PLE PARE TO FLY in Thailand its getting hot

tommy dee

6 hours ago, nadia said:

my wife comes from there near sai ngam 

I would say the area produces a good stock of wife material. :default_cheers: While not married I've been with my lady 11 years. Her home is the orange marker on the map, north of Kamphaeng Phet and south of Tak.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Smiler said:

And it’s been up around 40 almost every day for the last 15/16 days. Even nudged 42 once or twice.😅🫠 Certainly the hottest weather I have experienced up here.

Some say the best way to cope is to stay out of the A/C during the day and just sit under a fan, which is exactly what I am doing right now. There comes a tipping or should it be melting point though and it’s not too far away for me…..

Off to Udon later for a bit of shopping and it’s after 30 mins in the car a/c when you get out, it really is like opening the door of an oven.

Given the choice between how the weather here feels now and the bone aching cold, grey wet days I suffered in UK  earlier this year - I’ll settle for t-shirt, shorts and ice in my Chang 😎😎

Blood and body core temperature sit around 37 so anything over that is going to be dangerous over a long period of time.

A fan will. keep you cool to a certain extent, but you can also run aircon quite hot and still feel cool. Not sure what the max they go up to, maybe high 20's perhaps.

Be careful out there!

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Blood and body core temperature sit around 37 so anything over that is going to be dangerous over a long period of time.

A fan will. keep you cool to a certain extent, but you can also run aircon quite hot and still feel cool. Not sure what the max they go up to, maybe high 20's perhaps.

Be careful out there!

That's what I do, run the A/C at the max temp, 30C for my unit, mainly to lower the humidity. I also have a floor fan that helps keep me cool, but not chilled.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Be careful out there!

Yeah we keep the air on 26 all year round apart from when it’s not needed in December/January. We have 4 units in total (2 in the cabin and 2 in the main house) are all less than a couple of years old. It’s rare they are all on at the same time but over Songkran when we had guests they certainly were. I’ve been quite pleasantly surprised how economical the new(ish) units are to run but I guess the real test will be this month’s bill which will be around the 25th. Can’t wait….

• Thumbs Up 1

Wifey has finally told me, after 51 years in Thailand, minus 3/12 years when we were in USA,  this is the hottest it has ever been for a summer. 38C yesterday here, and supposedly 39 today. Anyone of you want to dispute this? Can you remember any summer and what year here it seemed hotter for you personally?  Last week in Pattaya, even wifey said how warm the water is there. 

When driving around town etc, I see these people cooking food on the streets, the city maintenance workers doing projects during the day,  and people having to just plain walk in this oppressive humidity where ever it is they are going. 

It is these times when I feel really lucky NOT to have to do any of these things you know? Respect to the people who have to endure this............seriously. And....alot of these people are not spring chickens by any means, as in, even older then me LOL! 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Wifey has finally told me, after 51 years in Thailand, minus 3/12 years when we were in USA,  this is the hottest it has ever been for a summer. 38C yesterday here, and supposedly 39 today. Anyone of you want to dispute this? Can you remember any summer and what year here it seemed hotter for you personally?  Last week in Pattaya, even wifey said how warm the water is there. 

When driving around town etc, I see these people cooking food on the streets, the city maintenance workers doing projects during the day,  and people having to just plain walk in this oppressive humidity where ever it is they are going. 

It is these times when I feel really lucky NOT to have to do any of these things you know? Respect to the people who have to endure this............seriously. And....alot of these people are not spring chickens by any means, as in, even older then me LOL! 

Don't know about 51 years, but according to this chart Bangkok is seeing the highest temps in the last 14 years.
image.png

https://www.worldweatheronline.com/bangkok-weather-history/krung-thep/th.aspx

Same isn't true for Pattaya though. Could be the Bangkok high temps are due to urban heat island effect.

image.png

https://www.worldweatheronline.com/pattaya-weather-history/chon-buri/th.aspx

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Smiler said:

….. I guess the real test will be this month’s bill which will be around the 25th. Can’t wait….

And I didn’t have to wait very long.

Got the leccy bill today and it was around 3 times as much as  last month. 3k baht.

Not so bad considering young smiler is home from school, my girl was back from uni for 2 weeks, I’ve been here for 3 weeks, guests at Songkran and of course as has been mentioned, it’s fucking hot 🫠

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Krapow said:

When we got home on Sunday night, first thing my missus did was run round the place making sure all windows were closed,  cranked up the heating to f**k :default_biggrin:

I did the exact same thing. lol

Been doing it every day since too!