Current Road Works Pattaya (Threads Merged)

Bazle

4 hours ago, johnpat said:

Cars and motorbikes leaving the Grand Avenue underground garage must do a tight right u-turn into the dirt lot in front of the condo complex, drive through that lot and make a left crossing a dirt bridge to Soi Boomerang.  Then down that Soi and a sharp right past girls sitting outside gentleman's clubs to Soi Buakaow. 

As a result lots of residents have chosen to park along both sides of the finished part of soi 15 making it a one lane road at places thus sharing their misery with other soi 15 residents.

So far there has been no visible progress on the link from Soi 15 to Soi Buakaow.    Yes they go out and work with big machines and move dirt around but they've accomplished exactly nothing in these last few months.   Is there anyone in charge?

grand.jpg

I feel for the folks who own a place there. 

Just think how pissed off you would be if you bought and then a month later the started this sh#t.

I was eyeing that place for a rental not long before the tore up the road.

Dog damn cluster.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

IMG_5972.jpeg

My favourite afternoon coffee shop's boss posted on fakebook about a month ago that she had been told 2 months to completion....

The other end is being concreted, so maybe, just maybe.... but then....

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

IMG_5972.jpeg

The American guy at Korandos (US Accent anyway) said earlier in the week that they had been told finish by 15th ?

But, "touch wood" things 'might' be coming together if - you over look the busted piping opposite Hideaway and the broken water pipe near Korandos.

Gravel being trucked in, maybe for concrete etc.

No sign of leveling or pit preparation when piping was laid etc- not a spirt level in sight - but these are no doubt just details" ....

Applied Tutorials in TiT ?

😋

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Zeb said:

The American guy at Korandos (US Accent anyway) said earlier in the week that they had been told finish by 15th ?

I'm sticking to my estimate of November.

If I start to see them accomplishing something at more than a snail's pace I may change my estimate.

• Thumbs Up 2

Noticed last night quite a back up in traffic on 2nd Rd. First obstruction is at the Soi 15 intersection.
P8110032.jpg

Then starting at The Bayview they're digging holes in the road again.
P8110034.jpg

P8110038.jpg

The holes are for putting utility conduit underground. No idea why they're doing this again as last year they had the road dug up for the same reason. Amazing Thailand.
P8110039.jpg

P8110041.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Noticed last night quite a back up in traffic on 2nd Rd. First obstruction is at the Soi 15 intersection.
P8110032.jpg

P8110034.jpg

P8110038.jpg

The holes are for putting utility conduit underground. No idea why they're doing this again as last year they had the road dug up for the same reason. Amazing Thailand.
P8110039.jpg

P8110041.jpg

Just part of the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC). Note - efficiency is not one of the E's in EEC.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

P8110032.jpg

P8110034.jpg

P8110038.jpg

P8110039.jpg

P8110041.jpg

This underground cable thing is the perfect reason to dig up the roads endlessly.....When the cables or wires are overhead they can be added or repaired with no problem....But underground wires....Well........Dig dig dig $$$$ dig dig $$ happy happy... lol

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 3

14 minutes ago, fforest said:

This underground cable thing is the perfect reason to dig up the roads endlessly.....When the cables or wires are overhead they can be added or repaired with no problem....But underground wires....Well........Dig dig dig $$$$ dig dig $$ happy happy... lol

There should only be a need to do it the once. Each section between hatches should have a draw wire so that additional cables can be put in at a later date.

BUT. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

There should only be a need to do it the once. Each section between hatches should have a draw wire so that additional cables can be put in at a later date.

BUT. 

Exactly - a little planning goes a long way; I did lots of underground utility work in my day and we always overbuilt the duct systems, and pulled extra rope through with cables to make it easier the next time around - we used flat ropes that pulled easily but were incredibly strong. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, boydeste said:

BUT. 

A fine theory, but there appears to be a breakdown between theory and practice.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

HTF are the businesses doing any trade Soi 15 with this debacle going on ? 

Also many along 2nd road. Decimated mate. A real sad state of affairs.

As I have commented before, it's embarrassing. Must be awful for the people living, working and owning businessness there.

And very doubtful they have any recourse whatsoever.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

HTF are the businesses doing any trade Soi 15 with this debacle going on ? 

They're hurting for sure. Only saw two ladies at Tum massage when there used to be a dozen. One was pleading with me to come in for a massage while I was taking pictures. I was tempted as they have a very nice massage shop, but the construction noise outside would have made for a very unrelaxing massage.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

They're hurting for sure. Only saw two ladies at Tum massage when there used to be a dozen. One was pleading with me to come in for a massage while I was taking pictures. I was tempted as they have a very nice massage shop, but the construction noise outside would have made for a very unrelaxing massage.

Only upside of this -   at least noise means progress.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/12/2023 at 12:14 AM, maipenrai said:

Exactly - a little planning goes a long way; I did lots of underground utility work in my day and we always overbuilt the duct systems, and pulled extra rope through with cables to make it easier the next time around - we used flat ropes that pulled easily but were incredibly strong. 

Did you ever have to blow draw ropes through with compressed air?

4 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Did you ever have to blow draw ropes through with compressed air?

Oh yeah, lots of times - we had boxes of light twine made for this and we'd just tie the end around a plastic garbage bag and usually suck it through with a big shop vacuum; on shorter runs  a garden leaf blower would provide enough air to blow it through.  Once the twine reached the other end, we'd tie on the flat rope, or if it was a bigger cable or longer run, we'd pull through a proper 1/2" wound rope and that would pull most modern fibre or smaller copper cables. Back in the old days before fiber we used to pull really big copper cables, say 1200pr or bigger, and we had a  special winch mounted on our digger truck with a couple of thousand feet of steel cable to do the job. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Today's Soi 15 update.
P8150004.jpg

The owners of the two pairs of shoes were in the pipe and looked to be clearing it of debris.
P8150006.jpg

Wonder how they're going to repair the separated sections of pipe. One would have expected them to do that before they backfilled.
P8150008.jpg

P8150014.jpg

The backhoe threw a shoe.
P8150011.jpg

P8150013.jpg

P8150015.jpg

Korando's is now riverfront property.
P8150018.jpg

Nothing happening on the 2nd Rd end.
P8150022.jpg

There's something definitely wrong with the project when the pipe is full of water and we haven't had rain in over a week.
P8150024.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Confused 1