What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Finished reviewing my CCTV recordings in the hope of catching a thief.

I was surprised to read an article on Pattaya News that had a picture of my neighbor's house and a small part of my house in the picture as well.

Fortunately I now have a security camera system that records the video from the cameras. One of the cameras points along the side of my house, but has the neighbor's house in the view as well.

One of the items stolen was a solar light, so it was easy enough to narrow down the day by looking at midnight night shots of that light to see when it disappeared. That happened on June 25th.

I then fast-forwarded through the early morning hours of the 25th and was able to record a timeline of when the light, along with outside electric conduit was removed. Unfortunately the light levels were too low to get a good shot of the thief to identify him.

Here's a YouTube vid I uploaded of the thief taking down the light. The light is in the far back, center of the video.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Great Info 1
  • Sad 3

Nursing the usual Saturday am light head following a gallon of lager last night. How I enjoy my Friday, after work beers but with no food ( bikini diet) then the morning after sometimes is a struggle. 

waiting for the boy to arise ( last day at school yesterday so could be a lie in)  then off here for brekkie https://primrosecafe.co.uk/

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, AJSP said:

Nursing the usual Saturday am light head following a gallon of lager last night. How I enjoy my Friday, after work beers but with no food ( bikini diet) then the morning after sometimes is a struggle. 

waiting for the boy to arise ( last day at school yesterday so could be a lie in)  then off here for brekkie https://primrosecafe.co.uk/

image.jpeg

Blimey, your kids finished school already; my little one finishes on 21 July.

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Just opened this from the HMRC.

Result!.

knew I was due something as I had been on emergency tax plu I had time not working before this job.

Never expected this much.

IMG_0481.jpeg

Nice deposit for that bike methinks. 

• Thumbs Up 3

If you have any savings , worth checking what rates you are currently getting paid ... my savings account had very good rates when I opened it , but they haven't changed in 2023 , despite four base rate rises ... a quick look around and I have opened some new products with another provider and will be moving funds on Monday 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

If you have any savings , worth checking what rates you are currently getting paid ... my savings account had very good rates when I opened it , but they haven't changed in 2023 , despite four base rate rises ... a quick look around and I have opened some new products with another provider and will be moving funds on Monday 

I have two ISA accounts that pay nothing, like 0.25%. And I have tens of thousands in them. They were 5% when I opened them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

I have two ISA accounts that pay nothing, like 0.25%. And I have tens of thousands in them. They were 5% when I opened them.

Tens of thousands... that's great. Is it a million? That would be perfect for retirement. I think the majority on this board are 50+ so we must be thinking about this sort of stuff. If we optimistically think we will live to reach 100. Then there is a huge gap from 67 to 100. I'm looking at this now and the math is not favourable. If i work until 70 things look a lot better. Early death also looks good on paper, but no, i will outlive my wife and get to the 3 digits..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Take a look at Virgin 1 and 2 year fixed rates, around 4.36 the last time I Iooked.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Tens of thousands... that's great. Is it a million? That would be perfect for retirement. I think the majority on this board are 50+ so we must be thinking about this sort of stuff. If we optimistically think we will live to reach 100. Then there is a huge gap from 67 to 100. I'm looking at this now and the math is not favourable. If i work until 70 things look a lot better. Early death also looks good on paper, but no, i will outlive my wife and get to the 3 digits..

I’m in my 50’s, my mum died at 54, same age as me now, my dad was 59. My sister has cancer and maybe 3 or 4 months left, she’s 57. I have had addiction issues since about 12 years old due to my traumatic life.

I really don’t fancy myself living to an old age to be honest.

Just home from France, it was a good journey with no probems, even got offered a train an hour earlier than ours which gave us 30 minutes to have a Burger King and grab some duty free.

All showered up now, dirty washing in the machine and a beer poured.

Looking forward to a nice bottle of red whilst catching up on some recorded TV

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

7 hours ago, galenkia said:

Just opened this from the HMRC.

Result!.

knew I was due something as I had been on emergency tax plu I had time not working before this job.

Never expected this much.

IMG_0481.jpeg

So you’re booking those trips to Montreal and Iceland, right? 

26 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

So you’re booking those trips to Montreal and Iceland, right? 

Can’t book anything currently as I need the time off for my sister later in the year. Won’t be looking at anything until next year. And what happens then I really don’t know. Depends if I don’t self destruct.

Edited by galenkia
  • Like 3

Just now, galenkia said:

Can’t book anything currently as I need the time off for my sister later in the year. Won’t be looking at anything until next year. And what happens then I really don’t know.

I don’t know what to say…..you’ve been very blunt about her condition. Just hope she’s comfortable and not suffering….F—k cancer

• Like 2

17C at 0700 this morning, figured it'd be another scorcher today and it has been, with a forecast for much the same for the next few days; we have fires burning north and south of us but thankfully the wind has not carried any smoke this way but I think it's going to happen over the next few  days. Didn't get much accomplished today, too busy killing yesterday's hangover but tomorrow I'll get back to my duties. Here's the temperature on my deck at 7:00PM tonight:

rsz_img_1987.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2