What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

22 hours ago, fforest said:

I tell you....I have had a hell of a time getting the LAN internet working to my new condo......

They have a old crusty internet system in this building.....Problem after problem to get my internet hooked up.....Bad cables bad routers bad connections bla bla bla....I think I already wore out my welcome with the building management in the first 3 days I was here... lol......

But bloody hell what can I do....

Its their half ass internet system not mine.....

If I did not stand firm they never would have fixed it......

They did say BBB should be installing fiber optic in this building next year.....I not holding my breath but maybe...

Before I moved over here I was using some kind of wifi device through Tmobile. You plug it in to the power, turn the thing on. The device picks up a signal and then you have your wifi, no wire connect. I can't remember what I paid for it, but it was worth it. 

I would think that there are those sorts of independant wifi devices that you can use during the time waiting for the upgrade. I think you may consider that, because like you say.....don't hold your breath.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Yup, definitely a good vibe down on the beach.

20231208_144646.jpg

20231208_144634.jpg

20231208_144630.jpg

I plan on spending a lot of time at that little spot in HH, listening to the waves. 

I may have to rent a chair or something, but that view, the sound and smell of the sea can be great. And that place offers any of the little comforts I may need during a chill session. 

I am a pussy when it comes to things like that. But, same same can often be good good.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Zambo said:

Recovering from a minor heart attack. I went for a drink at Kull Sportsbar last night as i had to check out the timings at Planet Football. Halfway home i noticed that my phone was missing so i went back to the bar. They really searched, tried to call (i didn't remember the number) i couldn't have asked for more help. Finally everyone stopped crawling around the floor looking and the boss said to return at 1pm the next day to give her time to check the CCTV.

When i got back home i rang the number and found my phone. I went back to Kull bar, apologised and they even bought me a beer.

Nice people

Was it jammed in a couch cushion or something ?

Nice of them to buy you a brew. 

Basically most people are good and will help others when they can. People also tend to understand when others make mistakes (in general). Some days it is difficult to remember this because we crossed paths with some cluesless, or selfish person. So, we tend to focus on that negative event which disorts a basic character of most people... Which is the nature to help others and show understanding/respect.

Sometimes it can feel like no one is willing to help. But, more times than not it is because the person in need does not reach out, or does so in a disrespectul or overly harsh tone.

I have recognized within myself there are times I may be perceived as overly direct in some circumstances. Worked on toning things down with that a bit. But, I also accept there are going to be times when I can be abrupt. Usually when I respond that way it is justified, but not always proper. 

Sorry to ramble....

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I met my daughter in Villa Market at 11am where I bought two bottles of Sandeman Port..1 x Tawny and 1 x Ruby plus a few bottles of the usual ... Both bottles of port are now half full !!

We then went up to Robin Hood for a couple pints of Guinness and fish and chips. Pretty normal stuff until we shared the brownie and ice cream which was exemplary !! Best I have eaten.

The place was chocker with a happy atmosphere among all the tables . Max is a great host and leads by example. My daughter was pleased as Punch that he called her madam which just shows how Max is a Gentleman. It was great that the younger servers spoke to her in fluent English whilst others realised and spoke to her in Thai. She was very happy !!

I loved the place and I reckon Max has broken the curse that haunts the location ...!!

I do have pics but the format that my daughter sent them to me in doesn't let me post them... Don't fret, I've got port to drink !!!

Hard to go wrong when eating at the Hood.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, richy65 said:

Yes, some great musicians. I’ve been going since they were at the original Check Inn 99

Can't recall jazz at checkin 99. There was a Filipino band back in the 90s. I used to go for a steak, some music and later wander out onto Sukhumvit road, turning left or right depending on the mood for a few (more) drinks. Here's an interesting read.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/features/check-out-time-say-goodbye-historic-bangkok-expat-spot-checkinn-99/

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Can't recall jazz at checkin 99. There was a Filipino band back in the 90s. I used to go for a steak, some music and later wander out onto Sukhumvit road, turning left or right depending on the mood for a few (more) drinks. Here's an interesting read.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/features/check-out-time-say-goodbye-historic-bangkok-expat-spot-checkinn-99/

Thanks for that info. I first went there in 2014, the jazz jam was Sunday afternoons and I went to see the Filipino band once. I heard about Mama Noi who was the mamassan a long time ago. Mick Jagger has been there too.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I plan on spending a lot of time at that little spot in HH, listening to the waves. 

I may have to rent a chair or something, but that view, the sound and smell of the sea can be great. And that place offers any of the little comforts I may need during a chill session. 

I am a pussy when it comes to things like that. But, same same can often be good good.

I used to wake up to the sounds of the waves gently breaking onto the seashore in Hua Hin every morning for years. 
🏆👍

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, richy65 said:

Thanks for that info. I first went there in 2014, the jazz jam was Sunday afternoons and I went to see the Filipino band once. I heard about Mama Noi who was the mamassan a long time ago. Mick Jagger has been there too.

I remember Stickman doing a piece on Mama Noi some years ago. Article link below.

For all the negatives thrown Stickman's way, some deservedly so, he did a good job of capturing the history of the Bangkok nightlife. This interview of Mama Noi is one.

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly-column/2012/05/mama-noi/

Mama-Noi4.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
added picture
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Arrived in BKK but cannot check-in until 10.00am - which is pretty good. Took a walk down Sukhumvit Soi 4 and having a coffee in the Tavern, was Scott Lawsons bar a few years ago. Quite a few in already watching the game, unfortunatley it's one of those US sports that i can't quite follow. 

Some more customers just walked in, it'll be standing room only soon 

• Thumbs Up 3

18 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Arrived in BKK but cannot check-in until 10.00am - which is pretty good. Took a walk down Sukhumvit Soi 4 and having a coffee in the Tavern, was Scott Lawsons bar a few years ago. Quite a few in already watching the game, unfortunatley it's one of those US sports that i can't quite follow. 

Some more customers just walked in, it'll be standing room only soon 

The sub-soi at the north  end of the Tavern, down where the Big Mango bar once was, still has the Scott Street sign pinned to a wall.

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

This place never disappoints.....well done Stu. Ball park figure for talent and asking price? I will NOT be partaking but....am always curious. 

First night out on Bangla and was with company. I mainly see old friends away from the bar scene, but will endeavour to take one for the team another night.

20231210_220309.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, Yessongs said:

This place never disappoints.....well done Stu. Ball park figure for talent and asking price? I will NOT be partaking but....am always curious. 

DSCN0017.JPG

DSCN0020.JPG

DSCN0022.jpg

DSCN0045.JPG

DSCN0047.JPG

DSCN0050.JPG

DSCN0432.JPG

DSCN0433.JPG

DSCN0443.JPG

DSCN0461.JPG

DSCN0462.JPG

DSCN0463.JPG

DSCN0464.JPG

DSCN0368.JPG

DSCN0375.JPG

DSCN0544.JPG

DSCN0556.JPG

DSCN0568.JPG

Some more great classics from the Yes man.

You must get a boner everytime you pull up those files.

How do you keep them away from wifey's eyes ? You must have a secret hiding space that is stronger than Fort Knox !     lol

• Haha 1

Just fininshed my morning tea (3 cups today, all lovely). Working up some energy for the morning dump and hot bath. Then heading to the gym.

I need to get moving, because I like to get to the little shop next to the gym to add some fresh stock to my completely diminished Chang supply.

• Thumbs Up 2