What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

14 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Just a little reminder that I was mightily impressed with the seafood special that you book in advance..

Not so much LHR > BKK (which was still better than the other offerings) but definitely t'other way !!!

I always book the fruit platter now.

That is decent too if ya like fruit.

• Great Info 1

I just tipped the guys who pick up the trash in my hood 200 baht and gave them a couple of cold Changs from my fridge.

The smiles and thumbs up back were worth a million. 

It's like a couple other BM's mentioned buying ice cream for the kids in the hood, or the ladies at the massage shop. Just really makes your day.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

58 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I just tipped the guys who pick up the trash in my hood 200 baht and gave them a couple of cold Changs from my fridge.

The smiles and thumbs up back were worth a million. 

It's like a couple other BM's mentioned buying ice cream for the kids in the hood, or the ladies at the massage shop. Just really makes your day.

I quite often do something similar as you know.

Most common for me is to tip the lady cleaner where the toilets are spotless and you are not paying. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I quite often do something similar as you know.

Most common for me is to tip the lady cleaner where the toilets are spotless and you are not paying. 

My regulars at my main crib on Soi 13 absolutely love me. The love comes from the mutual respect and recognition/communication that has developed. 

It is probably in the top 3 to 5 smart things to do when travelling. Take care of the people who take care of you. When respect is given, it comes back ten fold.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Been out for a light brunch and got pinged by a lady here. Jungle drums working well in Udon. Lol

Now waiting for her to rock up before my final packing!

Good one mate. Drain the sack, and then relax and focus on your next travels.

Cheers !

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Avoid January Songkran Vers 2:0 (It doesn't exist at the moment but it will...it will !!)

What's happening in Jan? It's never crossed my mind to avoid any month in Thailand, make the most of time off from work,,canna be any worse than staying in the freezing UK for a month 😑 but aye different if yer living there all the time.

20 minutes ago, Painter said:

Waiting to see the dentist....

17016783808877415640132429261324.jpg

Good to see you're trying to make the best of it. That kind of attitude will help keep you healthy and sail through the process.

The dental care I have received here over the years has been top notch.

• Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

What's happening in Jan? It's never crossed my mind to avoid any month in Thailand, make the most of time off from work,,canna be any worse than staying in the freezing UK for a month 😑 but aye different if yer living there all the time.

I was rhetorically pontificating the possibility of this bonkers "Soft Power Development Committee" celebrating Songkran in January because, as you say, nothing is officially celebrated here that month.

If my Power was Soft I'd know where to go to get it Developed !!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I was rhetorically pontificating the possibility of this bonkers "Soft Power Development Committee" celebrating Songkran in January because, as you say, nothing is officially celebrated here that month.

If my Power was Soft I'd know where to go to get it Developed !!!!

We used to call that "having a softon".      lol

Sadly occurred more times than I care to admit. Can't believe how much pussy I've passed on when a younger man because the booze had more power.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, boydeste said:

I always book the fruit platter now.

That is decent too if ya like fruit.

Y'know, I was so full of wine, fresh bread rolls, cheese platter and cauliflower cheese in the lounge at LHR I reckon in-flight wine and fruit would do me just right through to BKK but going t'other way the food was so shite in the Lounge in BKK that I needed, and thoroughly enjoyed!, the salmon steaks, king prawn and prawn omelette  etc into LHR ..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Bought this for Jan after the gym. Trying to make her room more homely.

When my sister next up from me was going through the final stages we did the same. Of course she was on "happy drugs" but the look of joy on her face as she looked around her room was like when a child first sees a Christmas tree ..

:default_cray:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

When my sister next up from me was going through the final stages we did the same. Of course she was on "happy drugs" but the look of joy on her face as she looked around her room was like when a child first sees a Christmas tree ..

:default_cray:

yeah, it’s all about not feeling in a hospital environment, but trying to make them feel at home.

8 minutes ago, galenkia said:
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

36 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Y'know, I was so full of wine, fresh bread rolls, cheese platter and cauliflower cheese in the lounge at LHR I reckon in-flight wine and fruit would do me just right through to BKK but going t'other way the food was so shite in the Lounge in BKK that I needed, and thoroughly enjoyed!, the salmon steaks, king prawn and prawn omelette  etc into LHR ..

I don't eat seafood, otherwise would give it a go.

After scoffing in the lounge, the fruit serves me just right.

• Thumbs Up 2