What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Nursing a slight hangover, just had breakfast, feel a bit better LOL! Going to hit Lumpini Park to see if I can shake out some more cob-webs. 2 of my buddies arrived from USA Tues night. First time here for both of them. They are both married, told their wives they were going to Japan on a business trip!  57 and 60 year olds, they have been living the dream through my many pics/trip reports over the years, it was their time to finally get here. 

Staying at Tai Pan Hotel, Soi 23, had dinner last night at “Little Italy” hit Soi Cowboy and the rest is history. First stop Baccara, they did everything I told them NOT to do. Get inside, within 10 minutes they had bought their favorite girls 3 LD’s already! I will say though, the girls they took LT were fine, "young and stacked"  I was left to fend for myself as they had the gals take them to  Vertigo Skybar. 6k LT for each they told me. Ahhhh to be a “noob” again huh? 

I met this “hostess” dressed all in black outside. Well….I shouldn’t be talking shit, over the course of the next 3 hours, we had 8 drinks each…4 outside and 4 upstairs. 190 baht for me Sangsom/Coke, 290 baht for her Gin/Tonic. Upstairs she brought her “A” game, few snoggles and things were getting fun as she was quite buzzed. 32 years old, Miss Da was fun, even an aging former “rock star” like me can still live in the past right? She would have been a great shag…..no doubt about it.

Will see what happens tonite……if I can find these guys LOL! 

IMG_8735.jpg

LOL !

Great story Yes !

I bet those guys were more excited than the first time they went to Disney Land.

Although you have probably now ruined their lives.    5555555 !

_______________________________________________-

I remember back on my 2018 trip. These two guys (long time buddies) from Houston sat next to me. They were headed to BKK for the first time. I thought to myself "OMG".

We hit it off good and had a blast on the flight over. 

I volunteered to take them out the first two nights. They were salavating like a chained dog with a sirlion dangling under it's nose. 

I knew at the time I should limit it to two nights. Because I knew that regardless of what I said the rules would be out the door.

The first night we went to a big club in Nana (I can't remember the name). Within twenty minutes the two guys were already arguing over a girl. I calmed them both down and fortunately one of the guys finally started to sniff a different girl. They were on their way to their hotel ten minutes later. I happily on my own, but with a smile on my face.

The second night I took them to Anglewitch hoping to slow down the pace a bit. It worked, we had a blast that went on for about three hours. I then cut out and left them to search and destroy.

Over time I lost track of those guys, but it sure would be fun to see how they are doing.

• Like 3

Just finished a 12hr overnight security shift - I was booked as an extra patrol but the prime responder called in sick so I got stuck with his shift and had a very active night, didn't have a break in all of that time and I am glad it's done with now - bedtime at 0740...

• Thumbs Up 5

Just reading some worrying news from the Island Of Rhodes. I will be flying in Monday evening and the news is now confirming that there are fires in the Kiotari area of Lardos, which just happens to be the next town down the coast from Pefkos. 

I am hopeful that the firefighters will sort these fires out before I get there but, I suppose more importantly, they don't get out of control and create an issue for our stay in Pefkos or any citizens.

The link below is a live webcam which shows the view from Pefkos beach towards Lardos and Kiotari. Seems a lot of smoke in the distance.

https://www.mypefkos.com/live-camera/

The area I am going to, Pefkos is towards the top right with Lardos (Kiotari to the lower left.

Rhodes fires.png

• Sad 2

The directions to the lake where a bit sketchy and we got exact details today. Put in said road in your sat nav and it will take you down a farm track to the lake.

We did exactly that and duly Arrived at a farm. No lake in sight. An olderly lady appeared in a wheelchair quite surprised to see us.

Between my crap French and lots of gestures we realised we where at the wrong place, turned around and headed back down the track.

Another search of the road name threw up Another identical street some 10 miles away.

This time we found the lake.

Everything is set up and hopeful of some action during the week ahead. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Surprised 2

5 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just reading some worrying news from the Island Of Rhodes. I will be flying in Monday evening and the news is now confirming that there are fires in the Kiotari area of Lardos, which just happens to be the next town down the coast from Pefkos. 

I am hopeful that the firefighters will sort these fires out before I get there but, I suppose more importantly, they don't get out of control and create an issue for our stay in Pefkos or any citizens.

The link below is a live webcam which shows the view from Pefkos beach towards Lardos and Kiotari. Seems a lot of smoke in the distance.

The area I am going to, Pefkos is towards the top right with Lardos (Kiotari to the lower left.

