What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just had to change my hotel booking for Sunday’s gig. Sleep Token were meant to be playing Brixton Academy but they had their license suspended last month after a couple of people died in a crush when people tried to force their way into the venue when some rapper was playing.

Been moved to Hammersmith Apollo on the same day. That’s handy as I like the venue better.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Just had to change my hotel booking for Sunday’s gig. Sleep Token were meant to be playing Brixton Academy but they had their license suspended last month after a couple of people died in a crush when people tried to force their way into the venue when some rapper was playing.

Been moved to Hammersmith Apollo on the same day. That’s handy as I like the venue better.

Horrible to hear what happened at Brixton Academy, but can't say I was surprised. Had been going to concerts there since the 90s. Seen some fantatastic ones, New Order playing a set stacked full of Joy Division songs with an a DJ set by Arthur Baker before it was the absolute highlight.

Had also witness various figths, verging on mini riots mainly outside the venue, but also spilling inside. The area is close to impossible to police and the security staff at the venue in my experience were out of control.

Hammersmith, safe as houses by comparison. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Took 2 hours for my case to appear. Missed my 10pm booked train, but managed to get on the 11pm for £20, so not too sad in the end.

Thanks very much for this info.

I'll be taking the same flight in May so will select my destination on National Express according to the number of later options rather than a destination nearer to my son's house with lesser later options... (Does that sentence make sense??)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Horrible to hear what happened at Brixton Academy, but can't say I was surprised. Had been going to concerts there since the 90s. Seen some fantatastic ones, New Order playing a set stacked full of Joy Division songs with an a DJ set by Arthur Baker before it was the absolute highlight.

Had also witness various figths, verging on mini riots mainly outside the venue, but also spilling inside. The area is close to impossible to police and the security staff at the venue in my experience were out of control.

Hammersmith, safe as houses by comparison. 

Brixton Academy to stay closed for three more months. Good story about how security staff took bribes to let people in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64263074

• Like 1

Spent all day catching up with stuff.

Opening and sorting 3 months of mail, spending ages in a queue to talk to Barclays to reset my unoccupied status on my house. Buying travel insurance for my next trip. Doing 3 loads of washing. Updating my Spring travel plans in Europe. Resetting my mouse traps in my shed as all 3 had tripped. 

Oh and did I mention keeping warm, f**k it is cold.

Decided to brave the minus 4 to get some exercise and to have a well earned treat of a drop of the Black stuff. 

Bonus to get a seat next to a radiator!

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Down in London- Thai Airways night flight  tomorrow

Got offered a seat on the Tube🤯 Must have been cause I was carrying luggage....🤔 At best I fear lots of "Hello Papa" coming on😀

It's standard these days for me. 

See you at T2. 

Just finished  packing and put the rubbish out. 

Just ordered my airport taxi for Gate 48

Ben_Gurion_International_Airport_-_Vehicle_to_transport_disabled_people_-_Oct_2021_(3).jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, boydeste said:

Opening and sorting 3 months of mail, spending ages in a queue to talk to Barclays to reset my unoccupied status on my house. Buying travel insurance for my next trip. Doing 3 loads of washing. Updating my Spring travel plans in Europe. Resetting my mouse traps in my shed as all 3 had tripped. 

Decided to brave the minus 4 to get some exercise and to have a well earned treat of a drop of the Black stuff. 

Blimey. You need a holiday after all that lot!

🙂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, boydeste said:

I've got 6 months of useless circulars and associated tatt to cope with when I return. I need to start training for the front door push.
Thankfully no laundry as 24 hours before leaving I take everything bar my travel clothes to a laundry here. Laundered, ironed, smells good, makes packing really easy and my clothes usually arrive unwrinkled..

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, karon steve said:

I've got 6 months of useless circulars and associated tatt to cope with when I return. I need to start training for the front door push.
Thankfully no laundry as 24 hours before leaving I take everything bar my travel clothes to a laundry here. Laundered, ironed, smells good, makes packing really easy and my clothes usually arrive unwrinkled..

I usually do the same with the laundry, but for some reason I lost track of the days and left it a bit tight to take them. So didn't risk it.

5 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I usually do the same with the laundry, but for some reason I lost track of the days and left it a bit tight to take them. So didn't risk it.

I bet you are thankful that suitcase didn't bust open. Could have been a bit awkward picking up your dirty knickers in the middle of the baggage claim area.      55555  !

• Haha 4