What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I know I am being an old Fuddy Duddy but this style of Tik Tok dancing just reminds me of my youth when we would dare each other to piss on the electric cow fence..!!

This has got some Fuddy Duddy dancing in it.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just had brunch, sitting in my hotel lobby, it's very quiet with just a few birds singing, feel at ease with the world. Reminds me of sitting lakeside, although it's a fancy swimming pool in front of me.

Prompted me to arrange a days fishing here on the island,  just spoken to the French owner of a little lake and booked myself in for a day on Monday. Be in for some shite if England loose Saturday methinks. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Went to my Dads to pick up his Sanyo microwave, it packed up yesterday... he still had the original paperwork, my parents bought it in 1988 .... 34 years , not too bad 555

My petrol mower is 34 years old too and still going, probably pack up now when I crank it over in the spring. 

Good ol Briggs and Stratton engine in it.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just unrapped my latest Amazon delivery

Butch and I had great fun with the same product in Pattaya gogos, especially when a girl has been sitting next to you and gets up to dance by slipping the turd onto where she has been sitting 😁😁

Always breaks the ice 😀😀

20221207_171434.jpg20221207_171556.jpg

I am sure this baby will get a lot of use in January 😁

• Haha 3

Took my mum for a blood test yesterday & now have to take her to hospital to get her potassium levels corrected.

Doctor rang me this morning & said that she'd ordered an ambulance but it wouldn't be there for hours so I'm taking her.

Mum also rang me at 5.25am to check that I was OK....I was until she woke me up😂.

Oh the fun of having a nearly 93yo mother!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Anyone want to adopt a puppy? He's easy to please, just leave an expensive camera within reach as a chew toy.

image.jpeg

He/she looks like a lab mix. They have a very strong tendency for chewing on things. I know because I've had two of them. They will tear the shit out of anything. I had one that would fucking eat rocks.

Significant exercise is the best remedy for reducing those tendencies. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Took my mum for a blood test yesterday & now have to take her to hospital to get her potassium levels corrected.

Doctor rang me this morning & said that she'd ordered an ambulance but it wouldn't be there for hours so I'm taking her.

Mum also rang me at 5.25am to check that I was OK....I was until she woke me up😂.

Oh the fun of having a nearly 93yo mother!

Looked after my aunt for years. She finally cashed it in when covid got her back in 2021, she was 98.

I think what did her in was more than anything was depression. She just got tired of dealing with all of the bullshit. 

Medically though now it is amazing what they can do to bring body chemistry back into balance. That is, if someone is under proper care on a regular basis. 

I think for many folks who find themselves in a good nursing home or care living arrangement the amount of years they can last can be quite long. For many though... what gets them is their will to stick with the constant needle sticking, medications, diet adjustments, etc. They just reach a point where they say f**k it, and quit eating or taking the meds, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

Looked after my aunt for years. She finally cashed it in when covid got her back in 2021, she was 98.

I think what did her in was more than anything was depression. She just got tired of dealing with all of the bullshit. 

Medically though now it is amazing what they can do to bring body chemistry back into balance. That is, if someone is under proper care on a regular basis. 

I think for many folks who find themselves in a good nursing home or care living arrangement the amount of years they can last can be quite long. For many though... what gets them is their will to stick with the constant needle sticking, medications, diet adjustments, etc. They just reach a point where they say f**k it, and quit eating or taking the meds, etc.

When I got to my mum's she was on the vino & refused to go to the hospital but I persuaded her.

Had to go to her surgery first to pick up a letter & they said the wait for an ambulance would be > 26 hours.

Took her to Ambulatory Care where they said the wait would be 3-6 hours to be seen,they also asked if she could get to the toilet herself as they had no nurses to help her.

& this is before the bastards go on strike.

Don't get sick in the UK!

• Sad 2

Sat on the mother in laws patio having a few beers including one I've not seen before here in Los.... Singha Reserve Special edition at 5.3% ABV. Not bad really. 

It was either that or get dragged kicking and screaming to Don Mueang night Market for new socks and underwear for myself. The wife decided she would do it for me although she'll probably come back home with 3 bags of somtam and some noodles. 

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Yessongs said:

@boydeste Hell Stu, been to that location too. No Hooters girls go "unscathed" when I was on tour.....they all got a look LOL!  I should have taken all of them to "Phromthep Cape" for an outing. Ahhhhh..missed opportunities. 

Agree, The Burgers there are great...

DSCN9998 2.JPG

DSCN0145.JPG

DSCN0147.JPG

DSCN0148.JPG

DSCN0150.JPG

They have exceptional fur burgers, although not typically on the printed menu.

• Haha 2

England playing France for a place in the semi final of the World Cup, great; getting the beers and snacks in for the footie, even better; booking a meal for 9 at Brewers Fayre, Aberdare, for 1830 after forgetting the footie was on, bloody priceless.

No wonder it was easy to make a reservation, what was I thinking.

• Haha 4