What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

37 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I assume you have tried a different unit just in case it is genuinely faulty from new.

The part i circled in yellow in my earlier post is a twist connector (quick lock)

Screenshot_20231106_063917_Samsung Internet.jpg

KhunDon has explained that the connectors weren't compatible so he added a plastic terminal block - that should be ok.

Now it looks like the first one i replaced, i just replaced the LED lamp at the connector and it worked.

But KhunDon's issue now seems like my second attempt where just changing the lamp didn't work. My breakthrough was when i realised that i could pull down the lamp and driver from the hole in the ceiling. There was quite a length of wire including a plastic terminal block that joins the wires from the LED driver to the lighting circuit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

On bus to kanchanaburi,

I don't know who you are travelling with or how long the stay is, but I'd recommend a day trip to the elephants Sanctuary there ...www.elephantsworld.org . I know damn well that my sons and families would love to see some updated pics there !!

They pick you up from your hotel.

Quite a few tears were shed when they got back too ...

I'm in town for 2 nights to have root canal surgery tomorrow. As usual I am cramming in as many jobs as possible!

I have paid my monthly rent/leccy/water bill...(a massive 2460 this month!) then I went to Facino to stock up on pills....but can you believe my effing stupidity! I handed over a piece of card with the BP tablets I needed forgetting that on the back was a list of important phone numbers. I never got it back!!! That is going to take a long long time to recreate !. Stupid bastard !!

I'm now eating "soft" food from Seaside ...Ommelet, spring rolls and an extra portion of fat chips !!..And 2 litres of Mont Clair !!

Good Night !!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

37 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'm in town for 2 nights to have root canal surgery tomorrow. As usual I am cramming in as many jobs as possible!

I have paid my monthly rent/leccy/water bill...(a massive 2460 this month!) then I went to Facino to stock up on pills....but can you believe my effing stupidity! I handed over a piece of card with the BP tablets I needed forgetting that on the back was a list of important phone numbers. I never got it back!!! That is going to take a long long time to recreate !. Stupid bastard !!

I'm now eating "soft" food from Seaside ...Ommelet, spring rolls and an extra portion of fat chips !!..And 2 litres of Mont Clair !!

Good Night !!!

If the numbers are important, I would consider going back in the hope that the card is still sitting in his bin behind the counter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Up early today as I should be getting a new boiler fitted.

Currently I have a pipe connected to a down stairs radiator and the system is draining down. Hopefully this will give the engineer a head start on the job and prevent a night with no heating.

He should be rocking up at 9am which is only 5 minutes away. Hope he isn't late as I will be nervous he may not turn up.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I don't know who you are travelling with or how long the stay is, but I'd recommend a day trip to the elephants Sanctuary there ...www.elephantsworld.org . I know damn well that my sons and families would love to see some updated pics there !!

They pick you up from your hotel.

Quite a few tears were shed when they got back too ...

Me and the missus have volunteered there a few times, great place, and lovely part of Thailand.

Done Hellfire Pass, the museums and graves as well.

Found the thread, but says archived, can't see it :default_aggressive:

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

28 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Up early today as I should be getting a new boiler fitted.

Currently I have a pipe connected to a down stairs radiator and the system is draining down. Hopefully this will give the engineer a head start on the job and prevent a night with no heating.

He should be rocking up at 9am which is only 5 minutes away. Hope he isn't late as I will be nervous he may not turn up.

Fortunately my guy has turned up only 15 minutes late, so panic over!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

He'll show. And you will be happy when the day is over.

Good one mate !

I have a micro bore system and historically it has been a nightmare to get all of the air out quickly. Hopefully this guy has a few tricks up his sleeve to get it done quickly.

Also the new boiler has just been delivered too, so all going along nicely.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, boydeste said:

I have a micro bore system and historically it has been a nightmare to get all of the air out quickly. Hopefully this guy has a few tricks up his sleeve to get it done quickly.

👍

Sounds like you have the right guy for the job brother. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

He'll show. And you will be happy when the day is over.

Good one mate !

He won’t be happy at the end of the day because that’s when he’ll be handed the bill. 
££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ lots of them. 🤣

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

He won’t be happy at the end of the day because that’s when he’ll be handed the bill. 

Better than feezing your nutsack off....    55555555555555 !

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I had microbore pipes in an apartment years ago and the boiler needed to be changed to a Combi. A real bastard of a job as he had to make a new manifold as the Combi was a different design at the bottom where the boiler pipes connected to the micro bore pipes, so he had to make another manifold.
I paid almost as much for the boiler installation as I did for the boiler. 😟 luckily I got the boiler at cost from a lady friend who buys several every year in her business of buying and refurbishing properties. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Yes, any plumbing work these days is pricey, that's why I mostly do my own.

To swap out a boiler you need to be certified gas safe and to be honest, whilst I have fitted them new in the past, it's not a job I want to do these days.

I chose a boiler with a 10 year warrantee and thought the total cost was fair at £2700. Half of that has already been transferred up front, so if all goes well, the other half will get sent later tonight.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

Yes, any plumbing work these days is pricey, that's why I mostly do my own.

To swap out a boiler you need to be certified gas safe and to be honest, whilst I have fitted them new in the past, it's not a job I want to do these days.

I chose a boiler with a 10 year warrantee and thought the total cost was fair at £2700. Half of that has already been transferred up front, so if all goes well, the other half will get sent later tonight.

Good job you’re getting it renewed as winter draws on. 🤣

• Like 1