It’s a small world…….

Smiler

18 minutes ago, Smiler said:

I am at Swampy waiting for my flight to Udon. After domestic check in I nipped outside for a ciggie and met a guy who I last saw almost exactly 2 years ago  in exactly the same place.

We did the covid quarantine thing together. Good to see him and catch up. We both were wondering what are the chances etc etc. 

That's pretty amazing really.

A lot of curveballs in life. Also a lot of changeups, sliders, splitters, and cutters. 

Even the best hitters don't get on base most times. Then every once in a while a guy will hit one out of the park.

Nice story Smiler. It's the kind of thing that happens every now and then that can really make a day.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, forqalso said:

Right before COVID, I ate at Bronx Pizza when it was near Kiss on Second Road and went back to to my room on Soi Lengkee. I get there and look at Facebook. One of my old Marine Corps buddy posted that he was in Thailand getting ready to eat. I messaged him and found out he was in Bronx Pizza, so I headed back to meet him there. I get there and see him in the same seat where I had just ate. The last time I saw him was 1985. Over thirty years later and we were basically back to back customers. If not for Facebook, we would have never known.

‘This photo is from later that night, I think in Pandora’s in LKM. My buddy is the Marine wearing glasses.

IMG_2576.jpeg

That's a home run.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Agree

There's a post that deserves the BM being bumped up to V.I.P

@tommy dee what happened to the thread were we could suggest people be bumped up, or was there a thread🤔

Pinned to the top of the VIP section.  just added my recommendation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, forqalso said:

Right before COVID, I ate at Bronx Pizza when it was near Kiss on Second Road and went back to to my room on Soi Lengkee. I get there and look at Facebook. One of my old Marine Corps buddy posted that he was in Thailand getting ready to eat. I messaged him and found out he was in Bronx Pizza, so I headed back to meet him there. I get there and see him in the same seat where I had just ate. The last time I saw him was 1985. Over thirty years later and we were basically back to back customers. If not for Facebook, we would have never known.

‘This photo is from later that night, I think in Pandora’s in LKM. My buddy is the Marine wearing glasses.

IMG_2576.jpeg

The only thing to have bettered that would have been if you had still been sitting there when he walked in.

Priceless. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, forqalso said:

IMG_2576.jpeg

Looks sorta like Rockhouse.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's one, my best mate at school was Mexican, he left school in 1982 to go home. In 1986 My dad took us for a family holiday to Disney in Florida, I went to the nacho stall, the guy in front of me was Roberto, my mate from school!.

We had a great reunion, his sister was super hot as well, and liked me. Kind of put me on to latina babes. On reflection, that would have been a good marriage choice as my mate became a sports presenter on Mexican TV and his sister was manager of the family plantation. Damn my infernal poor decision making.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 11/17/2023 at 6:18 AM, Butch said:

Here's one, my best mate at school was Mexican, he left school in 1982 to go home. In 1986 My dad took us for a family holiday to Disney in Florida, I went to the nacho stall, the guy in front of me was Roberto, my mate from school!.

We had a great reunion, his sister was super hot as well, and liked me. Kind of put me on to latina babes. On reflection, that would have been a good marriage choice as my mate became a sports presenter on Mexican TV and his sister was manager of the family plantation. Damn my infernal poor decision making.

Can't beat the hottness of a latina, none can compare IMO. I'm still planning a trip to Medellin when the funds are right. Still haven't ruled out the possibility of moving there (at least for part of the year).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Can't beat the hottness of a latina, none can compare IMO. I'm still planning a trip to Medellin when the funds are right. Still haven't ruled out the possibility of moving there (at least for part of the year).

That makes 2 of us......should have gone in 2020 when I was still 100%

3 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

you been educating yourself already? That Roberto guy-he's in Pattaya ATM- is hilarious

Don't know any Robertos currently. But used to Have a very good friend who lived in Rio. That fellow was a host like no other. Broke me in on Rio damn proper. I'll never be the same after those trips.

I remember driving into different neighborhoods with him. Snipers on various building tops clearly visable. I almost shit my pants. "Roberto, WTF are you doing ?"

He would laugh and tell me not to worry, drive up to an informal check point. When they saw him they would almost bow with respect. It is something I will never forget.

Now....  I won't go near that country. The place is finished IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1