What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

On 12/6/2023 at 8:07 PM, Smiler said:

It’s the big day tomorrow for the lad who is going to don the monk robes. This evening 90 kgs of moo arrived and now there is at least 25 people preparing the porker.

22F68F63-65F1-4610-9717-D2AB8D0BB1D4.jpeg

The guys would appear to be doing the heavy work with the big blades ( and loakow of course).

C62CB06A-8905-4EE4-B267-D2CA9807D496.jpeg

The more delicate butchering is being taken care of by the women.

Certainly a great atmosphere with lots of laughter. Might get a bit messy later on. Events like this are what family and “the village” are all about. It’s not for everyone of course but I feel privileged to be involved.

They sure know how to make the best of every little scrap, and have a damn good time at it. Thai whiskey consumed in large quantities. You have to know though when it is time to best make a casual exit though.

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I am off to Centrun later to buy some port too .... and meet up with my daughter for scoff in Zen !!

I'm hoping there is some Hard Chard in the fridge in TOPS, nice and cold ready to take upstairs too !!

I ducked out at the last minute but thought it would be easy to find a list online of what Port Tops sell then I could send a pic to my daughter to buy for me ..

f***d if I can find such a list!

Anybody out there can post a link ???

10 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just got back from town with this little number for Christmas from M&S. Got to get some decent cheese now.

IMG20231208142833.jpg

Probably my favourite tipple, every Xmas I would treat myself to 2 bottles of vintage port, decant it and on xmas day the family would all sit together to open presents and toast the day. 

The rest would be for me to consume after dinner and into the night.

• Thumbs Up 5

15 hours ago, Zambo said:

Got a house in Banglamung, Pattaya. But only a short trip and Monday will be staying Soi6 Sukhumvit BKK.

Since you are staying on Soi 6. Have a walk through to the Soi 8 area (if you are not yet familiar with it yet). Lots of great places to eat and steps away from Nana station. My go to hood when in BKK.

There is a cut through that connects at the end of six which leads into the Soi 8 area. Right at that walk-through connection area is Lolitas (i've never gone into it cause that just ain't my thing), but if you are tuckered out on your walk could be a good place for a short break.

8 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Probably my favourite tipple, every Xmas I would treat myself to 2 bottles of vintage port, decant it and on xmas day the family would all sit together to open presents and toast the day. 

The rest would be for me to consume after dinner and into the night.

As soon as the turkey neck was cooked I 'd have it on a plate with a tumbler of Port ...!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I ducked out at the last minute but thought it would be easy to find a list online of what Port Tops sell then I could send a pic to my daughter to buy for me ..

f***d if I can find such a list!

Anybody out there can post a link ???

Think you're out of luck for an online list of alcoholic drinks.

image.png

I tell you....I have had a hell of a time getting the LAN internet working to my new condo......

They have a old crusty internet system in this building.....Problem after problem to get my internet hooked up.....Bad cables bad routers bad connections bla bla bla....I think I already wore out my welcome with the building management in the first 3 days I was here... lol......

But bloody hell what can I do....

Its their half ass internet system not mine.....

If I did not stand firm they never would have fixed it......

They did say BBB should be installing fiber optic in this building next year.....I not holding my breath but maybe...

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Think you're out of luck for an online list of alcoholic drinks.

image.png

I know .. but I'm not buying online .. I want to know what they sell in the shops ...... Y'know good old fashioned select a bottle from a shelf, carry it to the checkout and hand over money, type transaction..

https://shop.villamarket.com/catalog/Beer Wine & Spirits/All/All

Forty Forty FortyFied ....

https://shop.villamarket.com/catalog/Beer Wine & Spirits/Fortified Wine/All

FORTYFIED!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries

20 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I know .. but I'm not buying online .. I want to know what they sell in the shops ...... Y'know good old fashioned select a bottle from a shelf, carry it to the checkout and hand over money, type transaction..

https://shop.villamarket.com/catalog/Beer Wine & Spirits/All/All

Forty Forty FortyFied ....

https://shop.villamarket.com/catalog/Beer Wine & Spirits/Fortified Wine/All

FORTYFIED!

I believe it's a case of if they're not going to sell online, they're not going to the time and expense of listing what's available in the stores.

Interesting you can order online from Viall Market, but not Tops.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

No mate, on the home page it says "Store Only" .. which is what I expected from Tops ..

I see that now when I clicked on one of the alcoholic items. Silly law you can't order online.

I checked the item list from the distributor we order hash beer from and unfortunately I didn't see a port listed. If they had it, a call to them would get it delivered, just as I do for the hash beer.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I see that now when I clicked on one of the alcoholic items. Silly law you can't order online.

I checked the item list from the distributor we order hash beer from and unfortunately I didn't see a port listed. If they had it, a call to them would get it delivered, just as I do for the hash beer.

^^^ funny you just mentioned this. As I was trying to figure out where to put my thoughts on something I was just thinking.

Regarding typical anti drinking/drugs whatever ads. peoples thoughts, or shrink theories.....

They will always try to stick in the - "oh, they're turning to alcohol for some escape, or it was forced upon them (now they are hooked), or everyone else was doing it..... blah blah blah".

They never add to mention..... "Yeah, and because when they discovered that everyone else was doing it, they discovered why. Because it is so fcuking good.

14 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

They never add to mention..... "Yeah, and because when they discovered that everyone else was doing it, they discovered why. Because it is so fcuking good.

... "So let's put a higher rate of tax on it "..

Imagine if they taxed rice at the same rate .. or carrots, potatoes... or anything that CP Group sells !!!

37 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

... "So let's put a higher rate of tax on it "..

Imagine if they taxed rice at the same rate .. or carrots, potatoes... or anything that CP Group sells !!!

Because.... lol    they know people will pay it.    :default_drink:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I am off to Centrun later to buy some port too .... and meet up with my daughter for scoff in Zen !!

I'm hoping there is some Hard Chard in the fridge in TOPS, nice and cold ready to take upstairs too !!

I hope you get a good selection. Here in the UK, we are spoilt for choice with cheeses and wines for Christmas. There are also some bloody good deals on cost as well.

I loved my food in Thailand but Christmas time was rather expensive.

Even cooked a capon (from Makro) instead of a turkey to save money.

• Great Info 1

22 minutes ago, galenkia said:

This is what I bought.

IMG_0706.jpeg

Thanks for posting, that looks perfect for me.

The wife and little one also love the Wensleydale and cranberries. They got a love for that cheese after visiting the Wensleydale cheese factory in Hawes in Yorkshire.

If ever in the vicinity of Hawes and hungry, make a detour to the shop at the factory as they have all their cheese selections on show and you can nibble free of charge as you go around. They must have at least 30 types of cheese which is added to around the Christmas period. You will not be hungry afterwards.

• Like 4