What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just got home from my walk, back on track.Don’t have the “Keto flu” this time around, but noticed my blood pressure was noticeably elevated, which I don’t like seeing. Apparently the kidneys work harder due to losing water weight from lack of carbs or some shite….Not giving up,but I’ll re-evaluate Saturday morning, still happy about how far I’ve come & it’s unhealthy to do anything extreme 

93FE6FE5-D732-4F79-8CCC-B76D575C5D7A.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've just done a few 50m shuttle runs doing the Farmer's Lift exercise - Well, that's what a gym monkey would say..

...But, In reality I've been filling up a few gallon containers of drinking water from the machine up the road...

One sees so many of those machine scattered around town, that i find it very odd that one very rarely sees any bugger doing the routine maintenance on the said machines !!

Unless the filters elements inside are changed at the required intervals and with some machines the UV lamp also changed, then the water dispensed could be little better then direct from your own tap at home....... 

I must add that i have actually witnessed the odd machine being serviced, but it's been a very rare and as such a noticeable event !!!

I hope your lucky Mr. Dangle,,,,,,,,

Edited by SteveBC
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I also thought I’d share something I saw on Facebook, gave me a good laugh. I was a late bloomer with the ladies, but did OK at  19-20 once I started partying off-campus & going where the French girls were…..was like shooting fish in a barrel some nights, even for an inexperienced guy like me! 

So I just thought I’d look up one of my earliest GF, didn’t last long but she broke my heart. Found her FB profile, I’m 46 & she was couple years younger, so say 44 now. Still living in same white trash town as 1997, and get this……Four kids & twice a grandmother already! 

Let’s just say the heartbreak subsided long ago…she didn’t age too well either

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've just done a few 50m shuttle runs doing the Farmer's Lift exercise - Well, that's what a gym monkey would say..

...But, In reality I've been filling up a few gallon containers of drinking water from the machine up the road...

Although there’s no substitute for good old-fashioned hard work, I watch many videos/articles looking for tips to make my weight loss/eventually muscle gains easier. 

Farmer’s walks, I learned few weeks ago, are not only very effective, but because it’s a whole body exercise, they can be performed daily. Not like killing your pecs bench pressing and you feel it for 5 days…..

Good luck with that Derek…..

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

I also thought I’d share something I saw on Facebook, gave me a good laugh. I was a late bloomer with the ladies, but did OK at  19-20 once I started partying off-campus & going where the French girls were…..was like shooting fish in a barrel some nights, even for an inexperienced guy like me! 

So I just thought I’d look up one of my earliest GF, didn’t last long but she broke my heart. Found her FB profile, I’m 46 & she was couple years younger, so say 44 now. Still living in same white trash town as 1997, and get this……Four kids & twice a grandmother already! 

Let’s just say the heartbreak subsided long ago…she didn’t age too well either

A lucky escape was had Golfie........

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

One sees so many of those machine scattered around town, that i find it very odd that one very rarely sees any bugger doing the routine maintenance on the said machines !!

Unless the filters elements inside are changed at the required intervals and with some machines the UV lamp also changed, then the water dispensed could be little better then direct from your own tap at home....... 

I must add that i have actually witnessed the odd machine being serviced, but it's been a very rare and as such a noticeable event !!!

I hope your lucky Mr. Dangle,,,,,,,,

Yes mate, I use it for cooking my ginger for my wine so it simmers for an hour or so...And I use it in my kettle for good old Nescafe Red Cup coffee....

I use cheap charlie Tesco Lotus water for drinking, 29 Baht for 6 Litres ....

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Big spender, stop ruining it for the other retirees please….

Well now, Here's a thing!

I think that 6 litre bottles of water in 7/11 are over 40 Baht, but cost isn't the reason that I don't buy them...Oh No Sir...No Siree!!

The difference is that their handles are fixed, whereas Lotus'sss rotate through 360 Deg. This means that when I swill them with hot water from the kettle to sterilize them for homebrew I can spin, twist and swish all in one easy movement!!!!!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

All showered up after a bit of horizontal dancing, wondering where the night will take me. It's Saturday night and judging how many people were out and about this afternoon, it's going to be a busy one.

May start off in Thermae, then do either Cowboy or Nana. Maybe both.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SteveBC said:

You could well be having a busy night then mate.....

Nah, just had company before I went out, surprisingly got lots more smiles this time,  must be rent due end of the month. 

Many more white guys in tonight too, didn't stay long as got very busy.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I had a flu shot yesterday and am feeling some effects today, on top of the beer I  swilled afterwards; my house sitter is coming over this afternoon and we'll clean the chimney and fire up the woodstove together - it's supposed to turn colder tonight so I'll just keep the stove burning now until he moves in next Friday after dropping me at the airport...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

I had a flu shot yesterday and am feeling some effects today, on top of the beer I  swilled afterwards; my house sitter is coming over this afternoon and we'll clean the chimney and fire up the woodstove together - it's supposed to turn colder tonight so I'll just keep the stove burning now until he moves in next Friday after dropping me at the airport...

Besides the flu shot……what a lucky bugger you are! Must be foaming at the mouth, I know I’ll be when I finally book

Edited by Golfingboy

29 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Besides the flu shot……what a lucky bugger you are! Must be foaming at the mouth, I know I’ll be when I finally book

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to getting out of here after being stuck for three years, save a  couple of weekends in Vancouver; it's a wonderful feeling watching the snowy landscape recede when you finally lift off, knowing that you won't have to deal with it or the cold for three months or more...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to getting out of here after being stuck for three years, save a  couple of weekends in Vancouver; it's a wonderful feeling watching the snowy landscape recede when you finally lift off, knowing that you won't have to deal with it or the cold for three months or more...

How long? Is this the first step in retirement or a Soi6 quickie ???

3 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

How long? Is this the first step in retirement or a Soi6 quickie ???

I've been retired from full-time employment for 12 years! This time I am starting with a 60 day visa which I will extend by 30 days, and then I'll decide from there whether I stay longer or not; my last trip, which ended up running into Covid, was five months. 

• Thumbs Up 2