What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Watching Andy Murray vs Kokkinakis at the Aussie open,fifth set 4-4and been on court for 5hrs 20 mins.

26 minutes ago, Binlid said:

Watching Andy Murray vs Kokkinakis at the Aussie open,fifth set 4-4and been on court for 5hrs 20 mins.

5 hours 45 mins ... unbelievable stuff 

Hoping Kataleya's school closes tomorrow as there is a yellow warning for ice that might be worse than today. This morning I had difficulty getting my car out of my cul de sac and going up the hill to her school. I never did more than 20 miles an hour and there were a few times when my wheels were turning but we didn't go anywhere. 

If worse tomorrow, walking is the alternative, but if the car won't make it then the feet are likely to have a problem, the sidewalks going up hill are not too friendly.

• Sad 1

I have just been slicing this morning's delivery from expatfoods of 2.9kg of Hellaby NZ Ribeye into inch thick steaks. I reckon each one worked out to be around 100 Baht!!

My intention yesterday was to order a couple of individual steaks but I was worried that they would be too thin.. I also noticed that individual steaks were 499/kg but the whole thing was 399/kg' So I dived straight in and ordered it.

I kept a couple in the fridge but others have gone straight in the freezer. Tonight I will sprinkle them with salt, MSG and Italian herbs ready for cooking tomorrow...

I hope @tkoreads this because I'd love for him to buy the same thing and show me what an expert does with it !!!!

https://expatfoodsthailand.com/shop/frozen-food/meat-poultry/hellaby-new-zealand-rib-eye-1kg/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have just been slicing this morning's delivery from expatfoods of 2.9kg of Hellaby NZ Ribeye into inch thick steaks. I reckon each one worked out to be around 100 Baht!!

My intention yesterday was to order a couple of individual steaks but I was worried that they would be too thin.. I also noticed that individual steaks were 499/kg but the whole thing was 399/kg' So I dived straight in and ordered it.

I kept a couple in the fridge but others have gone straight in the freezer. Tonight I will sprinkle them with salt, MSG and Italian herbs ready for cooking tomorrow...

I hope @tkoreads this because I'd love for him to buy the same thing and show me what an expert does with it !!!!

https://expatfoodsthailand.com/shop/frozen-food/meat-poultry/hellaby-new-zealand-rib-eye-1kg/

For whatever reason that website is flakey when I try to set up an account.  Maybe I'll try a different browser, I normally use Brave.

4 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

They were offline about a week ago for 3 days during an upgrade so perhaps it has improved for you....

I just tried again using firefox, and this time it worked.  Now to see if I can make some room in the freezers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

First coffee of the day at 4.30 pm. 

Just surfaced after a night on the lash.

20230120_163730.jpg

Looks like your hand might be shaking a wee bit. I think 4.30pm is nudging close to time for a steadier

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Since about 5:30 the horns have been tooting on bikes and cars. Then around 6am the firecrackers started banging away. Tables laid out with all forms of succulent food. I have been given loads of bananas and oranges.

Nobody is burning real money though like they did in PRC and Honkers back in the day..

Happy Chinese New Year to you all and may it bring you everything that you wish for !!!

3 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Since about 5:30 the horns have been tooting on bikes and cars. Then around 6am the firecrackers started banging away. Tables laid out with all forms of succulent food. I have been given loads of bananas and oranges.

Nobody is burning real money though like they did in PRC and Honkers back in the day..

Happy Chinese New Year to you all and may it bring you everything that you wish for !!!

A wet rabbit? Just what I've always needed.

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

Been trying to work out how to edit videos all afternoon using imovie. Got fed up and decided to walk 2 miles to the pub. Much more relaxing drinking Guinness. 

For years i have used VLC Media player, it works fine and is quite easy too ( it needs to be for me !! )

Then you can appear to last as long as you wish........