Current Road Works Pattaya (Threads Merged)

Bazle

I do wish the Thai road engineers would get it through their thick heads drainage covers with openings parallel to the direction of travel are a serious hazard to those on bicycles with thin tires. It would make no difference in the draining of surface water if they were to change the orientation by 90 degrees, so it begs the question why they position the drain covers the way they do.

045.JPG

• Thumbs Up 2

53 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I do wish the Thai road engineers would get it through their thick heads drainage covers with openings parallel to the direction of travel are a serious hazard to those on bicycles with thin tires. It would make no difference in the draining of surface water if they were to change the orientation by 90 degrees, so it begs the question why they position the drain covers the way they do.

045.JPG

A question for City Hall, I would suggest. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Bazle said:

A question for City Hall, I would suggest. 

If it were a western country it would be worth the time and effort to pay City Hall a visit. Here I doubt I would make it past the front desk, and even if I did the best I could expect is a patronizing nod of the head with my recommendation immediately forgotten.

10 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

045.JPG

Well fat tires seem popular these days with a lot of riders I see...

10 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I do wish the Thai road engineers would get it through their thick heads drainage covers with openings parallel to the direction of travel are a serious hazard to those on bicycles with thin tires.

These ones on Suk could grab a M/C tyre and after that you went with the flow. Bent ones could change your direction of travel. i.e. send you into the next lane.

image.png

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

If it were a western country it would be worth the time and effort to pay City Hall a visit. Here I doubt I would make it past the front desk, and even if I did the best I could expect is a patronizing nod of the head with my recommendation immediately forgotten.

A fried of mine seems to pop along to City Hall quite often with complaints about things and, to my surprise, said he'd had some success. 

• Great Info 1

It is beyond any hope of changing. 

If people are to ride a moto or bike around there you'd really need to learn your routes before heading out.

At least if taking a moto taxi those guys knew the routes.

I took them a lot during covid. Now, highly unlikely.

The idiot Farangs I see driving them around are probably my greatest hates.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Soi 15/2nd road junction now has  waterworks issues... there's also a digger digging a small hole at the top of 13/3 opposite

20230223_113028.jpg

More tidying up after the roadworks

20230223_113318.jpg

Hmm. Wonder where the rest of the body is....?

20230223_104352.jpg

Edited by Painter
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 3

Road work on Soi 15 stopped months ago leaving it incomplete at the ends and now road work on Second road has ceased leaving it as one lane for a large stretch.  

Yes the workers are very slow but both projects have made things much worse than when they started, but unless they resume work again there's no hope of both roads ever being finished.

Does anyone know why both projects have been abandoned?  It is lack of money?  Is someone suing someone and work ceases until the legal system comes to a conclusion?

I don't think my message prompted action but yes it seems that overnight they have put the blacktop in nearly all of the places where there was the new concrete laid a while back.     However there are still a few crucial places where there isn't even concrete laid and due to those places Second Road remains a one lane road from Pattaya Tai to Soi Diana.    All they've done is made parking a lot easier on Second Road.

But progress is progress and it shows that miracles can happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

No snaps, but on the power walk tonight a large strip of 2nd rd by the 

entrance to Boys Town has had a large amount of the black stuff laid....

They were laying another lot outside the Avenue as I passed at about 1300hrs today

20230224_140242.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1