https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-wanted_Nazi_war_criminals

deceased

deceased

deceased

deceased

deceased

deceased

99.9% are not longer alive...

When you read the full list it is understandable that they were hunted but I just can't get my head around hunting a teenage civilian typist.

IMO It is a step too far.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Yet close to zero is being done to make it clear that anti-semetisim isn't an OK form of racisim

.. But when "they" hunt 97 year old women that were civilian teenage administrative staff I think they lose a lot of empathy.

I think it is time to stop treating any race of people according to their past, instead treat them on their present...Whatever that race may be ...

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

.. But when "they" hunt 97 year old women that were civilian teenage administrative staff I think they lose a lot of empathy.

I think it is time to stop treating any race of people according to their past, instead treat them on their present...Whatever that race may be ...

The real nazis who ran the show, most have been dead for decades....The news seems to love to regurgitate horrible things from the past...They have run out of real nazis, so 19 year old secretaries who are now 97 is all that's left as a excuse to tell the whole horrible story again for the zillionth time...

Considering the YOUNGEST people from WW2 are 97-98-99 years old...I don't think we will be hearing of many more nazi persecutions....

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes, most of them are long dead, but I guess we should never forget what they contributed to under the Nazi regime and a stark reminder of what is, was, and still is possible, even in today's world. The horrors of mass genocide during WW2 should act as a stark reminder to all of us, despite being just history. 

There are few, if any Nazis left from WW2, but the concept is not dead and there are still those around who deny the holocaust.  

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Sherlock said:

I wait patiently for the day that the mass murderer known as Putin is brought to court and charged with genocide for the mass murder of a civilian population!!!

Blair & Bush Jnr should also be tried at the Hague.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

16 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Yes, most of them are long dead, but I guess we should never forget what they contributed to under the Nazi regime and a stark reminder of what is, was, and still is possible, even in today's world. The horrors of mass genocide during WW2 should act as a stark reminder to all of us, despite being just history. 

There are few, if any Nazis left from WW2, but the concept is not dead and there are still those around who deny the holocaust.  

and their families should know what evil bastards they were and have to live with it!!!

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 8:43 AM, fforest said:

The real nazis who ran the show, most have been dead for decades....The news seems to love to regurgitate horrible things from the past...They have run out of real nazis, so 19 year old secretaries who are now 97 is all that's left as a excuse to tell the whole horrible story again for the zillenth time...

Considering the YOUNGEST people from WW2 are 97-98-99 years old...I don't think we will be hearing of many more nazis persecutions....

Your concern seems to be more about the poor Nazis ...

the atrocities should be remembered, anyone who helped should be made accountable, even if it is purely symbolic and sentences suspended because of age 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Your concern seems to be more about the poor Nazis ...

the atrocities should be remembered, anyone who helped should be made accountable, even if it is purely symbolic and sentences suspended because of age 

No I am not defending the Nazis....

I am just pointing out every time there is one of these practically ,now, death bed trials of elderly Germans, the whole terrible thing that happened back then gets full news coverage and the whole thing gets repeated yet again in the minds of millions, like a horror film on endless repeat.....I just don't see the way they go about it as a reminder of helpful memories, so its not repeated.. 

But thankfully in a few more years it will all be over because everyone from back then will be at least 100 years old soon..

Edited by fforest

You have to draw the line somewhere. Imprisoning a 97 year old who was a typist at the same age as my Granddaughter is now just does not seem right to me.

I know it is not quite the same context but it makes no logical sense to blame individuals from any Nation for the "sins of their Father's/Fathers. Unless, of course, those "sins" are being repeated right now.

One of the real positive things I gained from being Secrets Hotel Manager was that I got to meet so many real great individuals from all over the world. The inescapable conclusion was that most everybody just wanted to get on with their lives in peace whatever their nationality. That, and shag Thai women at least half their age.

It is politicians the world over that f**k everything up!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

25 years ago my sons (now) wife came to Australia from Japan to work and travel. They met in Central Australia and traveled together (he was a photographer and spoke fluent Japanese. 

A few times they went into Returned Servicemen Clubs, for food, drinks etc and she couldn't understand the sometimes hostile reception she got from older males. He explained to her Japan's 'exploits' in the 2nd World War and she was horrified when he showed her articles about it. She knew nothing about it, was not taught this history, and it shocked her. Perhaps an example of what happens when governments sanitize their history

Edited by biggles
  • Great Info 3

The pick-ings are getting mighty slim on finding new Nazis.....About the only people left would be the Hitler Youth....Would they stoop so low as to convict the Hitler Youth?...You never know with these guys...

Even the Hitler Youth would be in their mid to late 80s now..

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, fforest said:

The pick-ings are getting mighty slim on finding new Nazis.....About the only people left would be the Hitler Youth....Would they stoop so low as to convict the Hitler Youth?...You never know with these guys...

Even the Hitler Youth would be in their mid to late 80s now..

If they are going after a civilian typist then why not a quasi-military child armed with a broomstick.

Both cases are equally ridiculous IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/23/2022 at 2:34 AM, biggles said:

25 years ago my sons (now) wife came to Australia from Japan to work and travel. They met in Central Australia and traveled together (he was a photographer and spoke fluent Japanese. 

A few times they went into Returned Servicemen Clubs, for food, drinks etc and she couldn't understand the sometimes hostile reception she got from older males. He explained to her Japan's 'exploits' in the 2nd World War and she was horrified when he showed her articles about it. She knew nothing about it, was not taught this history, and it shocked her. Perhaps an example of what happens when governments sanitize their history

Every Government sanitizes their history. Truth, depends upon who happens to win.

The act of one nation is justified as pragmatism. The same act by another is deemed a war crime.

I wonder how your son  would have been welcomed in Dresden for instance if his wife had been German and born in that City?

• Thumbs Up 1