What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

3 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Stay safe mate. I am hunkered down, as usual.

I am out and about soaking up the atmosphere, so far so good. 

Well as I was typing this, I got my legs soaked caught in a crossfire whilst waiting for my food.  Lol

20240413_145747.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

Tomorrow will be interesting. Challenging to say the least.

Last year I grabbed a Grab to get somewhere (can't remember).

As we were weaving through the villages on the way to the main road my drivers windshield got hit with a water balloon (no big deal). But just after that a shitfaced lady fell into the path of the moving vehicle. 

The driver barely missed running over her. I muttered something to myself, and the driver and I had a big sigh of relief.

Madness I say, madness.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

Stay safe mate. I am hunkered down, as usual.

I'm sitting out today but will have a wander around tonight after 8:00PM or so; I think I'll dress up and brave the horrors tomorrow for a while...

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, maipenrai said:

I'm sitting out today but will have a wander around tonight after 8:00PM or so; I think I'll dress up and brave the horrors tomorrow for a while...

Stay safe buddy. Keep the water out of your eyes. 

Managed to escape to the Sportsman with only my back getting sprayed a few times.

15 minutes in the Sun and that soon dried off.

There is a massage place next door, so decided to get my head, shoulders and back sorted.

f**k me, I knew it was tight in there, but the 60kgs bird must of had all her weight on her elbows buried to my spine. Not one for pain, but I put up with it knowing it needed freeing off.

Now back in the Sportsman drinking the black stuff.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

Managed to escape to the Sportsman with only my back getting sprayed a few times.

15 minutes in the Sun and that soon dried off.

There is a massage place next door, so decided to get my head, shoulders and back sorted.

f**k me, I knew it was tight in there, but the 60kgs bird must of had all her weight on her elbows buried to my spine. Not one for pain, but I put up with it knowing it needed freeing off.

Now back in the Sportsman drinking the black stuff.

I won't do those massages. But.... the black stuff I will inbid in gleefully.

In another pool competition today and really didn't want to get soaked. Was mildly surprised when the first taxi I flagged down was happy to take me to Times Square for 100b. Its around 60 on the meter.

From there I can get around on the elevated walk way into Terminal 21 without getting wet.

The taxi guys at ground level were armed and dangerous.  Lol

20240414_140906.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 4/13/2024 at 6:40 AM, Krapow said:

Been fun, nothing like the craziness of Pattaya. But then no pissed up farangs.

The 'main' celebration/ water fight is mostly round the Royal Palace area at the moment, think it'll kick off here about 5pm. I seen them put up barricades and filling huge water tanks. We're all the hotel pool now, she's torturing and playing with other kids and their parents here. All good natured fun. Don't think we'll throw her into the main crowd later, she's only 7, and said she wanted to come to the pool. 

We can eat is the air-conditioning opulence of King Power later, marked safe from flour and water 🤣

20240413_110306.jpg

20240413_105924.jpg

20240413_105923.jpg

20240413_110300.jpg

20240413_110258.jpg

20240413_110251.jpg

She’ll have those fun memories for life, thanks to you. 🙏

Edited by KhunDon
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, boydeste said:

Finally I found my form, lost my 2nd match to a guy I gave a 3 start to 6 and the 8 as his extra money ball. It's double elimination,  so I beat all of the guys on the loosers side until I got to play the same guy again. This time I was playing real well and beat him hill hill.

In the final I slaughtered the guy 7 to 2, I had to give him a 2 start, so he didn't win a game.

Very very satisfying to finally start to play to my potential. Unfortunately it has taken 5 months and I will be returning home soon to terrorise the fish!

At least over the 5 months my flight has been paid for!

Well done. Enjoying it and copping a few notes to cover some costs - 👍👍

Edited by AJSP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, boydeste said:

In another pool competition today and really didn't want to get soaked. Was mildly surprised when the first taxi I flagged down was happy to take me to Times Square for 100b. Its around 60 on the meter.

From there I can get around on the elevated walk way into Terminal 21 without getting wet.

