What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

38 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Getting ready to drive to ao manao,as much as I like driving in Thailand(not in congestion citys)and I've done this drive many times on the pcx,being  Saturday I'm a bit apprehensive,1 night there will do,night market will be on tonight along the beach Rd so be busy,it's feeding the langur monkeys I'm looking forward to,and just chilling in general at the beach at wing 5,have a nice day guys.

1000037918.jpg

I've always enjoy your monkey pics. Especially the one you posted - The monkey starring off into space while sitting on the big tree trunk, with the other little guy below sneaking a quick peek.   Classic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just back from feeding the maquak s small bananas, one of them wouldn't take any,  jumped on the pcx shaking the handlebar like a madman possessed intent on breaking off a souvenir,no damage,after I shooed him off still didn't take banana 

Got back to the hotel and ting tongs opened the bloody monkey nuts that I bought for the langurs tomorrow!!1000039614.jpg1000039612.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, richy65 said:

Just about recovered from my return from Thailand to the UK on Wednesday. Back working on Monday.

Enjoyed. Please, do not become a stranger now that you're back to the grind. Enjoyed hearing about your exploits, especially the good times on Soi 8.

Won't be long before the time comes when you know you can pull the plug and make the next move. It comes quicker than you think. 

You're making the right path, and I think will follow through.

It ain't easy, but damn sure worth it. Things will eventually fall into place and you will thank yourself for having the patience and insight in doing so.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Enjoyed. Please, do not become a stranger now that you're back to the grind. Enjoyed hearing about your exploits, especially the good times on Soi 8.

Won't be long before the time comes when you know you can pull the plug and make the next move. It comes quicker than you think. 

You're making the right path, and I think will follow through.

It ain't easy, but damn sure worth it. Things will eventually fall into place and you will thank yourself for having the patience and insight in doing so.

Wise words indeed, thank you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richy65 said:

Just about recovered from my return from Thailand to the UK on Wednesday. Back working on Monday.

You're sensible ...

when I was working I used to try and maximise my holiday time and would fly back on Saturday/Sunday then go to work on the Monday..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Arrive back at 7pm on a Sunday, back at work next morning.

I've done things like from left my wallet sitting on a bus, to falling straight asleep in meetings, all down to jetlag/lack of sleep or whatever.

Still do the exact same :default_biggrin:

• Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

Many years ago , I met a couple of guys in Patts that worked for BA , they had flown out on the Friday night after work , then were returning back to London on the midnight flight on Sunday arriving at 06:00 ( iirc ) back to work at 08:00 on Monday ...  they said because of the staff flights it was cheaper than a weekend at home 555

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Arrive back at 7pm on a Sunday, back at work next morning.

I've done things like from left my wallet sitting on a bus, to falling straight asleep in meetings, all down to jetlag/lack of sleep or whatever.

Still do the exact same :default_biggrin:

Fair play but i wouldn't fancy that, I like a few days recovery

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Many years ago , I met a couple of guys in Patts that worked for BA , they had flown out on the Friday night after work , then were returning back to London on the midnight flight on Sunday arriving at 06:00 ( iirc ) back to work at 08:00 on Monday ...  they said because of the staff flights it was cheaper than a weekend at home 555

I have done similar, but did a weekend to Bangkok after leaving work on a Friday afternoon (after an early), and returning to work Monday, but on a late shift from 2pm.

My shift pattern tended to be finishing on an early, and returning to work on a late.

My best ever was a day trip to Washington and my flight out of London was 2 hours late, spent about 5 hours in the city. The airport was also not too close to the centre of the city. Did decide it was a bit crazy and didn't attempt that again.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Grieving. Just lost one of the pair of my Harp pint glasses. The other is still with me. We grieve togehter. I hope it stays with me many more years. When it goes I am afraid I will be a gonner.

Harp.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Surprised 1

Sitting on the balcony, oozy with a stoozy,the reds gone to my head,and ready to bang her on the bed,if she should catch wind of this,me taking the piss,there'll be no more bliss.

It's nice here tho,serene ,beautiful,tranquil,I should drink more red wine now tho 😅

17046213042301246337367309717387.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Just back from feeding the maquak s small bananas, one of them wouldn't take any,  jumped on the pcx shaking the handlebar like a madman possessed intent on breaking off a souvenir,no damage,after I shooed him off still didn't take banana 

Got back to the hotel and ting tongs opened the bloody monkey nuts that I bought for the langurs tomorrow!!1000039614.jpg1000039612.jpg

Nothing catches attention like a few nuts !

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Checked into wing 5 hotel,for years think it was closed or just used by royal Thai navy,room with a view 1600 bht.

1000039636.jpg

1000039646.jpg

1000039630.jpg1000039655.jpg1000039637.jpg

1000039639.jpg

Very impressed with the price for such a great view. Looks like a quality room with a great balcony. Was it a full service hotel with other good facilities?.

Maybe a little too near Hua Hin for an overnight if traveling further south, but if in Ao Manao for an overnight or two, that looks a great option.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 1

Had one of those, 'I didn't know that before moments' today.

I have HDPRIME TV access via my laptop and mobile. I use the app often and have usually used an HDMI connection to my TV or Cast the tab/screen to the TV via a screencast capability. Been doing this for 3.5 years. Most of the time I get a good connection but occasionally (especially with Live Sports) I have had connection issues and occasional buffering.

Last night, I was looking to cast the Chelsea v Preston game from my laptop, but noticed that at the bottom of the TV that there was an option for YOUTUBE etc., with WEB OS along the line. Now I have not used the WEB OS app before, as I have a laptop and android, but just suddenly thought, can I sign in to my HDPRIME through the TV.

Well, I did sign in, and can I say how damn good the signal is. No buffering, good quality picture and a better size fit for the TV screen.

I presume the TV has been connected to my Virgin WIFI, but the quality and streaming is so superior to other connections via HDMI and casting. It is so simple, so bloody good that I am shocked I have never done this before. 

Many times we have, as a family started watching a casted film only for it to buffer and destroy the viewing, now I am happy I won't need to do that again.

Of course this is probably why the TV is called Smart and I am not lol

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Very impressed with the price for such a great view. Looks like a quality room with a great balcony. Was it a full service hotel with other good facilities?.

Maybe a little too near Hua Hin for an overnight if traveling further south, but if in Ao Manao for an overnight or two, that looks a great option.

When we checked in was a few thai groups Che king out,I think we're the only ones tonight 😁supposed to be buffet breakfast included in price but reckon it'll be to order.

Yes if travelling further I'd stop bang saphan or ban krut,its drfo worth a visit if in this area tho,they also have family suites and pool access rooms which I'd probably take the next time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Back in wing 5 hotel ao manao,apart from the 2 reception girls were the only guests here,pitch black driving through the base and across the runway to get back here,spooky 

Had a good day, started off feeding the langurs in the morning ,great fun,didn't take any photos with phone this time it's a pain as both hands are occupied, instead used the insta 360 cam attached to tshirt,bought for doing munros in Scotland but its really handy for this sort of stuff,and for riding the bike,hope I've captured the beautiful bay and monkeys well.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, richy65 said:

Fair play but i wouldn't fancy that, I like a few days recovery

Yep, I used to take 2  or 3 days before heading back.  Had I fiailed to do so I may have ended up going polstal or something.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Thumbs Up 1