What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

15 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Just back from a 2 hour walk to check my PO Box (Still no yeast!), pop into Fever (FEVER Brrrrtsh!), then a walk along Bongkot back across Suk ...

Glugged down a bottle of ice cold Sato and now waiting for my Expatfoods delivery....

Get that BMI down, you know apparently we should both be dead because we are over 30……such BS that number. I’m happy to lower mine, but it’s not the be-all,end all of health 

Walking is my saviour…..but you know what? They can’t sell you clothes, powders, personal trainers, or gym memberships, so no $ to be made off you= no publicity for using your own feet

Glad I found out for myself, never been happier

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Get that BMI down, you know apparently we should both be dead because we are over 30……such BS that number. I’m happy to lower mine, but it’s not the be-all,end all of health 

Walking is my saviour…..but you know what? They can’t sell you clothes, powders, personal trainers, or gym memberships, so no $ to be made off you= no publicity for using your own feet

I've always enjoyed walking whether it be as a small boy across the local Dorset heathland or as a soldier tabbing with a backpack, and what you say is absolutely true!!! Nobody advertises Shanks's Pony !!

Here is another bit of advice...If you wank too much when you are young then you have a greater chance of Prostate Cancer ....BUT ......if you wank a lot when you are over 50 then it reduces the chance of Prostate Cancer..... I am 66 years old and still a one-a-day man, everyday.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

If you wank too much when you are young then you have a greater chance of Prostate Cancer ....BUT ......if you wank a lot when you are over 50 then it reduces the chance of Prostate Cancer..... I am 66 years old and still a one-a-day man, everyday.

So, trying to cancel out the excesses of youth?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've always enjoyed walking whether it be as a small boy across the local Dorset heathland or as a soldier tabbing with a backpack, and what you say is absolutely true!!! Nobody advertises Shanks's Pony !!

Here is another bit of advice...If you wank too much when you are young then you have a greater chance of Prostate Cancer ....BUT ......if you wank a lot when you are over 50 then it reduces the chance of Prostate Cancer..... I am 66 years old and still a one-a-day man, everyday.

Now you tell me……I still have 41 months to go! Better get a GF or do that tantric orgasm meditation shite

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

BMI question.

BMI is calculated as - a person's weight in kilograms divided by the square of height in meters - CDC.

In my younger days I was a strapping young lad but recently I had reason to have my height accurately measured and discovered that I had shrunk.

The nurse said a degenerated spine or a degenerate's spine, can't remember which.

So should my BMI be calculated based on what I was or what I am?

I mean, if a person is unfortunate enough to have their legs amputated, are they told to lose 20kg to adjust their BMI.

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, fygjam said:

BMI question.

BMI is calculated as - a person's weight in kilograms divided by the square of height in meters - CDC.

In my younger days I was a strapping young lad but recently I had reason to have my height accurately measured and discovered that I had shrunk.

The nurse said a degenerated spine or a degenerate's spine, can't remember which.

So should my BMI be calculated based on what I was or what I am?

I mean, if a person is unfortunate enough to have their legs amputated, are they told to lose 20kg to adjust their BMI.

That’s a great question sir, got my brain working ……kind of like what came first…

The can, or the can-opener? 

image.jpeg

13 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I'm packing my bags for tomorrow's flight! All of the other myriad details that plague the detached home-owner in a winter climate have been dealt with and I'm ready to escape the weather, which was -29C a couple of days ago and is now -18C with a cold wind. It's been snowing most days for the last ten or so and I am heartily sick of clearing it - it was just enough every time to do the fine work around the house by hand and I finally got the tractor out and cleared the whole yard a few days ago, only to have it snow again a couple of times since. Now it is mid-afternoon and my flight leaves in 24 hrs so I just did my online check-in/seat selection and I can take my time getting the packing together. 

My first flight was a great deal - our home and well-loved Yukon airline, Air North, offers special connector fares if you can prove onward travel, price being $99 CDN (60 GBP) for the 2hr15 flight to Vancouver on Boeing 737.  

Safe travels mate.

• Thumbs Up 2

Walked both ways of the beach again today, real feel 39 degrees, so wringing wet through by the time I got back to the room. Unusually the cleaning staff here turn my aircon down to around 20 degrees so it's a pleasure to walk through the door. BTW, I got 2 key cards, so one is permanently in the power slot and the cleaners leave it be too! 

Was off the booze yesterday and feel good today, but the BP is up, so another chilled night is in order drinking soft drinks. May go play a bit of pool in Ausie bar and watch the footy. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Just back from walking up and down the steep hill to hin lek fai viewpoint,7 times,some nice ladys were also walking so that kept me goin,the lack of sun made it easier,its pretty steep so good training for the mountains when i get back to scotland or switzerland,breaky time.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Another 2 hour walk to the Post Office and back. Still no yeast!

