What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

There must have been 200 people waiting for a taxi, I decided to see how much the touts wanted to grab one from departure drop off zone.

500b all in and away I went.

100 to tout, 400 to taxi.

Bargain. Would of sat there waiting for 2 hours plus methinks. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

There must have been 200 people waiting for a taxi, I decided to see how much the touts wanted to grab one from departure drop off zone.

500b all in and away I went.

100 to tout, 400 to taxi.

Bargain. Would of sat there waiting for 2 hours plus methinks. 

Good info. Always good to have options in mind.

I remember my first arrival in BKK. 1999. I don't even remember if they had a queue system or not back then. I went to one of those taxi stands, took what was almost like a stretch limo... lol.

I didn't know WTF I was doing, didn't care I was so happy. Still didn't cost much, relatively.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not sure whether these girls are tracking me, but just checked into my hotel and got a ping from one of my regulars who has returned from the village. "Can I come welcome you back to Bkk?" Oh all right then!

Duly serviced and just found out a mate is back in Bkk for a night before Pattaya, Hooters for chicken and out for a catch up of his adventures it is then!

• Thumbs Up 4

Laundry day today so just popped to Big C rather than head out for a walk.

Points to note! (As the drill instructor used to say) :-

- Big C has wheeled out the Covid warnings and the hand sanitiser...but no instructions to wear a mask (yet)

- I bought a bottle of Mc Williams Shiraz/Cabernet 14% for 399 Baht (there are a few varietals choose from so check! )  and quite honestly it is just as good as 19 Crimes at 599 Baht

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

That looks like an octopus that has caught a turd and refusing to let go !!

I must confess I have never eaten an octopus with turd, (served as a sauce, or a side?) but I believe this tasted better!!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Slept like a baby last night until midday. Grabbed some grub and went for a 2 mile walk.

Now in a pool comp. Got a bye the first round. Never had a bye before, so maybe an omen!

Two and it's bye bye.

I stayed local again today.. for no other reason than to buy more Mc Williams Shiraz/Cabernet 14% ...but whilst en route I noticed that the "Language School" just opposite Big C Pattaya Tai was jammed packed full.

It has been empty/closed for yonks !!!

Why did I put Language School in inverted commas? .. I went in there years ago to enquire about Thai language lessons but within a minute they made it clear that I'd be better off getting a Retirement Visa ......