Current Road Works Pattaya (Threads Merged)

Bazle

I forgot to say the beach is flooded with so much light now it will be difficult to enjoy any fireworks shows in the future unless they turn a bunch of this lighting off....

It is strange not a single local news story about the change in the lighting on the beach...

Edited by fforest
  • Great Info 1

On 12/23/2019 at 11:01 AM, Bazle said:

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/beach-road-construction-set-for-feb-13-completion-281329

Beach Road construction set for Feb. 13 completion
By Jetsada Homklin - December 22, 2019

Pattaya officials say roadwork that has turned Beach Road into a disaster zone during high season will complete by Feb. 13.

Speaking to the Pattaya Business & Tourism Association at the Dec. 18 meeting at the Green Park Resort, Deputy City Manager Worapot Pongpalee urged business leaders to be patient, arguing that the long-term benefit of better flood-drainage will be worth the current inconvenience.

Pattaya began ripping up Beach Road this summer to lay larger flood-drainage pipelines, culverts and sewer grates to handle the torrents of water that flow from higher ground to the beach, wiping out huge tracts of the rebuilt sand base.

The start of the project lagged badly, however, with workers advancing less than one block at one point in August and September. With the delays, the worst of the roadwork, traffic and detours have landed square in the middle of high season.

Worapot said city hall has met regularly with affected business owners and has adjusted work schedules when necessary to avoid major problems.

PBTA members expressed their frustration over the slow work that not only aggravates tourists, but shows the city in the worst-possible light at the worst-possible time.

But they agreed the project was necessary and implored city hall to wrap it up as soon as possible.

😅😅😅

• Haha 4

image.jpeg

you can go from Soi Buakhao to Soi 15 by motorbike now .. not a car yet..

I'm not sure what's under those mounds of dirt and scrap concrete... something unfinished no doubt.

image.jpeg

They have not figured out what to do with the water leak next to the Grand Avenue condo.   They've only been working on it for a month or so, give them time.   You must be patient.

You an squeeze by on  a motorbike if they're not actively working and accomplishing nothing at this spot.

cr3.jpg

On the other end of Soi 15 by Second road it's a complete disaster.  You can see the pipe  with open end buried in the sand

image.jpeg

Some good news but hard to see in this picture.   The seem to have finished putting in the concrete surface of Second Road at this point.  The grates are sticking up (eventually they'll put in tarmac as they are doing on Beach Road) but until then you'll not want to drive on this concrete as you'll run into a grate.

Edited by johnpat
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/15/2023 at 8:25 AM, forcebwithu said:

That's one scary shadow you're casting. :default_biggrin: It does serve to show just how bright the lights are.

I do agree, they've gone way OTT with the lighting.

On the plus side you can now entertain yourself with shadow animals.

image.jpeg

I'm guessing that the last two hand signals mean:

- 2,000 Baht ?

- OK !!!

• Haha 6

The concreting of the Second Road end Soi 15 appears to be complete. Not only that, but road markings are being done. 

The bad news is that the concrete feels very undulating when walking over it, so be prepared for wet feet after some rain if you are a pedestrian. 

20230922_144711.jpg

I'm not entirely sure of the status of Second Road at that intersection. It might be regarded as complete, but I hope not as there are a lot of improvements which could be made e.g. see the drain cover in this picture:

20230922_144546.jpg

• Like 6
  • Great Info 1

The deadline of Sept 20 really changed things.   Suddenly they showed up to work and worked through the night sometimes.

The road surface has a lot more water on it after a rainstorm than before.   I was hoping before they put on the stripes that they would put the tarmac over it like it was before and form it so that rainwater went to the sides of the road.  No such luck.

I wish people didn't treat the soi as a parking lot.  It makes it a one way road sometimes.   But I'm very happy that it is usable again.   No doubt they'll be digging parts of it up again for one reason or another... but for now it's pristine.

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, johnpat said:

The deadline of Sept 20 really changed things.   Suddenly they showed up to work and worked through the night sometimes.

The road surface has a lot more water on it after a rainstorm than before.   I was hoping before they put on the stripes that they would put the tarmac over it like it was before and form it so that rainwater went to the sides of the road.  No such luck.

I wish people didn't treat the soi as a parking lot.  It makes it a one way road sometimes.   But I'm very happy that it is usable again.   No doubt they'll be digging parts of it up again for one reason or another... but for now it's pristine.

I would say now is the perfect time to bury those overhead cables on Soi 15.....This is needed......Because Bill Gates does not like them and all.....

Just look at those cables...That are screaming....We need to go underground...

20230922_144711.jpg

Edited by fforest
  • Haha 3

They are doing still some minor work on Soi 15, such as cutting expansion joints. 

2nd road end of Soi 15 is done as well, but on the beach side there is some work ongoing, so still one lane only at some sections.

Edited by CampariO
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CampariO said:

They are doing still some minor work on Soi 15, such as cutting expansion joints. 

For a newly built road, it is a bit of a disgrace. Look at it after we've had some rain: if you are a pedestrian, you have to navigate your way around the pools of water (and take care that you don't walk out in front of a moving vehicle). I have renamed it Klong 15!

Edited by Bazle
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bazle said:

For a newly built road, it is a bit of a disgrace. Look at it after we've had a bit of rain: if you are a pedestrian, you have to navigate your way around the pools of water (and take care that you don't walk out in front of a moving vehicle). I have renamed it Klong 15!

A small sample of what people are in for. Taken one month ago.

P8240031.jpg

• Sad 1

Beach Road was recently covered in tarmac despite the concrete being in pretty good shape (better even than the much younger concrete on soi 15 which is cracking at joints already).   

Someone remarked that the plan all along was to concrete Beach Road and after a few years cover in tarmac.   That may be the plan for soi 15 as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

A small sample of what people are in for. Taken one month ago.

P8240031.jpg

That looks pretty bad. Typically roads have a crown (high point) at the centre and drain to either side. There are a few roads (DMT in Bangkok for example) that drain to the centre. But either way there needs to be somewhere for the water to go after flowing off the road. Here it looks like evaporation is the plan

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1