Introduce yourself to the Forum

Thanks and Hello to you.  If I was a single man (which I'm not at the moment) it would have to be Pattaya.  I'd like to live close to beach and, personally, I really like Hua Hin. It's clean (probably due to the Royal Family residence), has enough night life to keep a man interested, many excellent restaurants plus a multitude of shopping malls, where you can get anything you want.  Also, if you did fancy a weekend on the wildside, the ferry is only one and a half hours away from Patts.

Hi everyone on the forum. 

Been using another, large Thai forum for years but find that all the adverts has now put me off of it. 

Met a chap at the Birmingham Thai temple today who told me he had started this forum, so thought I’d give it a go. 

I retired when I was 47 (now 66) and at 50, moved to Thailand in 2000 with my Thai wife, who I met in the UK in 1998 where she was doing her second degree. 

Moved to HuaHin and had a beach house, just down from the Palace. 

Fantastic life, as I was on a retirement visa, and spent most of our time traveling.

We spend time between Thailand and UK. 

Hope to enjoy this forum. 

Khun Don.  

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, KhunDon said:

Been using another, large Thai forum for years but find that all the adverts has now put me off of it. 

Met a chap at the Birmingham Thai temple today who told me he had started this forum, so thought I’d give it a go. 

I retired when I was 47 (now 66) and at 50, moved to Thailand in 2000 with my Thai wife, who I met in the UK in 1998 where she was doing her second degree. 

Fantastic life, as I was on a retirement visa, and spent most of our time traveling.

Khun Don.  

Welcome to the board mate. Sounds like a very nice life you have.

Just now, KhunDon said:

Khun Don.  

Welcome Don.. 

Yes that would have been me selling the forum to all the men hanging around in smokers corners while the girls do the paperwork.. lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mrmango said:

Hello!

Many of the older members will remember me from the other boards. I lived in Jomtiem  for a bit and I have been visiting Thailand for 30 years or so.

Not BM Mangosteen by any chance ??? ...             very  welcome anyway ......... 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Lanzalad said:

Welcome Don.. 

Yes that would have been me selling the forum to all the men hanging around in smokers corners while the girls do the paperwork.. lol

Thanks for the cigarette Lanzalad,  the wife battered my ear over that one, as I’m meant to be giving it up. 

I put the wrong Birthday on my initial attempt to join on my iPhone but it blocked me! Had to use iPad to join, hope when I sign in again on iPhone it will work  

Hope you and your wife had a good journey home  

KD

2 minutes ago, I'll be back! said:

Apologies if I'm a bit naive, but I'm a bit new to this Forum malarkey, so could someone be kind enough to explain how the "Quote" and "Donate Points" works please?  I also noticed I'd got a thumbs up, but cant see where that came from either. 😊

Here you go:-

1.png

1 minute ago, I'll be back! said:

Thanks for the info. So quote is like when you reply to someone's post and it appears in darker box inside yours right?  I don't get the little heart to give a thumbs up. It's not visibleble on any posts I see. 🙁

Yes for the quote and now check the likes.. it should be working.

28 minutes ago, I'll be back! said:

Thanks and Hello to you.  If I was a single man (which I'm not at the moment) it would have to be Pattaya.  I'd like to live close to beach and, personally, I really like Hua Hin. It's clean (probably due to the Royal Family residence), has enough night life to keep a man interested, many excellent restaurants plus a multitude of shopping malls, where you can get anything you want.  Also, if you did fancy a weekend on the wildside, the ferry is only one and a half hours away from Patts.

Yea, I've heard good things about Hua Hin.

Like you, i'd prefer by the sea. Wife has family in Sattahip, Uncle in the Navy, go there quite a bit so was toying with there.

But going to Hua Hin in January for a week, get a feel for it. It's only a week, so see how I feel. 

30 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Khun Don.  

Great, that's kinda my plan for the future.

Welcome by the way.

5 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Yea, I've heard good things about Hua Hin.

Like you, i'd prefer by the sea. Wife has family in Sattahip, Uncle in the Navy, go there quite a bit so was toying with there.

But going to Hua Hin in January for a week, get a feel for it. It's only a week, so see how I feel. 

Hope you enjoy it there as much as I do. There's an Aussie guy on You Tube with a channel call "Johnny There is Somehting Happening".  He lives in Hua Hin and posts some good restaurant reviews. If you like fishing too, visit Hua Hin Fishing Lodge.  Great day out and owned by a Brit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, I'll be back! said:

Hope you enjoy it there as much as I do. There's an Aussie guy on You Tube with a channel call "Johnny There is Somehting Happening".  He lives in Hua Hin and posts some good restaurant reviews. If you like fishing too, visit Hua Hin Fishing Lodge.  Great day out and owned by a Brit.

Cheers mate, 

I do like fishing by the way, especially sea fishing. It was one of the reasons I would only move to by the sea.

I know i'd need hobbies, stuff to do.