What do you think are Pattaya's Biggest "white elephants"...

Butch

What seems to be a massive waste of time and money for investors...

A couple spring to mind, The Bay, massive, empty almost eerie place with the exception of a very nice Starbucks and maybe a couple more...

Screenshot 2023-09-08 202021.jpg

Also, previously mentioned, the Xzyte complex, doesn't seem to have taken off as expected...

Screenshot 2023-09-08 202217.jpg

Feel free to add your own...

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Can't think of anything bigger than the Waterfront as Pattaya's biggest white elephant.

mlJNqROYrU2P90NEUmbI.webp

Christ even Google is in denial…..someone who doesn’t live there and know any better, the first 2 search results show this…..bloody misleading 

Any article or property website or whatever should immediately say “unfinished” or similar, not word it like it is a going concern with sales/rentals in abundant supply

image.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Surprised 2

26 minutes ago, biggles said:

The Waterfront might have been a great success, rather than a white elephant. We may never know thanks to It's illegal construction. 

Not maybe a success....

It was about 80% sold out....It would have been a huge success....

The building is quite nice....

• Great Info 1

Oh no, my faith in humanity has been destroyed yet again. If you cannot trust a Thai mayor to be free of corruption….who CAN you trust? 

Was this not the same chap who kept promising on FB to “look into the alleged jet ski problem” , that our dearly departed BM took great footage of? 

image.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bazle said:

It's not the biggest white elephant, but it must be up there not far down - The Avenue shopping mall.

An interesting choice. It has a couple of good anchors - a supermarket and cineplex. Some decent F&B, a bank and the Thai passport office (if it's still there) I don't really understand why all the empty parts aren't attractive to rent.

• Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Zambo said:

An interesting choice. It has a couple of good anchors - a supermarket and cineplex. Some decent F&B, a bank and the Thai passport office (if it's still there) I don't really understand why all the empty parts aren't attractive to rent.

I guess you haven't been there for a while! 

The supermarket (Villa Market) usually has more cashiers than customers, so I doubt it will survive much longer. 

There are no banks remaining there. 

The passport office relocated to Central Festival several months ago. 

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Bazle said:

The supermarket (Villa Market) usually has more cashiers than customers, so I doubt it will survive much longer. 

Yes 10 months. Sounds a bit disasterous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

It used to be a busy area when the California Gym was open but that then went tits up c/o dodgy characters running the show. I lost some money on a yearly subscription. Always liked the Starbucks there though.

• Thumbs Up 1