Do you prefer or Gentlemens clubs or Soi 6 / pothole for afternoon distractions?. (or all 3)

Butch

I must admit, I tend to prefer the relaxed, pool playing relative financially less damaging environment of a decent A/C or open air Beer bar to a specific GC.

On my last trip, the quality of the girls on Soi 6 in the afternoon in more than one of the NWG bars was arguably better than that of 2 of the GC's that I visited.

So, let me give you a cross section of what I found.

Toy box Soi 6 had music, fun, good drinks at a reasonable price and more than enough company. In fact it was a really enjoyable experience and I did a topic on it:

GC:

Jade house is a bit out of the way on the road to Jomtien, just off on a left hand side street, not a million miles up from the Residence Garden Resort. Arguably not the finest selection of girls, and one was actually slightly aggressive when I refused her a drink, but this isn't a report about that, it is that I found the GC to be much less crowded, more relaxed and generally playing better music and slower paced. Good sports on the TV, and while prices ran at approx 30% higher than the equivalent Soi 6 / pothole bar, the girl I eventually ended up with wasn't greedy. Added into that is the ability for a bit of fun with the girls that you can't really get away with in an open air beer bar, or even an closed off AC one.

Food was available and decent.

Pothole.

Dive Bar.

Air con beer bar, pool table, nice selection of girls. Again, I wished I'd spent more time in Dive Bar. Decent manager, zero pressure from the girls, good sport on the TV and a good pool table. Great service and overall a very nice place to spend a few hours. Now, I'm struggling to see the real difference between an AC Beer bar which has girls available for S/T and a GC that is air con and has girls available for S/T apart from the price point.

Dive bar girls varied in quality but absolutely hit the bullseye on attitude. Normally I'm "Mr Sit Alone" (phrase coined in Thai about me to one of the serving girls in Hooters by the farang manager. She didn't laugh at his attempt at humour). in Dive Bar, a girl came over after I'd ordered my second beer and asked if I was OK and if I wanted company. I replied yes and we had a few drinks and a really enjoyable time there. Zero pressure for LD's and zero pressure for anything other than my bladder wanting to use the toilet.

On another occasion in Dive Bar, it didn't help that I bumped into an old friend who used to work at Airport, and her mate who also used to work at Airport A GoGo, so I ended up buying a few LD's and having a great afternoon.

I'd be interested to hear other BM's thoughts, and what you would do on your next trip.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I stick to open air beer bars to chill alone or with friends. When I want hands on fun, GC's for me represent the best value.

Soi 6 is definitely off the list of bars that I would go to as I can't stand the volume and type of music they play. For the same reason there aren't many bars on Pothole I would go into. Dive Bar however is one that I've enjoyed spending time and money in. Kubla Bar is another.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Soi 6 is the best 1/4 mile of real estate in the world IMHO….but it’s been 12 years for me and I never really saw the decent gentlemen’s clubs the vloggers show on Buakhao etc….Soi Pothole I just used a few massage services and Dave’s bookstore, the drinking bars didn’t appeal to me

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Soi 6 is the best 1/4 mile of real estate in the world IMHO….but it’s been 12 years for me and I never really saw the decent gentlemen’s clubs the vloggers show on Buakhao etc….Soi Pothole I just used a few massage services and Dave’s bookstore, the drinking bars didn’t appeal to me

A lot has changed in 12 years. I enjoyed the 6 back then, but back then the bars were quite different from what they are now. Pothole has also drastically changed, for the better IMHO, over the last three years.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The old question about fishing goes -

Where is the best place to go fishing ?

The best answer being - "where the fish are".

So if your seeking afternoon, night "delight" - then you just cannot go passed the Six.

Where else will one find 500- 800 women engaging in the world's oldest profession ?

If you cannot quite find the type you fancy - just keep looking.

The bars on the Six are not perfect of course, but who cares 😋

The original Sportsman Restaurant was in Soi 6 (in mid 1990's) and you could also get ST either before or after breakfast on the Soi as well - but not at Sportsman.

I prefer a series of quiet BB's for drinking, mixing it up and having a wander around etc.

Occasional GC's but avoid ones out of the way, notwithstanding Bolt etc.

Edited by Zeb
  • Like 2

I was on the 6 for a couple of evenings a week or so ago, it's probably got the best standard of girls and numbers that I have seen in a long time.

The group of bars around the middle,  or maybe more towards the beach were so loud on the street as I walked by that my ears hurt, but there are many more with more sensible levels with girls to suit most tastes.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My last trip to Pattaya was Oct last year & I went to a couple of GC's(one after seeing some wanker rave about it on YT) in the afternoon & both were absolute crap.I had a beer in one & walked straight out of the other.

I only went to 6 once & had a very enjoyable time with a really pretty & very fit young filly that didn't cost me an arm & a leg.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just go to soi 6 to play connect four or jackpot.

Gc's I tend to visit in the early evening as an alternative to agogos on nights where I just want to get to bed early. On my last visit I was in Heaven Above once, left disappointed. Was in La Poste also once, left happy.

Pothole I usually stay away from, as I always seem to get stung by mosquitoes there.