What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 minute ago, AJSP said:

Baan Kuhn Por 

47EF37F5-1617-4EC1-89B2-47E32E2B3BE5.jpeg

A6428D21-5FE5-41EF-A769-95954254987F.jpeg

My favourite place in Hua Hin to eat with family, such a great selection. I tend to sit at the other end away from the stage, can get a bit noisy for me sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've spent the late evening "mellowing" outside enjoying my life. I'd like to see my final years out here, hopefully another 20 years or more!

But then the irony slowly dawned on me, so I've put it in a riddle that @Butch will understand in seconds..Perhaps about 5 others will too..

I now live in Ubon

The Province 

Not the town

The name is the same

As the place I left

Serving for the Crown

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've spent the late evening "mellowing" outside enjoying my life. I'd like to see my final years out here, hopefully another 20 years or more!

But then the irony slowly dawned on me, so I've put it in a riddle that @Butch will understand in seconds..Perhaps about 5 others will too..

I now live in Ubon

The Province 

Not the town

The name is the same

As the place I left

Serving for the Crown

Bournemouth?

• Haha 1

Now recovering from yesterday's hash run. Trail was only 8km in length, but we had to slog our way through overgrown, muddy creek beds at the start, then up and over one of the Khao Mai Kaeo hills. The midday heat was brutal. About halfway up the steep hill I was wishing I had skipped the run. A buddy of mine was thinking the same, but he was doing it while puking his guts out. Fun times. On On 👣

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Now recovering from yesterday's hash run. Trail was only 8km in length, but we had to slog our way through overgrown, muddy creek beds at the start, then up and over one of the Khao Mai Kaeo hills. The midday heat was brutal. About halfway up the steep hill I was wishing I had skipped the run. A buddy of mine was thinking the same, but he was doing it while puking his guts out. Fun times. On On 👣

image.jpeg

Out and back?

49 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Out and back?

A to B. Transport drops us off at the start point, we then follow hanging paper the hares had previously use to mark the trail. Along the way we occasionally encounter checks and backchecks to solve to once again find true trail. Eventually we make it to end of the trail where a truck with cold beers and food awaits us.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I now live in Ubon

The Province 

Not the town

The name is the same

As the place I left

Serving for the Crown

Butch must be feeling under pressure trying to solve this one. I haven't got any military connections (apart from you and Butch) so i have to tackle it cluelessly.

My first attempt was Kalasin (wrong province)

Then using AJSP's clue of british seaside towns i looked up a list on google and did think about Dover (the white cliffs, Vera Lynn)

But what about Oban another seaside resort? But why?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Butch must be feeling under pressure trying to solve this one. I haven't got any military connections (apart from you and Butch) so i have to tackle it cluelessly.

My first attempt was Kalasin (wrong province)

Then using AJSP's clue of british seaside towns i looked up a list on google and did think about Dover (the white cliffs, Vera Lynn)

But what about Oban another seaside resort? But why?

Hahahaha .... Has Butch been online..??

It is definitely in Thailand though !!!

4 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Hahahaha .... Has Butch been online..??

It is definitely in Thailand though !!!

I doubt we will see Butch post for a few days working this one out. I've given up on british seaside towns and I'm now working on the theory that "The Crown" is a pub not the government of the british isles.

9 minutes ago, Zambo said:

I'm now working on the theory that "The Crown" is a pub not the government of the british isles.

No mate .... definitely not a pub !!!

The irony being is that the place I hope to die in is also the name of the last unit I served with ..

Edited by Derek Dangleberries

Just back from another 2 dives at Phi Phi, as class as they were, I'm knackered.

And I'm now on entertainment the child in the pool duty 🙃 🤷‍♂️ after a quick coconut juice. 

20240405_153320.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

It 40 degrees and here we are sitting under a tin shed in the back blocks of North East Thailand. The girls are eating green mangoes dipped in chilli sauce drinking warm beer poured over ice.
Please shoot me.
IMG_6190.jpeg

Any flies around there?

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

No mate .... definitely not a pub !!!

The irony being is that the place I hope to die in is also the name of the last unit I served with ..

Screenshot_20240406_155346_Chrome.jpg

48 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

It 40 degrees and here we are sitting under a tin shed in the back blocks of North East Thailand. The girls are eating green mangoes dipped in chilli sauce drinking warm beer poured over ice.
Please shoot me.

It is even too hot to sit outside at night, so last night M'Lady ordered 2 x rechargeable fans to put on the table. Not the small individual ones but normal table top size.

400 baht for two on facebook is all I know because I paid!

I await delivery with baited breath !!!

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Hahahaha no mate .. I served in them for sure but not that unit and not then ...

And it also isn't the name of a town here !!

@Krapow would have called it "the watchers" in his younger days ...

I thought i had it

Screenshot_20240406_160815_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1