Current Road Works Pattaya (Threads Merged)

Bazle

There was a post in Thai about second road and the best I could understand from it was that  July 10 is the projected date to finish the work on Second Road.   That could be a misreading but it gives me some hope that it will finish at some point.

As for soi 15, it is a nightmare at both ends and now the construction people have dumped a lot of big pipes and metal slats on the end near Second Road.    Are they soon planning on finishing that side or do they just need a place to store their junk?

• Thumbs Up 2

40 minutes ago, fforest said:

Thanks, guys for the beach photos......I would take more but it's depressing looking at the mess and all that concrete they are covering the walkway with...(except for the bloody Palm trees, of course)...lol.........

No money for plants,

but plenty of money it seems for some very bad ass and powerful looking 5G broadcasting stations.....

5G could have a very long thread in itself....

But I would think they would want to be broadcasting all this 5G goodness toward the city of Pattaya and not onto the walkway as in, at least the picture above.....

Internet reception is already very good on the beach...

No broadcasting involved. The 5G is just a marketing gimmick to mean 5th generation pole. All the destruction they've done to the footpath is to bury the power and data feeds to the "5G pole".

In case you're wondering, this is what the 1G pole looked like. :default_cool:

image.jpeg

• Haha 6

Hope no one is in a rush to use the beach shower. Like most projects here, they get started on the project and then like a kid with attention deficit disorder lose interest and seemingly abandon the project.
P6170002.jpg

Morning roll call for lifeguards. Still don't know if they can swim as I've never seen them in the water.
P6170003.jpg

P6170005.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, fforest said:

This video shows how few people hang on the beach in the day time these days...By the shadows, I guess this was taken between 1.30 - 3 PM....

Looks like 5th ave. at rush hour compared to during covid lockdown.

15 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Looks like 5th ave. at rush hour compared to during covid lockdown.

In case we forget.......These pictures were taken on the beach around the same time as this video 10 years ago.....Maybe an hour later or so...

Screenshot_2023-06-09-16-55-21-05.thumb.jpg.bc3f4034aea38163088d956bc004cd3e.jpg

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

55 minutes ago, johnpat said:

It looks like they are going to have to dig up the intersection of Pattaya Tai and Second Road to connect the pipes... I sure hope not ...

We will soon see.

What they have done to Pattaya Tai really makes me shake my head.

When they finished the roadworks and pavements it looked bloody excellent. Then they started digging it up again to do various jobs and it started looking a mess again.. and dirty !!!

I walked up there a few days ago and noticed that they have installed new lamp posts. No idea if they are connected or whether the pavement will be dug up again to provide power, but what screams out at me is that they are not in a straight line but higgledy-piggledy along the length of the pavement ...

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

What they have done to Pattaya Tai really makes me shake my head.

When they finished the roadworks and pavements it looked bloody excellent. Then they started digging it up again to do various jobs and it started looking a mess again.. and dirty !!!

I walked up there a few days ago and noticed that they have installed new lamp posts. No idea if they are connected or whether the pavement will be dug up again to provide power, but what screams out at me is that they are not in a straight line but higgledy-piggledy along the length of the pavement ...

Had a look for myself at where they planted the light poles. And sure enough, not that I ever doubted you, they must have used a random number generator to decide how far from the curb they were going to plant each pole.
P6200022.jpg

P6200025.jpg

P6200029.jpg

• Haha 4

Photos of the new median they're putting in on Thepprasit. What's odd is there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason where they're putting in the cut throughs.

Standing at a cut through where there are no soi's intersecting Thepprasit, looking towards Sukhumvit.
P6200001.jpg

Same cut through looking west.
P6200004.jpg

Not sure if this will eventually be a cut through for Soi 11.
P6200005.jpg

Across from the Forum, which is closed, they have a cut through, but for west bound traffic wanting to go to the market another 25m distance, they'll have to do a U-Turn and then quickly make their way across two lanes of busy traffic. A recipe for traffic accidents.
P6200007.jpg

There's another cut through near, but not directly opposite Soi 15. Bizarre placement of that cut through.
P6200011.jpg

There's a cut through for those going to and coming from Soi 17, but if you live in the T.W. Palm/Jomtien Beach Condos and you're east bound, it's going to be another 1km of travel past the entrance and a couple of U-Turns to get to your condo. Or if you're on two wheels you can do what most are doing, and what I did this morning visiting a friend who lives there and use this cut through to travel about 20m against traffic to get to the entrance. Amazing Thailand.
P6200013.jpg

• Great Info 3

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Had a look for myself at where they planted the light poles. And sure enough, not that I ever doubted you, they must have used a random number generator to decide how far from the curb they were going to plant each pole.

It is the same all the way down.

The clear stretch in front the Pattaya City Resort is exactly the same. They had the whole bloody pavement space with no impediment to do a proper job and still made a mess of it !!

They've begun to move the construction area into the Second Road and Pattaya Tai intersection.

Looking in the hole I can see problems.  There are a large number of pipes  crossing the trench visible in the hole.  They  drop one of the huge black drainage pipes in the trench like in other places.  They are going to have to relocate all those  small pipes first. 

const1.jpg

• Like 4

In November of 2021 they started destroying soi 15 at this end and it looks like they are  finally going to finish the job and connect the soi 15 drainage system with the second road drainage system and restore the roadway completely.

Then they'll have to work on finishing the other end connecting Soi Buakaow to the Soi 15 drainage system..  

soi15.jpg

• Like 4