What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

8 minutes ago, Binlid said:

Just slicing up Bara Brith which I made for our patients afternoon cuppa,it is a traditional Welsh fruit loaf which is typically buttered.

20240207_121450.jpg

20240207_121543.jpg

Looks similar to what I would call malt loaf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

Just slicing up Bara Brith which I made for our patients afternoon cuppa,it is a traditional Welsh fruit loaf which is typically buttered.

20240207_121450.jpg

20240207_121543.jpg

Love a bit of Bara Brith, last eaten at my cousins in Merthyr a few weeks back.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just knew everything was going too smoothly concerning our upcoming trip(on Tuesday)& my mum going into a home this Friday.

Had a call from the home this evening....they've had an outbreak of scabies & did I think my mum would object to being covered in cream from head to toe a couple of times a day.

f**k!

I cannot put her through that.

There's a home in our village which is quite a bit pricier so going to see if they can get her in there at short notice.

👹

• Sad 7

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

I just knew everything was going too smoothly concerning our upcoming trip(on Tuesday)& my mum going into a home this Friday.

Had a call from the home this evening....they've had an outbreak of scabies & did I think my mum would object to being covered in cream from head to toe a couple of times a day.

f**k!

There's a home in our village which is quite a bit pricier so going to see if they can get her in there at short notice.

👹

That care of that mate. The scabbies thing is a big red flag. Take the time to sort that out mate. Prioritities first (as you acknowleged). 

This place will still be sitting here waiting for you, and you will be much more comfortable once you get here.

You are cetainly doing  the best thing. God's speed and best wishes.

Always except the unexpected, always stay flexible, and keep in mind you never know what's around the next corner. Do these things, keep up the good attitude, and remember your friends love you.

That's all that really matters.

I actually got these a while ago.

They're called "reality goggles".

You put them on and can still see everything in front of you, just as it was before you put the goggles on.

image.png

Edited by fygjam
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, fygjam said:

I actually got these a while ago.

They're called "reality goggles".

You put them on and can still see everything in front of you, just as it was before you put the goggles on.

image.png

I don't want to ask what you use them for.

12 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Actually no. Something much worse. That's the best answer you will get out of me.

Dog damn perverts ----    😇

I think if i say ology or iatric i'll be getting close, but let's leave that for those other sorts of forum. At least this has stopped with just a glance into the toolkit.

18 minutes ago, Zambo said:

I think if i say ology or iatric i'll be getting close, but let's leave that for those other sorts of forum. At least this has stopped with just a glance into the toolkit.

I have no idea what those words mean. And I am too arsed (and afraid) to look them up.

13 hours ago, coxyhog said:

f**k!

👹

The care home in our village are sending someone to assess mother this afternoon with a view to admit her Saturday.

Really impressed with their reaction to my tale of woe.£114pw more expensive but it'll cost me £££'s to change our flights and hotel.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

The care home in our village are sending someone to assess mother this afternoon with a view to admit her Saturday.

Really impressed with their reaction to my tale of woe.£114pw more expensive but it'll cost me £££'s to change our flights and hotel.

I's gonna cost you a shitload no matter what you do mate. It'll work out. Just be there. Hire a lawyer if necessary to make a call. Finesse it mate, now is your chance, you have the moment of leverage, but be nice.

No jobs to do today, just a day of busy doing nothing.

I have had 2 days of fannying about getting my name put on the blue house book here. Loads of "sit down, stand up, go there, come here, do that, do this, all interspersed with "wait there".". I won't post the experience in the "annoyed" thread because it is exactly how I expect Government Organizations to operate!

We are now at the "We will phone you when we are ready" stage ...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

No jobs to do today, just a day of busy doing nothing.

I have had 2 days of fannying about getting my name put on the blue house book here. Loads of "sit down, stand up, go there, come here, do that, do this, all interspersed with "wait there".". I won't post the experience in the "annoyed" thread because it is exactly how I expect Government Organizations to operate!

We are now at the "We will phone you when we are ready" stage ...

Thought you'd be used to greatcoats on, greatcoats off.

• Haha 1

M'Lady had to go to the airport in Ubon today so I asked her to buy a box of Mont Clair red from Makro for the footie over the weekend..

She has come back all smiles with the Mont Clair 3litr (73 baht more expensive than my Pattaya shop) but also a 3ltr box of Holla Velvet Red for 699 a box. At 11.5% it sounds quite a good buy.... If it tastes shit then she can drink it anyways !!

Anybody on here try it before ???

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Derek Dangleberries said:

M'Lady had to go to the airport in Ubon today so I asked her to buy a box of Mont Clair red from Makro for the footie over the weekend..

She has come back all smiles with the Mont Clair 3litr (73 baht more expensive than my Pattaya shop) but also a 3ltr box of Holla Velvet Red for 699 a box. At 11.5% it sounds quite a good buy.... If it tastes shit then she can drink it anyways !!

Anybody on here try it before ???

Holla Red.... if it's the one I tried a few years ago it was OK if chilled, but like warm ribena if not...

The gf and I decided it mustn't stay in the glass for too long.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Painter said:

Holla Red.... if it's the one I tried a few years ago it was OK if chilled, but like warm ribena if not...

The gf and I decided it mustn't stay in the glass for too long.

It is a 300 baht cheaper than Mont Clair. I wonder if we are now beginning to see wines coming through with Tax Reductions .....