Where I will not be March 11th ......The Beach....

fforest

Getting this powder in your mouth, ears, eyes, hair, all over your clothes......Yuck....A hard pass on this one.....No Thanks.....

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/indian-community-invites-you-to-celebrate-holi-the-festival-of-colours-on-pattaya-beach-425974

Holi The Festival of Colours on March 11, 2023 at the Central Pattaya-Beach Road intersection from 12 p.m. until 7 p.m.

Holi, The Festival of Colors on Behance

Holi Festival Of Colours – Berlin.de

Edited by fforest
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 2

On 3/7/2023 at 3:47 AM, Bazle said:

That's all we need - an Indian version of Songkran! 😣

Holi is about 10 times worse than Songkran because the colored powder really irritates your lungs.  It hangs in the air so you can't help but breathe it in.  I have never been to Holi in India, but I did go one year to a big Holi celebration in New York City.  I left after about two minutes it was so bad.

Just like Songkran, the modern Holi celebrations go way beyond the traditional form.  Kids around 10 to 12 were using plastic cups to throw powder directly into people's faces at close range.  Really stupid, as older people with respiratory problems could be put in real danger.

Evil

• Like 2
  • Great Info 2

5 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Holi is about 10 times worse than Songkran because the colored powder really irritates your lungs.  It hangs in the air so you can't help but breathe it in.  I have never been to Holi in India, but I did go one year to a big Holi celebration in New York City.  I left after about two minutes it was so bad.

Just like Songkran, the modern Holi celebrations go way beyond the traditional form.  Kids around 10 to 12 were using plastic cups to throw powder directly into people's faces at close range.  Really stupid, as older people with respiratory problems could be put in real danger.

Evil

I predict the beach will be absolutely packed with idiots throwing powder at each other.......

This will give the Songkran morons the idea that throwing powder is so much fun that they should add it to the water throwing during Songkran...

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, fforest said:

I predict the beach will be absolutely packed with idiots throwing powder at each other.......

This will give the Songkran morons the idea that throwing powder is so much fun that they should add it to the water throwing during Songkran...

They have been using talc during Songkran since my first one in 1995 ... horrible stuff but nothing new , 

• Great Info 1

23 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

They have been using talc during Songkran since my first one in 1995 ... horrible stuff but nothing new , 

Yes, I know.....But colored powder would be a new level of nastiness.....