are good to inform people about their civil rights and hold bad cops accountable for sometimes reprehensible acts.

But, we do not see or hear about stories like this often. Acts of unbelievable courage, sacrifice, empathy, and dedication are much more common than many people recognize or give credit for. There are far more "good ones" than "bad ones". 

Good cops are oftem humble and don't want any attention. They just want to do their jobs, respect peoples rights, go after people who abuse the vulnerable, and go home. Part of the reason we don't hear more of these types of stories. They're not looking for hero accomodations and valor badges (even though they may have earned it), they just want to be accepted as the indiviual they are.

Most cops recognize and understand discrimination better than anyone. They are looked at constantly (very little privacy), sterotyped, feared, and often treated differently because of the job. Over the years perceptions change and baggage accumulates. Life goes on for many, sadly though many take their own.

Very few people have the balanced demeanor, combination of values, emotional stability, ability to reason (common sense, good judgement skills) to last a day in the job. Even less that can make it to retirement. 

I can't even watch the video. Sometimes stuff like this is too difficult for me to watch. Hard to explain. Some in here may understand.

Watch it mate. 

Will fill you up with pride.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Legal issues can be very tedious and challenging. Even for those who are conscientious of them and have the best intentions.

Something that we tend to not properly take the time to review, update etc. 

Inattention or failing to spend appropriate research, time and effort regarding them can later bite you hard. Issues related can come out of nowhere suddenly and bite you (or your loved ones) hard in the ass. 

Best to do regular reviews of these sorts of things. Not doing so can lead to some gut wrenching situations that can wreck havoc in your life.

• Like 1

^^^
I wonder how many pay a years rent in advance, and why? It never even crossed my mind to do such a thing, and if asked I'd find a different place to stay. Wouldn't matter if it's in Thailand or a western country.

No problem signing a lease for one or more years to lock in a good rate. The place I'm renting I'm on my fourth 3 year lease.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

^^^
I wonder how many pay a years rent in advance, and why? It never even crossed my mind to do such a thing, and if asked I'd find a different place to stay. Wouldn't matter if it's in Thailand or a western country.

No problem signing a lease for one or more years to lock in a good rate. The place I'm renting I'm on my fourth 3 year lease.

BINGO 👍

The main reason I rent where I do is the people I rent from, worth a boatload of peace in my mind. Couldn't find better people if I tried. That was the key for me. 

Snakes everywhere. When you find an angel grab on to it and treat in right.

Watching the ladies spin in this video left me wondering how it is even possible for the ladies to remain upright after being spun faster than a load of wash in a spin dry cycle. Cued to start at the start of the fastest spin segment of the dance.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

lol...

What a bizarre encounter. First with the Chinese tour group and then with the clueless cop as to his right to record in a public space. Well done to Brandon, the piano guy, for not losing it with those idiots.

Hard to believe the Cinese could be so fcking clueless as to believe they could impose their own country's draconian censorship in the UK.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

What a bizarre encounter. First with the Chinese tour group and then with the clueless cop as to his right to record in a public space. Well done to Brandon, the piano guy, for not losing it with those idiots.

Hard to believe the Cinese could be so fcking clueless as to believe they could impose their own country's draconian censorship in the UK.

Did you like my cameo appearance at the end ???

• Haha 1

I'd give my left nut to be able to play like that. But I've already given it away.

"Are you a Roman ?"    lol

I like how those other guys stepped up to give him some back. 

"Throw a wobbley."      hahaha   I love you guys