Current Road Works Pattaya (Threads Merged)

Bazle

13 minutes ago, johnpat said:

With Second Road one lane from soi 13 to Central the folks at city hall felt people had not suffered enough so they chose to repave Beach Road which was in great shape to begin with.

image.jpeg

Just amazing the lack of forethought and planning that happens with almost every public works project here.

I give it less than two months before they're tearing up the new road surface for another project.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Just amazing the lack of forethought and planning that happens with almost every public works project here.

I give it less than two months before they're tearing up the new road surface for another project.

Fcuk

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Soi 15 update. Someone finally got smart and put up a barrier to keep the construction mess out of the Buakhao drains.
P8270002.jpg

P8270003.jpg

P8270008.jpg

P8270009.jpg

The Korando's babbling brook is still burbling along nicely.
P8270011.jpg

P8270014.jpg

The beginnings of another hole on the 2nd Rd end of Soi 15.
P8270016.jpg

Never fails to amaze.

Here's the English translation of an article today about the soi 15 (and part of Second road) construction.

The city wants it done by Sept 20.   

fyi: The contractor has yet to make any city imposed deadlines over the last few years.  

image.jpeg

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, johnpat said:

Here's the English translation of an article today about the soi 15 (and part of Second road) construction.

fyi: The contractor has yet to make any city imposed deadlines over the last few years.  

image.jpeg

"hurry up"       55555555555555555555 !

37 minutes ago, johnpat said:

image.jpeg

They forgot to add on the end "We really, really mean it this time".

Another joke is this statement.
"Electrical wiring, underground communication system, causing constant construction modification. Now, Pattaya has been completed for a while."

Pic of the current status of 2nd Rd.

image.jpeg

Note the overhead electric and utility lines in the pic below. It's not outside the realm of possibility that once they complete the repaving of Soi 15 it won't be long before they're tearing it up to bury the overhead lines.
P8270003.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

They forgot to add on the end "We really, really mean it this time".

Another joke is this statement.
"Electrical wiring, underground communication system, causing constant construction modification. Now, Pattaya has been completed for a while."

Pic of the current status of 2nd Rd.

image.jpeg

Note the overhead electric and utility lines in the pic below. It's not outside the realm of possibility that once they complete the repaving of Soi 15 it won't be long before they're tearing it up to bury the overhead lines.
P8270003.jpg

Business and condo owners will be doing cartwheels up and down that slab when its finished. 

I also bet motorbikes will be screaming through there. Unfortunately I predict quite a few accidents when finished. 

• Like 1

image.jpeg

between the Travelodge and the Grand Avenue condo.   Just need to drop a big pipe in there and cover it up..

image.jpeg

No progress on the Soi 15 to  Soi Buakhao connection.  

image.jpeg

This is how they fashion grates over the flimsy pipe sticking up.

I drove by the soi 15 and Second Road intersection and it's looking worse than ever.  Two big pits.  Lots of rebar and no sign that they are wrapping up.

• Like 4

The amount of money available for construction projects in Pattaya and Jomtien is absolutely staggering......There seems to be no limit to the supply of money for endless construction around here.....

Go outside of this area, especially to the provinces and you will only see a bit of normal construction here and there like Pattaya used to be before this construction orgy started..

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, fforest said:

The amount of money available for construction projects in Pattaya and Jomtien is absolutely staggering......There seems to be no limit to the supply of money for endless construction around here.....

Go outside of this area, especially to the provinces and you will only see a bit of normal construction here and there like Pattaya used to be before this construction orgy started..

I think it's the whole EEC.  Rayong has absolutely shredded all the roads as well.  But at least they've finished a couple, and it is an improvement.  It seems to take about two years from ripping up the roads to completion over here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tko said:

I think it's the whole EEC.  Rayong has absolutely shredded all the roads as well.  But at least they've finished a couple, and it is an improvement.  It seems to take about two years from ripping up the roads to completion over here.

Yep...The EEC money is what has been paying for all the awful beach road walkway downgrades for the last decade.....

It's really not Pattaya City or Nong-nooks falt....But hey..... They like their bread buttered so they did what they were told to do...

The EEC is just a pea in a pod....Along with the smart cities, and 15-minute cities nonsense......The directive for all this is coming from above any country in particular...

So a faceless nameless bureaucrat from who knows where is the one really responsible for screwing up beach road....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Wish i was digging her trench.....

image.jpeg

LOL. Took that picture to highlight the narrow and dangerous edge of the dirt path in front of Korando's. Could feel it giving way when I stepped too close to the edge carrying my mtn bike through the choke point. Read on another forum yesterday it did give way on a guy walking through and he ended up tumbling into the muck below.

• Haha 1

300504174_478677777598641_64021300731531

369608321_18011467627847627_894853568024

https://www.facebook.com/MumPattaya/

I have no idea how Mum is still in business being on Soi 15....

They first opened a number of weeks before Covid........So they had hardly any business for years and now Soi 15 has been dug up for a very long time....

I have never been there but the food looks pretty good..

Edited by fforest
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, fforest said:

300504174_478677777598641_64021300731531

369608321_18011467627847627_894853568024

I have no idea how Mum is still in business being on Soi 15....

They first opened a number of weeks before Covid........So they had hardly any business for years and now Soi 15 has been dug up for a very long time....

I have never been there but the food looks pretty good..

It was always busy when I was last over in March , great breakfasts / brunch , friendly staff

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1