Rhodes fires.png

I wish you the best there, mate - I often feel for the tourists who travel so far to see my part of the world in the summer only to have the air filled with woodsmoke upon their arrival - bad enough for us locals. Having said that, it hasn't been bad lately although we do have one fire still burning relatively near but the wind has carried the smoke elsewhere, thankfully...

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, boydeste said:

The directions to the lake where a bit sketchy and we got exact details today. Put in said road in your sat nav and it will take you down a farm track to the lake.

We did exactly that and duly Arrived at a farm. No lake in sight. An olderly lady appeared in a wheelchair quite surprised to see us.

Between my crap French and lots of gestures we realised we where at the wrong place, turned around and headed back down the track.

Another search of the road name threw up Another identical street some 10 miles away.

This time we found the lake.

Everything is set up and hopeful of some action during the week ahead. 

Ah, Monsieur Boydeste, you spend so much time tormenting zee fish a la francais, p'raps you should buy zee villa there, n'est ce pas? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Rhodes fires.png

A lot of flights getting cancelled by various airlines, evacuation flights being put on.

Looks bad.

Even if you still could get, I think the whole  island would be in carnage and general chaos. I'm sure you're already doing this, but I'd be checking my options with my airline/tour operator, and travel insurance. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Krapow said:

A lot of flights getting cancelled by various airlines, evacuation flights being put on.

Looks bad.

Even if you still could get, I think the whole  island would be in carnage and general chaos. I'm sure you're already doing this, but I'd be checking my options with my airline/tour operator, and travel insurance. 

Going mate, just been to the airport and dropped my bags for the flight tomorrow. Too much hype and negative chat about Rhodes. Terrible in small areas of Rhodes but it is a big island and the fires/smoke are about 15 - 20 miles from where I will be.

Flight going, hotel sent welcome message and I will be there tomorrow. If it kicks off I will deal with it then but expect to be drinking Alpha tomorrow night.

• Like 2

The best of luck to Horizondave, I sure hope his holiday works out. Here in my locale the air was full of woodsmoke all yesterday - I went to work at 1930 and had just gotten my vehicle out of our gated compound when I noticed the sky getting darker; about ten minutes later the heavens opened with a fury and we had a short, intense thunderstorm that was the most severe I've seen in years - power out all over, big trees being knocked down by the wind, etc. - the road past our yard looked like a tropical storm, with waves of water being pushed down the road by the wind and trees seemingly bent over almost double, like a bloody hurricane. Then we had every fire alarm panel and the more sensitive motion detectors in our many buildings acting up and the phone never stopped ringing with calls from our alarm monitoring contractors until well after midnight - sure glad I wasn't the first responder last night!

• Surprised 2

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Trying to get warm and dry. Just dealt with a big carp in torrential rain.

Glad it wasn't as rough as Gord just experienced. 

As of this morning the power crews were still working to restore service in some areas - many trees came down last night with the winds. Another storm just passed through my area but thankfully seems to be over now as I am off to work again in an hour - my "Friday" tonight, days off again until next weekend. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Surprised 1

Quick trip out to the yard to check my drain now that the rain has tapered off - half an hour of torrential rain and the perforated 45 gallon drum under the grating is only one third full; before I installed this drain last year the yard would have been one giant puddle. The gravelly soil has great drainage here. 

rsz_img_1995.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 7/22/2023 at 11:29 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

What do you mean ''WOULD have been'' 🤣

Cliff, well since I was brought up Catholic, I take my marriage vows seriously, Miss Da will not be in the trophy case back home LOL!  Hey, you know when I am on tour and have a few boys night out, I always find something for wifey. Well, how did I do? AC/DC shirt and a few "trinkets" from this gal from Terminal 21. 

On 7/22/2023 at 12:34 PM, Trip said:

Whatever you do; don't take them to Thermae.

Well Mr. Trip, did you actually think I was going to let these "noobs" show me up? The Veteran Rock Star I once was, still has some game.  Not only did I go to Thermae after our second night out where I was "stiffed" once again as they took 2 stunners from Billboard. I didn't pull just 1 girl, I pulled 2 ..... Who's your Daddy?  LOL!  Pics and some stories soon. 

On 7/22/2023 at 2:21 PM, Glasseye said:

LOL !

Great story Yes !

I bet those guys were more excited than the first time they went to Disney Land.

Although you have probably now ruined their lives.    5555555 !

_______________________________________________-

I remember back on my 2018 trip. These two guys (long time buddies) from Houston sat next to me. They were headed to BKK for the first time. I thought to myself "OMG".

We hit it off good and had a blast on the flight over. 

I volunteered to take them out the first two nights. They were salavating like a chained dog with a sirlion dangling under it's nose. 