I have to say that my wine helps keep me fit !!!!

I would have thought that many of the young ladies that used to inhabit Beach Road of an evening, dunno if they still do, could give you a good dollop of yeast.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, fygjam said:

I would have thought that many of the young ladies that used to inhabit Beach Road of an evening, dunno if they still do, could give you a good dollop of yeast.

Shhhhhh!

I don't want to make some BMs on here vomit by saying that I scrape the yeast from under my foreskin to make my homebrew...

Chateau Dangleberries is more about Terror than it is about Terroir !!!

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Shhhhhh!

I don't want to make some BMs on here vomit by saying that I scrape the yeast from under my foreskin to make my homebrew...

Chateau Dangleberries is more about Terror than it is about Terroir !!!

"I love the smell of smegma in the morning"

Sat waiting for my company to drive home and back to get her id card, why do they not make sure it is in their bag all of the time, especially when visiting a customer in a hotel?

Good job she lives close by and has her own bike methinks. 

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

Sitting in my BKK hotel room with a head cold - great way to start my trip. I had some minor sniffles and throat tickle on the flights over but didn't think much of it, but it hit me pretty hard yesterday afternoon when I was out and about so I retired to my room early in the evening with some medicine to sleep it off; feeling a lot better now but I still need to get to Pattaya today - I'll do my driver a favour and wear my mask for the trip...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Sitting in my BKK hotel room with a head cold - great way to start my trip. I had some minor sniffles and throat tickle on the flights over but didn't think much of it, but it hit me pretty hard yesterday afternoon when I was out and about so I retired to my room early in the evening with some medicine to sleep it off; feeling a lot better now but I still need to get to Pattaya today - I'll do my driver a favour and wear my mask for the trip...

Rest up. When you do that at the beginning of a cold or the flu it can really make a big difference in the length and severity of whatever it is you have.

Couple months ago I got pretty bad cough, etc. Was a bit worried about it so went to get checked. They did a covid test which was negative. I was relieved, then they gave me an Rx. As I was walking out the nurse said "wait". She did a flu test (basically the same thing as the covid tester, jammed something up my nose). I waited a while and she came back and told me I had the flu. f**k....

She then added another med. I think it is that stuff they give to shorten the severity of flu. I believe it helped a great deal.

So.... the other day I talked with a different doctor. I mentioned that I already had the flu and asked if it is still advisable to get a flu shot after already having it. He explained yes as there are four variants that the shot will cover.     Jesus

23 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Rest up. When you do that at the beginning of a cold or the flu it can really make a big difference in the length and severity of whatever it is you have.

Couple months ago I got pretty bad cough, etc. Was a bit worried about it so went to get checked. They did a covid test which was negative. I was relieved, then they gave me an Rx. As I was walking out the nurse said "wait". She did a flu test (basically the same thing as the covid tester, jammed something up my nose). I waited a while and she came back and told me I had the flu. f**k....

She then added another med. I think it is that stuff they give to shorten the severity of flu. I believe it helped a great deal.

So.... the other day I talked with a different doctor. I mentioned that I already had the flu and asked if it is still advisable to get a flu shot after already having it. He explained yes as there are four variants that the shot will cover.     Jesus

Well, the head cold part is almost gone but the throat lingers - I got so full of phlegm that I've been having difficulty speaking the last couple of days; I've been experimenting with different medicines and bought some cough syrup tonight and I think it's finally easing somewhat - hoping that tomorrow will bring some real improvement. I've been getting around a lot in the daytime, checking out old haunts and doing a little shopping as well but taking it easy at night and getting lots of sleep. I've mostly been dropping into beer bars, the only GC I've been in so far was M Club for a drink this afternoon on the way back from Big C and I kept the girls at a distance, don't want to pass this malady on to them. I must say I like what they have done there, the reno's have really opened up the place.

A gf was supposed to drop by tonight for a little fun but jammed out, I don't really mind as I can  catch up on that later - after waiting three years, what's a couple more days? Oh, and for the record I did purchase a Covid test which turned out negative, thankfully. 

• Like 3

Enjoying trying on my new Skechers boots, while watching Portugal trounce the Swiss.

My feet have really shrank with the weight loss, didn’t want to take a chance with a Size 12 but the 13 is loose. Anyway, happy to have these, very comfortable,waterproof too, need that for the snow & slush

D9C9A43E-4229-4C4F-B8BD-05CBC8525A6C.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2