What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

"THE SURGERY IS CURRENTLY RECEIVING A HIGH VOLUME OF CALLS YOU WILL BE ROUTED TO THE SURGERY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE" I was number 16 in the queue when I rang at bang on 8am, their opening time. Having an Arthritis flare in my left knee which is giving me terrible pain and sleepless nights.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Binlid said:

"THE SURGERY IS CURRENTLY RECEIVING A HIGH VOLUME OF CALLS YOU WILL BE ROUTED TO THE SURGERY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE" I was number 16 in the queue when I rang at bang on 8am, their opening time. Having an Arthritis flare in my left knee which is giving me terrible pain and sleepless nights.

Not all surgeries are the same, but I can usually get around that problem at my surgery by doing an on-line booking. All the appointments are released at precisely 8am. I log-in a few minutes before, and then refresh the page at 07:59:55.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Bazle said:

Not all surgeries are the same, but I can usually get around that problem at my surgery by doing an on-line booking. All the appointments are released at precisely 8am. I log-in a few minutes before, and then refresh the page at 07:59:55.

I have the surgery app on my mobile but there is no facility for making same day appointments online, only future appointment with specific doctors for which the wait is usually about 2 weeks.

• Sad 2

Just back to the hotel room up in Phuket old Town (don't ask!!!) and recovering from a night out in Patong Beach. 

Went to Carlssons Swedish restaurant first and had a steak dinner which was remarkably good followed by a walk up bangla Rd.... And back down again. Place was heaving. I think I'm done with that kind of setting now. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Binlid said:

I have the surgery app on my mobile but there is no facility for making same day appointments online, only future appointment with specific doctors for which the wait is usually about 2 weeks.

I am pretty lucky in Neath. I phone at 7.59 and keep phoning until the call is accepted although I am usually still around 8-10 in the list. Last time I called (about 3 weeks ago) I was in the queue from 8am, got answered at 8.08 and was called back by a doctor at 0930. I was in the surgery at 9.45 to be seen.

If I leave it till later and get through after 1030 the list for call backs is usually full and you get told to call again the next day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I am pretty lucky in Neath. I phone at 7.59 and keep phoning until the call is accepted although I am usually still around 8-10 in the list. Last time I called (about 3 weeks ago) I was in the queue from 8am, got answered at 8.08 and was called back by a doctor at 0930. I was in the surgery at 9.45 to be seen.

If I leave it till later and get through after 1030 the list for call backs is usually full and you get told to call again the next day.

I eventually got to speak to the receptionist at 8.35, the doctor called at 9.05 when I was taking a dump so I had to call back and apologize and wait for her to call me back 20 mins later. I have to go and pick up a referral for x rays in the morning and give them a ring to make an appointment. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just about to go to Argos.

I was cleaning my kitchen work surface and managed to swipe off my coffee cafetiere which smashed to pieces on the floor. Bollocks !!!!

Had it for years. That said, a new one is only £7 from Argos and I can't do without my morning fix of brewed coffee. I seem to be becoming very clumsy of late . Got a lump on my head from the open boot lid of my car, taking out a bag of groceries yesterday  

Ahh, the trivialities of life aye

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Just about to go to Argos.

I was cleaning my kitchen work surface and managed to swipe off my coffee cafetiere which smashed to pieces on the floor. Bollocks !!!!

Had it for years. That said, a new one is only £7 from Argos and I can't do without my morning fix of brewed coffee. I seem to be becoming very clumsy of late . Got a lump on my head from the open boot lid of my car, taking out a bag of groceries yesterday  

Ahh, the trivialities of life aye

Don't feel bad mate. Most of us here have the same shit happen. 

I hate breaking things I have been using for years. Seems kind of odd but I tend to get attached to certain things, especially if they work well.

As far a knock on my head... hell, I have scars on my head from lifting up and hitting a freezer door, tree limb or something. Many of those head bashes turn into a fucking instant bloody mess. Then the following day or two people looking at you like you just had a drunken brawl.

• Like 1

Was watching 'Good Morning Harry Britain' and decided that the news was not what I needed to be watching so switched over to Channel 4 to tune in to 'Everybody Loves Raymond'. Glad I did as, for me, this is one of the best comedy programs ever to come out of America. Inevitably I always find myself splitting my sides with laughter as some of the situational jokes and one liners are so good, I find myself saying, 'so true' on many occasions. I was glad I tuned in.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/9/2023 at 6:42 PM, Stillearly said:

Just completed my EVisa for Cambodia, it was simple and only took a few minutes ... Thailand could learn a few lessons from their neighbours ...

the cost has gone up , it was $20 last time I visited iirc ...but now $36 

eVisa approved and confirmation  received this morning  👍

Edited by Stillearly
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1