I knew at the time I should limit it to two nights. Because I knew that regardless of what I said the rules would be out the door.

The first night we went to a big club in Nana (I can't remember the name). Within twenty minutes the two guys were already arguing over a girl. I calmed them both down and fortunately one of the guys finally started to sniff a different girl. They were on their way to their hotel ten minutes later. I happily on my own, but with a smile on my face.

The second night I took them to Anglewitch hoping to slow down the pace a bit. It worked, we had a blast that went on for about three hours. I then cut out and left them to search and destroy.

Over time I lost track of those guys, but it sure would be fun to see how they are doing.

Great story Glass, it is kind of fun to see us older dudes still having fun in "fun town" after all of these years. God, with all the talent around these days still, hard to imagine anyone getting upset over 1 girl. I will assume it was the alcohol talking perhaps. 

IMG_8791.JPG

IMG_8749.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, boydeste said:

Been sheltering from the rain since yesterday evening. Finally we have a repreave for a while until the next onslaught. 

Looks to be crap weather all week here lakeside in Central France. 

Hey Stu, we are getting alot of coverage about the absolute brutal heat Europe is getting. Seems Spain and Greece are at all time highs. How abut the other parts of Europe? 

Stay safe...

25 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Cliff, well since I was brought up Catholic, I take my marriage vows seriously, Miss Da will not be in the trophy case back home LOL!  Hey, you know when I am on tour and have a few boys night out, I always find something for wifey. Well, how did I do? AC/DC shirt and a few "trinkets" from this gal from Terminal 21. 

Well Mr. Trip, did you actually think I was going to let these "noobs" show me up? The Veteran Rock Star I once was, still has some game.  Not only did I go to Thermae after our second night out where I was "stiffed" once again as they took 2 stunners from Billboard. I didn't pull just 1 girl, I pulled 2 ..... Who's your Daddy?  LOL!  Pics and some stories soon. 

Great story Glass, it is kind of fun to see us older dudes still having fun in "fun town" after all of these years. God, with all the talent around these days still, hard to imagine anyone getting upset over 1 girl. I will assume it was the alcohol talking perhaps. 

IMG_8791.JPG

IMG_8749.JPG

Only ''pulling your pisser'' mate, i know you're a good boy lol, love the ACDC shirt and Hells Bells is imo a great rock song. Here i go yet another opportunity to post my heroes music, sorry but :default_party-smiley-048:

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Just from my experience in both Thermae and Billboard; your pick of the litter at Thermae will be superior and less expensive than any of the Billboard pool.

Downside is you might end up with a longer term mia noi. But maybe that's not a downside. Perspective can be everything.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Going mate, just been to the airport and dropped my bags for the flight tomorrow. Too much hype and negative chat about Rhodes. Terrible in small areas of Rhodes but it is a big island and the fires/smoke are about 15 - 20 miles from where I will be.

Flight going, hotel sent welcome message and I will be there tomorrow. If it kicks off I will deal with it then but expect to be drinking Alpha tomorrow night.

Aye, I'd be the same, too much invested in it, and not talking about money. Hope it all goes well, it'll either probably be a disaster,  or brilliant with not so much people there.

Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Aye, I'd be the same, too much invested in it, and not talking about money. Hope it all goes well, it'll either probably be a disaster,  or brilliant with not so much people there.

Good luck!

Thanks. I am monitoring situation and have emailed hotel to confirm they are operating safely and with all facilities. Have had note from taxi driver confirming pick up.

The media coverage paints a disaster and it is bad, but there are many tourists enjoying their holiday uninterrupted in other parts of the island and Pefkos, itself, is well outside the badly hit areas although the biggest issue may be smoke drifting on the winds from 15 miles south.

Invested financially and emotionally in need for first trip in a year, it could all go wrong but for now, all signs are that we should still have a great trip.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Thanks. I am monitoring situation and have emailed hotel to confirm they are operating safely and with all facilities. Have had note from taxi driver confirming pick up.

The media coverage paints a disaster and it is bad, but there are many tourists enjoying their holiday uninterrupted in other parts of the island and Pefkos, itself, is well outside the badly hit areas although the biggest issue may be smoke drifting on the winds from 15 miles south.

Invested financially and emotionally in need for first trip in a year, it could all go wrong but for now, all signs are that we should still have a great trip.

Aye it looks bad on the media and social media, and I'm sure it is bad in those areas where it's happening. But if think it's not near you, nor will be or smoke etc, then I'd go as well.

That said, these fires move quickly, dependant on winds. 

• Like 2