Current Road Works Pattaya (Threads Merged)

Bazle

26 minutes ago, fforest said:

Does anyone notice anything missing?

20230719_124552.thumb.jpg.46728f9aaf6c29e96db4a32f1e10d42d.jpg

20230719_124718.thumb.jpg.5eb98399174edf1560f4a2a9632fd608.jpg

20230719_124657.thumb.jpg.2f380781d8de276009cb2c8879bd9fa2.jpg

Some Seattng has finally been found on the beach......After years and waiting.....lol

Yep after millions of US dollars have been spent on the beach ....Heres is the public beach seating...

20230719_131207.thumb.jpg.952edf48d3659e3a30cc0cf0128a1031.jpg

20230719_131314.thumb.jpg.d6d3581e084c38219d9be317ae6647be.jpg

20230719_131335.thumb.jpg.80ad701fb7068bec7f79be32742456e6.jpg

Crowds of people enjoying the promenade and beach. :default_cheers:

• Haha 2

This is where the completed construction of soi 15 will meet with Second road.

In over a month they've made no discernible progress toward that goal but they have managed to accumulate far more giant pipes than they need to complete this small unfinished section.

Maybe the construction project is just a ruse and their real work is in buying and selling big pipes.

20230722_073124.jpg

20230722_073203.jpg

20230722_073241.jpg

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, johnpat said:

In over a month they've made no discernible progress toward that goal but they have managed to accumulate far more giant pipes than they need to complete this small unfinished section.

Maybe the construction project is just a ruse and their real work is in buying and selling big pipes.

20230722_073124.jpg

20230722_073203.jpg

20230722_073241.jpg

Maybe these pipes are for the Soi Buakhao end, just storing them there.......

8 hours ago, johnpat said:

20230722_073124.jpg

20230722_073203.jpg

20230722_073241.jpg

Or maybe with the decline of the Pattaya/HuaHin ferry, they are going to build a tunnel to connect both cities?

• Haha 1

Pattaya Mayor Orders to Speed Up Roadwork Around Second Road and Soi 15 Buakhao

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/06/16/pattaya-mayor-orders-to-speed-up-roadwork-around-second-road-and-soi-15-buakhao/

following numerous complaints by residents and our own readers at The Pattaya News, Pattaya Mayor Poramase visited the area yesterday and expressed concerns about the lack of lighting and traffic signs.

He then personally urged the contractor to complete the project by August to return the space for safe public usage.

A large area of construction around the intersection of Walking Street and Second Road has caused headaches for months for both drivers and business owners. It essentially has caused a choke point that reduces traffic to one lane on Second Road in one of the busiest areas of the city.

The work has been going on for almost two years notes TPN media and faced numerous delays and problems amidst growing anger from residents, tourists, and business owners in Pattaya.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Pattaya Mayor Orders to Speed Up Roadwork Around Second Road and Soi 15 Buakhao

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/06/16/pattaya-mayor-orders-to-speed-up-roadwork-around-second-road-and-soi-15-buakhao/

following numerous complaints by residents and our own readers at The Pattaya News, Pattaya Mayor Poramase visited the area yesterday and expressed concerns about the lack of lighting and traffic signs.

He then personally urged the contractor to complete the project by August to return the space for safe public usage.

A large area of construction around the intersection of Walking Street and Second Road has caused headaches for months for both drivers and business owners. It essentially has caused a choke point that reduces traffic to one lane on Second Road in one of the busiest areas of the city.

The work has been going on for almost two years notes TPN media and faced numerous delays and problems amidst growing anger from residents, tourists, and business owners in Pattaya.

And that was from 16th June! 

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Well that's not going to happen.     Maybe it will be done by October but likely November on the two year anniversary of the start of this disaster of a project.   

I've seen them construct vast roadways such as Highway 7 and now highway 3 south of Pattaya.   Yet just constructing 800 meters of soi 15 takes two years.   It's all about manpower and they did not put enough people and machines on this project from the beginning and continuing to now.  

• Thumbs Up 2

Soi 15 to Soi Buakaow this morning.  It's hard to see what they've accomplished in the last few months and what they still have to do.    There's a pipe sticking up so presumably they managed to bury at least one pipe.  

There seems to be no method to their madness. 

