What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

I've been keeping in touch with a friend from my hometown who is visiting Thailand and Pattaya for the first time - he's a Brit but has been living in Canada for many years. He spent all of last winter in Mexico and can't stop telling me how much more he enjoys it here, says Pattaya just blows him away. He made the mistake of lining up a gf on one of the Thai dating sites before he came over, against my advice, and has been touring around a little with her on her days off from her restaurant job but has managed to have a little fun on the side as well. He's just doing the massage thing so far - leery of inviting girls to his room and no barfines as yet, indeed I don't think he has been out and about that much at night time. I haven't been helping much in that regard, due to my recent bout of laryngitis and a couple of visiting upcountry gf's tying up my time but now that they have left and my voice has returned I hope to get him out some night. On his second day here I did spend some day time with him, taking him to TQ for our first stop which really blew him away, especially when one of the hottest girls there recognized me immediately after three years and was all over me. After that it was off to Soi 6 for a wander down the street and another epiphany  on his part, after which we parted ways for the day - it's hard to be a tour guide when you can hardly speak. I'll continue his familiarization over the next week or two, off and on, and am interested to see how the online gf thing eventually works out for him - I think he's already regretting it but she has been kind to him so far and not demanding so we'll see....

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

I have been sick for about 5 days and I'm just pulling out of it. I am pretty sure it is Covid and it certainly isn't "The Sniffles"!

Whole body aching, especially the joints. headache, and coughing. The coughing leads to gasping for air which has been quite distressing during the night.

I am so fucking tired now but hopefully will be out walking by the end of the week.

• Sad 9
  • Surprised 1

Wifey is out spending money foolishly at the mall with one of her friends....I am just reminiscing........dam I swear I was like in 7th or 8th grade when this came out!  Dam The Stones are good!   Brian Jones lead Guitar on this still sounds good after all these years...

Pass me the bong LOL! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have been sick for about 5 days and I'm just pulling out of it. I am pretty sure it is Covid and it certainly isn't "The Sniffles"!

Whole body aching, especially the joints. headache, and coughing. The coughing leads to gasping for air which has been quite distressing during the night.

I am so fucking tired now but hopefully will be out walking by the end of the week.

Get well soon mate 🙂

• Thumbs Up 3

Just got in after watching young Smiler play footy in a inter school tournament. They won but only after a tense penalty shoot out. FAF watching the 2 nuns who work at his dual faith school leaping about and screaming in celebration 🤣😇🙏😂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Flu is also going around big. I tested positive for one of the strains a couple months back. Was not pleasant, but nowhere near as bad as the time I had it when I was much younger. That was a miserable experience.

Flu cases are at a ten year high in the U.S. and many hospitals are getting hit hard.

I went ahead and got a flu shot even after having "the flu" earlier in the season. I learned that typical flu shots can be a cocktail of antibodies for a number of strains. The doc said this years shot there a four strains.

I had no negative reaction from the shot. I am glad I got it. 

Now... beginning to look into how to go about getting the next Covid booster. I have been hearing reports that there are new surges with it. And, Dog knows what might be coming with the change in policy in China.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

For those of us Hulk Hogan fans from back in the day, got to give it up to this guy. For a guy 69 years old, you can tell by the way he walks, that his wrestling career has taken a toll on him. 

Always takes time to talk to the fans though....respect to him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

20 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Good luck, get well soon. I had it bad for a week around July 1st, it’s not a pleasant experience. Never lost my sense of smell, but sniffles/mucus…..best way I can describe it is imagine an old blender that keeps running after burning out/short circuit, and mix some thick liquid…..that’s what my nostrils felt like. Sounds strange yes, but COVID is some never before see shite too

I’m feeling better since getting out of hospital Thursday, it seems it really is reflux & I’m adjusting my diet and feeding times accordingly. Last few hours have been great, very little belching or gas. But still have anxiety about pushing my heart, especially hearing about the now 3 journalists who have died in Qatar. Was never an anti-vaxxer, but as I wrote in my GERD thread, happy as all hell my last jab was 15 months ago. Doesn’t make sense to have felt much better 2 years ago and 60 pounds heavier….

Anyway Derek, take it easy, let time pass so you can get over this nasty thing, and continue enjoying life

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

For those of us Hulk Hogan fans from back in the day, got to give it up to this guy. For a guy 69 years old, you can tell by the way he walks, that his wrestling career has taken a toll on him. 

Jake the Snake told Joe Rogan “He’s not 6’8 anymore, more like 6’4”….Just the match with Andre at Wrestlemania 3 did some damage. And he never was actually that strong to pick him up & slam him. Andre pushed off the floor to assist Hulk, and just holding him 0.5 seconds probably affected his spine….that’s some kind of stress

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Used to watch the wrestling back in Hulk's day's.

Still carrying a decent amount of muscle for his age.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was just putting my shoes on to go & meet a mate for some beer & I got a call from the Police saying my mum was wandering around the street & locked out of her house.It was 0 deg C & she's 93 in a couple of weeks.So high tailed it over there & the upshot is that she's now in our spare bedroom.The same one where she pissed the bed & all over the carpet two nights ago.

She's lost the plot completely but refuses to have home help or to go into a home.Soon she'll have to go into a home because she is driving me fucking insane.Then when we got back to our place the missus starts going into me....

Maybe I'll just get a wedge of cash & do one....

• Sad 5
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

I was just putting my shoes on to go & meet a mate for some beer & I got a call from the Police saying my mum was wandering around the street & locked out of her house.It was 0 deg C & she's 93 in a couple of weeks.So high tailed it over there & the upshot is that she's now in our spare bedroom.The same one where she pissed the bed & all over the carpet two nights ago.

She's lost the plot completely but refuses to have home help or to go into a home.Soon she'll have to go into a home because she is driving me fucking insane.Then when we got back to our place the missus starts going into me....

Sorry to hear this…..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Not easy. Believe me I know, although the particulars were a bit different.

Eventually the circumstances of what is happening will take over with the decision making. In other words.... what your mother wants (or doesn't want) will diminish in where things will go from here. Your mother and you will have less options and or say as things progress. Example - her wondering around in freezing weather, the police are called, most likely there is some kind of record on that. Very possibly a referral (often mandated by law) sent to social service agency. They will come and make an assessment. Once they decide that she is unable to be cared for to a certain level and there is a pattern of these incidents then they (social agency) will present options, or in some cases order arrangements.

The sooner you become proactive and look into the options, the more prep time you will have. How you set things up and what the costs might be are broad. Typically with what I have seen when setting things up "what you'd like or what you'd want" takes years to set up. Either that or a boatload of money. 

From the limited knowledge I have regarding your situation I can only share what I have mentioned above. IMO you are not responsible in any way for paying for her care looking ahead. The cost for that care should come from her assets (I'm guessing limited), or liens on any property she may owe. 

It can be complicated. But the sooner you seek counselling on how to handle this the better off you will be. The question of payment always comes down to how long she lives. The longer she is in care the more any estate funds will be diminished. You have no control over it basically at this point. Some people set up trusts etc. but those have to be done years in advance. For average income people, the end of life care costs typically will eat up a high percentage of an estate. There is a great deal of truth to the saying "they end up taking everything you have". But, they cannot come after your assets or income, unless you sign off on something that would be, well, unadvisable. 

I can also say I understand what you are going through. BUT, the sooner she is under care (nursing home) the happier all will be after the adjustment. Don't be too hard on yourself, but don't procrastinate. If things continue to escalate it could become very problematic for you in a number of ways. 

Get help now with the process. Continue to respect her, but be firm in what has to be done. The time has come to that my friend. 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 3