What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

GF had a party at work last night.

She rarely drinks, but a spy and 4 beers later and they pour her onto a motorbike taxi.

She kept asking "why the room keep turning?"

This morning she is suffering.... and I am not being very sympathetic!! Fortunately she has a day off...

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Just woke up at 1345. Got home at 4am after celebrating my win in Penny Black with a few pints of Guinnes. Slept my hang over off fortunately. 

Fancy a fry up again, so it's off to the Sportsman for Brunch before a long walk around Lumphini Park.

Lumphini walk can solve a world of problems. Wonderful place. One of my favorite places in da World.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I went to the dentist on Klang this morning but the time schedule for fixing the tooth is worse than if I wait and go to my "normal" dentist next year.... which is what I will do because I'm not in pain...

So I headed off to PBG for my long awaited Leffe Brown, grilled dory and poached eggs. Bloody perfection...

The Leffe Brown is filled to about an inch above the 33cl mark with a good head on top of that too .... Well worth 130 Baht IMO !!!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I went to the dentist on Klang this morning but the time schedule for fixing the tooth is worse than if I wait and go to my "normal" dentist next year.... which is what I will do because I'm not in pain...

So I headed off to PBG for my long awaited Leffe Brown, grilled dory and poached eggs. Bloody perfection...

The Leffe Brown is filled to about an inch above the 33cl mark with a good head on top of that too .... Well worth 130 Baht IMO !!!

I hope that all works out for you. 

I am a real pussy when it comes to tooth pain. 

Recently I had a cavity filled before it developed into a bigger problem. I was amazed at the ease of the procedure, absolutely pain free with no discomfort. Total cost at my Chiang Mai dentist - $25.

Amazing the advances they have made compared to the time before that I had a cavity filled.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, galenkia said:

Looking at bikes for sale.

Not having a bike is like not having a limb.

I understand, With a bike in my garage I'm not bothered about using it with snow and ice around, just knowing it is there is good. Without it, I would be climbing the walls.

I think you don't have any garage facilities though, rough on the bike and not popular with insurance companies.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm right pissed off now.

My friends have just returned from Surin and brought some rats and stuff with them. They know damned well how much I like them really spicy but I could only manage 2 spoonfuls because of the bones...Although the Khao Lam was sweet just how I like it.

They have also brought back some large green coconuts which they've bunged on ice for tomorrow.... My "secret" is to use a long handled but small soup ladle to scrape out all the flesh at the bottom and at the sides.... Can't bloody wait !!!

7 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'm right pissed off now.

My friends have just returned from Surin and brought some rats and stuff with them. They know damned well how much I like them really spicy but I could only manage 2 spoonfuls because of the bones...Although the Khao Lam was sweet just how I like it.

They have also brought back some large green coconuts which they've bunged on ice for tomorrow.... My "secret" is to use a long handled but small soup ladle to scrape out all the flesh at the bottom and at the sides.... Can't bloody wait !!!

Never had. But, the important thing is you enjoy.

Ahhh... lifes simple pleasures, nothing beats it.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, bob lt said:

I understand, With a bike in my garage I'm not bothered about using it with snow and ice around, just knowing it is there is good. Without it, I would be climbing the walls.

I think you don't have any garage facilities though, rough on the bike and not popular with insurance companies.

I always tell them it's garaged, Carole Nash won't insure me otherwise.

I'm looking at moving in the near future, hopefully somewhere with off street parking.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Did a circuit of Lumphini Park via the green mile again today.

Another night off the booze to proper flush out the kidneys.

Watching a pool tournament instead of playing tonight to rest the body. 

I find myself slipping into the same routine - one night on the piss and one night off, just can't stomach the double-headers anymore; I was so sick one day last week that I  thought I'd die. This is where it's nice to have a decent hotel room to relax, and I can't wait until I move into a condo next week. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

I find myself slipping into the same routine - one night on the piss and one night off, just can't stomach the double-headers anymore; I was so sick one day last week that I  thought I'd die. This is where it's nice to have a decent hotel room to relax, and I can't wait until I move into a condo next week. 

We are getting old mate.

At least that brings a bit of sensibility to proceedings.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

I'm now taking an indefinite break from alcohol as my body is sending a strong message I've been on the piss for too many nights in a row, with very few days off in-between for too long a time. I hadn't been getting blind drunk, but drinking enough to get a good buzz on.

Over time I've noticed the numbness in my footpads that I thought was from running has been getting worse, especially after a couple of nights in a row of drinking. A definite correlation there and it didn't take much of a search to come up with alcoholic neuropathy as the probably diagnosis.

In addition to refraining from drinking I've started taking B1, B6 and B12. Not a bad idea anyway as from researching the numbness it could also be caused by vitamin B12 deficiency. Something that is not uncommon as we get older due to a decrease in the protein that allows our body to convert food sources of B12 into something our body can use.

Vitamin B12 Deficiency Anemia

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I'm now taking an indefinite break from alcohol as my body is sending a strong message I've been on the piss for too many nights in a row, with very few days off in-between for too long a time. I hadn't been getting blind drunk, but drinking enough to get a good buzz on.

Over time I've noticed the numbness in my footpads that I thought was from running has been getting worse, especially after a couple of nights in a row of drinking. A definite correlation there and it didn't take much of a search to come up with alcoholic neuropathy as the probably diagnosis.

In addition to refraining from drinking I've started taking B1, B6 and B12. Not a bad idea anyway as from researching the numbness it could also be caused by vitamin B12 deficiency. Something that is not uncommon as we get older due to a decrease in the protein that allows our body to convert food sources of B12 into something our body can use.

Vitamin B12 Deficiency Anemia

I monitor my BP every day because I have been trying to stay off meds. Heavy drinking for a day, or a few days of moderate drinking raise it up way more than what is acceptable. The risk of a heart attack keeps me in check.

On my next 6 monthly review I am going to discuss options of meds for BP, just to give me a bit more freedom!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1