20230728_080808.jpg

20230728_080815.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/28/2023 at 7:47 AM, johnpat said:

Well that's not going to happen.     Maybe it will be done by October but likely November on the two year anniversary of the start of this disaster of a project.   

I've seen them construct vast roadways such as Highway 7 and now highway 3 south of Pattaya.   Yet just constructing 800 meters of soi 15 takes two years.   It's all about manpower and they did not put enough people and machines on this project from the beginning and continuing to now.  

The whole situation has been an extrodinary debacle. A massive head scracther.

The associated economic costs to the area must be incalcuable. A real skull fucking.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Soi 15 update.

P8080005.jpg

P8080007.jpg

P8080008.jpg

P8080013.jpg

I saw on another forum a picture the section of pipe with the access tube "welded" to it in the ground, but with the weld having broken. I didn't think of it when I first saw them redneck engineering an access tube, but I can understand now how the idea might not have been such a good one. While fairly stiff the HDPE can flex when the fill is placed around and over the pipe. Add to that the weight of any machinery used to pack the fill down and it's not surprising the welded joint would separate.
P8080016.jpg

I believe the picture below is the section where the weld broke. Hope whatever repair they made holds up.
P8080017.jpg

P8080018.jpg

P8080021.jpg

P8080024.jpg

P8080026.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Surprised 1

13 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Soi 15 update.

P8080005.jpg

P8080007.jpg

P8080008.jpg

P8080013.jpg

I saw on another forum a picture the section of pipe with the access tube "welded" to it in the ground, but with the weld having broken. I didn't think of it when I first saw them redneck engineering an access tube, but I can understand now how the idea might not have been such a good one. While fairly stiff the HDPE can flex when the fill is placed around and over the pipe. Add to that the weight of any machinery used to pack the fill down and it's not surprising the welded joint would separate.
P8080016.jpg

I believe the picture below is the section where the weld broke. Hope whatever repair they made holds up.
P8080017.jpg

P8080018.jpg

P8080021.jpg

P8080024.jpg

P8080026.jpg

It's quite incredible to see over such a long time the mess that's been made of this particular job.

A nightmare for anyone that lives or stays in that street methinks.

Will it be completed any time soon do ya think?

• Thumbs Up 3

35 minutes ago, boydeste said:

It's quite incredible to see over such a long time the mess that's been made of this particular job.

A nightmare for anyone that lives or stays in that street methinks.

Will it be completed any time soon do ya think?

Well, let's not forget the Sukhumvit underpass in Pattaya..That took like 4-5 years to complete....for 1 kilometer ....lol......

Edited by fforest
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

5 hours ago, fforest said:

Well, let's not forget the Sukhumvit underpass in Pattaya..That took like 4-5 years to complete....for 1 kilometer ....lol......

Construction started Jan 2015 and the ribbon cutting ceremony was Aug 2017, so about 2.5 years to complete. IIRC they were about six months late in finishing the project.

As an aside, recent news reports showed them finally fixing the lighting in the underpass. I'd estimate about 40% of the lighting never worked from day one. Went through the underpass a few days ago and think they may have over done it on the new lighting, my buddha it was bright.

Click on image below to view the photo album of the entire timeline of the construction project.

Sukhumvit Underpass Construction

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Cars and motorbikes leaving the Grand Avenue underground garage must do a tight right u-turn into the dirt lot in front of the condo complex, drive through that lot and make a left crossing a dirt bridge to Soi Boomerang.  Then down that Soi and a sharp right past girls sitting outside gentleman's clubs to Soi Buakaow. 

As a result lots of residents have chosen to park along both sides of the finished part of soi 15 making it a one lane road at places thus sharing their misery with other soi 15 residents.

So far there has been no visible progress on the link from Soi 15 to Soi Buakaow.    Yes they go out and work with big machines and move dirt around but they've accomplished exactly nothing in these last few months.   Is there anyone in charge?

grand.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Construction started Jan 2015 and the ribbon cutting ceremony was Aug 2017, so about 2.5 years to complete. IIRC they were about six months late in finishing the project.

As an aside, recent news reports showed them finally fixing the lighting in the underpass. I'd estimate about 40% of the lighting never worked from day one. Went through the underpass a few days ago and think they may have over done it on the new lighting, my buddha it was bright.

Click on image below to view the photo album of the entire timeline of the construction project.

Ok...But it seemed like 4- 5 years.....lol

• Haha 2