What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

11 hours ago, coxyhog said:

After talking to the dentist I decided to have it out.It's a wisdom tooth & root canal treatment would be just under £2k.

Then the problem started,because it's infected the anaesthetic didn't work so I need a course of antibiotics to get rid of the infection & because of my allergy to certain antibios the dentist wants my GP to prescribe them.

Now awaiting a call from a GP.

She did remove the filling & cleaned up inside the tooth then put a temp one in.

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear that you have problems and suffering pain.

I was shocked to see 2k quid (88,000)baht! The total of my "planned" dental work was 37.000 Baht which included 2 wisdom teeth extraction, I x RCS , a filling and some other stuff that is on the list which I'm too lazy to dig it out ..

My sons said it was cheap not expensive here in comparison but to see a figure on it brought it home to me how effing lucky I am ...

I wish you the best of luck mate !!

• Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, richy65 said:

Just got out of bed at 1-30pm with a raging hangover. 2 bar girls from Bunny on Soi 4 had to help me walk back to the hotel!  I’m off out for a walk round Benjakitti Park soon 

I'm guessing this isn't your first trip over here. But, those next day walks in Benjakitti or Lumpini can be life savers.

My first stay in BKK was in '99. I stayed at the Royal Benja Hotel on Soi 5 (beofre it went full Allah). Went out got shitfaced beyond belief, picked up the first girl I saw, then headed back to the Royal Benja. The room was palacial, for less than $50/night (during the currency crash), included morning breakfast buffet.

The next morning I had the worst hangover I've ever had. I thought I would go down to the buffet anyway and see if there was something I could find that I might be able to "hold down".

When walking through the buffet (it was wonderful) I encountered these Thai soups steaming away in these huge silver serving pots. To that date I had never tried such things.

I filled up a bowl of Tom Kha Gai (I had never heard of it before, or tasted it). My first sip of that caused me to have a full body orgasim. It was like being transported to another planet. 

That was what is called falling in love at first sight (taste). It wasn't the day I arrived, the night of drunkenss, the getting laid after many months, it was the moment I took that sip of soup that did me in.

Things have never been the same since. I decided I would get married, married to Thailand.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, richy65 said:

It’s my 8th trip and I fell in love with Thailand straight away. I’m just back from Benjakkiti after a foot massage on the way back, I’ve always loved walking there and Lumphini park 

Amount of times I've been in bkk but never visited either if these 2 parks,well always pre occupied with other shannanigin s ,but which park is best for say a nice stroll and maybe some lizard spotting or lady's exercising wearing tight pants ? 

3 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Amount of times I've been in bkk but never visited either if these 2 parks,well always pre occupied with other shannanigin s ,but which park is best for say a nice stroll and maybe some lizard spotting or lady's exercising wearing tight pants ? 

The lizards you will see at Lumpini. But but both parks are fabulous. 

You can catch the BTS and transfer over to the MRT at Asok. That in itself is an experience to enjoy.

Once you start doing it, you will understand how friggen great it is.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

They’re both superb but Lumphini has the most lizards. You can walk between the 2 via the green mile path which you can pick up at the bottom of Soi 10 by the canal bridge. Lots of people running and exercising early in the mornings 

• Great Info 2

5 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just got back from town with this little number for Christmas from M&S. Got to get some decent cheese now.

IMG20231208142833.jpg

I bought a cheese selection box from M&S yesterday for Christmas, though will be having it with crackers instead of port.

😀

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just got back from town with this little number for Christmas from M&S. Got to get some decent cheese now.

IMG20231208142833.jpg

I am off to Centrun later to buy some port too .... and meet up with my daughter for scoff in Zen !!

I'm hoping there is some Hard Chard in the fridge in TOPS, nice and cold ready to take upstairs too !!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I am off to Centrun later to buy some port too .... and meet up with my daughter for scoff in Zen !!

I'm hoping there is some Hard Chard in the fridge in TOPS, nice and cold ready to take upstairs too !!

I would eat in Zen in Central Festival on a regular basis in Pattaya.

• Thumbs Up 2

Starting to get ready to go to work for the next three nights - I'm on for Friday, Saturday, and  Sunday for the first three weekends of this month, and then four nights through the Xmas weekend with my last shift being on Boxing Day and that will be it for this year and I'll be on the plane a couple of weeks later. I don't mind working through the weekends, I drive around all night and get a kick out of watching all of the seasonal police action and knowing I have nothing to worry about; ditto for the Xmas weekend itself, it doesn't mean much to me - let the married guys enjoy the day with their families, I'm happy to fill in for them. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

49 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Starting to get ready to go to work for the next three nights - I'm on for Friday, Saturday, and  Sunday for the first three weekends of this month, and then four nights through the Xmas weekend with my last shift being on Boxing Day and that will be it for this year and I'll be on the plane a couple of weeks later. I don't mind working through the weekends, I drive around all night and get a kick out of watching all of the seasonal police action and knowing I have nothing to worry about; ditto for the Xmas weekend itself, it doesn't mean much to me - let the married guys enjoy the day with their families, I'm happy to fill in for them. 

Not sure how long you are going to be around. But during smoke season I plan to be down to HH for hopefully a few weeks, beginning in late Feb. If you get a chance try to make your way down there for some good R&R.

There might be another bloke or two in here down there during that time as well.

• Thumbs Up 1