The taxi guys at ground level were armed and dangerous.  Lol

20240414_140906.jpg

Great strategy mate. I would sometimes take the BTS from Nana to Asok and then the walkway to Terminal 21. With only about 5 steps on Suk pavement, no road crossing, and less heat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AJSP said:

Well done. Enjoying it and copping a few notes to cover some costs - 👍👍

Thanks, I don't take it too seriously and still enjoy playing the comps, even when struggling. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Arrived in Philippines on a PAL flight, will be in and around manila this week. 

20240415_151106.jpg

Always liked flying to Philippines on PAL, I always ordered their Asahi when the drinks cart came around.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I am out playing Songkran yesterday, just drawing some water from the tub and I feel an itch on my right elbow - I brush it and  carry on and a  few seconds later I feel another sudden itch with same response and then forget about it. Today I wake up and some creature has left big, itchy welts on the inside of my elbow:

rsz_1img_3019.jpg

This is not the first time I have been attacked in this manner - same thing happened in Jomtien in February and has done so in previous visits, but I'd sure like to know what kind of creature is inflicting it - sure as hell ain't mosquitoes....

• Sad 2

20 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

So I am out playing Songkran yesterday, just drawing some water from the tub and I feel an itch on my right elbow - I brush it and  carry on and a  few seconds later I feel another sudden itch with same response and then forget about it. Today I wake up and some creature has left big, itchy welts on the inside of my elbow:

rsz_1img_3019.jpg

This is not the first time I have been attacked in this manner - same thing happened in Jomtien in February and has done so in previous visits, but I'd sure like to know what kind of creature is inflicting it - sure as hell ain't mosquitoes....

I'm guessing poison ivy. Centipedes are here also and they can be very nasty. Also possible spider bite.

I am super allergic to Poison Ivy and other related plants. It is easy to brush up on it without realizing, or even getting the oils on your clothing and it contacting on other parts of your body. It usually takes a day to set in. The shit is nasty nasty.

The contact with the water may have just caused the sensitivity of the skin to arise. Which then made you aware of it. Think back if you were around any plants. Many allergies can arise later on in life that we may not have had when younger.

Nothing itches worse than poison ivy.

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

I'm guessing poison ivy. Centipedes are here also and they can be very nasty. Also possible spider bite.

I am super allergic to Poison Ivy and other related plants. It is easy to brush up on it without realizing, or even getting the oils on your clothing and it contacting on other parts of your body. It usually takes a day to set in. The shit is nasty nasty.

The contact with the water may have just caused the sensitivity of the skin to arise. Which then made you aware of it. Think back if you were around any plants. Many allergies can arise later on in life that we may not have had when younger.

Nothing itches worse than poison ivy.

I don't generally brush up to many plants over here so would tend to discount that theory, especially on the inside of the elbow; and if a centipede were to alight on me somehow I am sure I would know; my own guess would be a small spider or ant of some species - perhaps it landed inside my elbow from somewhere,  and then got caught in the elbow as I closed it while drawing back the plunger on the water gun - I wish I had looked at the elbow instead of just casually brushing it with my other hand when I first felt the itch. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

I don't generally brush up to many plants over here so would tend to discount that theory, especially on the inside of the elbow; and if a centipede were to alight on me somehow I am sure I would know; my own guess would be a small spider or ant of some species - perhaps it landed inside my elbow from somewhere,  and then got caught in the elbow as I closed it while drawing back the plunger on the water gun - I wish I had looked at the elbow instead of just casually brushing it with my other hand when I first felt the itch. 

You are probably right. A lot of devilish little critters over here that can pump out some nastiness.

I am thinking about the time @boydestegot nailed by that hornet (or wasp, whatever it was) when he took a sip off a beverage can. Swelled up like a friggen golf ball. I can't remember though if it that was over here or in France.

Antihistamines might help. 

This week my exterminator hit the house again. They do three visits per year. I don't like the chemicals they pump in, but if I didn't do it this place would be invaded. Insects and I don't get along very well. Geekos I don't mind. But they don't have much to eat here. lol