What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

16 hours ago, boydeste said:

I thought all modern freezers were frost free these days.

The chest type freezers in Thailand aren't.  We have one at the country house.  I hated it so when we moved to the coast I unplugged it and now it's an extra table in the garage when we visit.

Only frost free units down here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Getting addicted to watching these things. I need to get out more often... sigh

How'd you like to be a pilot coming in on one of those things ? They must all be praying for a jam. At the same time though.... those guys on the ships must be shitting bricks.

I realize this is an animation, and was going to question why they used tracer rounds on an automatic detect and destroy system. Then found a YT video of the real deal and see they used tracer rounds IRL. Perhaps it was only done for marketing purposes and the ones deployed don't reveal their position by the use of tracers?

47 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I realize this is an animation, and was going to question why they used tracer rounds on an automatic detect and destroy system. Then found a YT video of the real deal and see they used tracer rounds IRL. Perhaps it was only done for marketing purposes and the ones deployed don't reveal their position by the use of tracers?

I have no idea on the true effectiveness of these systems. I took this fact (admitted ignorance) into consideration when I first encountered these types of vids, pretty much dismissed watching them. 

But, over time I seem to be drawn back to watching them, usually just pieces of them. It is often difficult to determine who is shooting what from where at who.

12 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Getting ready to book Transportation and rooms for myself and another Forum member to Siem Reap PP Ho Chi Min and Vung Tau. He has never been to Cambodia or Vietnam and it will be my first trip to Vietnam as well. E Visas have been applied for now looking forward 

Fabulous ! Sounds like the trip of the decade.

I've yet to be to Nam, but I found Siem Reap to be wonderful. Can't wait to get back.

Sure hope to see some pics.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I was talking to my sons last night and they said that they want to take me to a game at Ashton Gate with a proviso that I don't wear my Leeds scarf (As if I would!!!!)!!

Anyways I asked about going to the Pasture as photographed by @AJSP and if I'm a good boy they might take me there !!!

Book early I’d say !

drop me a line if you fancy a quick pint prior to the game 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1