Escape A GoGo - 17M Baht??

Butch

I have been there a couple of times, each time it has been almost empty, Saturday night doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm finding it very hard to see how they have the brass neck to ask 17m for it.

I've just had a look at the website.

https://www.escapegogo.com/

17M baht

17m takeover which includes the running business, all contents, staff and all marketing

New 3 year rolling lease direct with the landlord

Rent is only 100k per month

No key money

Rent is paid yearly in advance each year

Deposit is 200k

Total amount to move in is 17m + 1.2m + 200k = 18.4m (negotiable)

Access to the POS to verify income that supports this price is available to serious buyers

This a turn-key business that can be transferred without closure. All staff are available to retained if wanted.

Now call me a cynic, but a POS system isn't really a reliable indicator of income. How about signed and supported documents for the Tax bill for the previous 2 years which should show the income. Also, a 3 year lease which will end up pulling your pants down at the end of it.

In fairness the place was very nice when I went in, nicely laid out, decent music, but there were only 4 girls on the stage and none of them were really enjoying themselves.

Do BM's agree that this price is ever so slightly on the steep end for this place?.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Butch said:

I have been there a couple of times, each time it has been almost empty, Saturday night doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm finding it very hard to see how they have the brass neck to ask 17m for it.

I've just had a look at the website.

https://www.escapegogo.com/

17M baht

17m takeover which includes the running business, all contents, staff and all marketing

New 3 year rolling lease direct with the landlord

Rent is only 100k per month

No key money

Rent is paid yearly in advance each year

Deposit is 200k

Total amount to move in is 17m + 1.2m + 200k = 18.4m (negotiable)

Access to the POS to verify income that supports this price is available to serious buyers

This a turn-key business that can be transferred without closure. All staff are available to retained if wanted.

Now call me a cynic, but a POS system isn't really a reliable indicator of income. How about signed and supported documents for the Tax bill for the previous 2 years which should show the income. Also, a 3 year lease which will end up pulling your pants down at the end of it.

In fairness the place was very nice when I went in, nicely laid out, decent music, but there were only 4 girls on the stage and none of them were really enjoying themselves.

Do BM's agree that this price is ever so slightly on the steep end for this place?.

Well it does include the FunktionOne sound system( I have no idea what that is 😀) that's listed as worth over 5,000,000 baht.  So let's say $140,000 USD.

It would seem looking at Google you can pick up this gear second hand and still have change from $10k USD.

How good a sound system do you need in a prefab structure in TreeTown?

Haggle the price down, staff it with stunners who work for free- it's a gold mine.

• Haha 2

Who could possibly dream the asking price for a nightlife establishment in Pattaya would be “on the steep end” ? 
Say it ain’t so ! 

Methinks the last bargains to be had were probably in the 80’s…..

But if a farang is still healthy and has the $ to throw around, why not? Oh the stories(and bedpost notches) he would have when it’s all said & done

It'd have to be a fairly successful going concern to command that kind of price premium. If a buyer had that amount of money to dump into a bar they'd be better off finding a failed business location, negotiate a new lease, refit the place to their liking, and open it as a new business.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Well it does include the FunktionOne sound system( I have no idea what that is 😀) that's listed as worth over 5,000,000 baht.  So let's say $140,000 USD.

It would seem looking at Google you can pick up this gear second hand and still have change from $10k USD.

How good a sound system do you need in a prefab structure in TreeTown?

Haggle the price down, staff it with stunners who work for free- it's a gold mine.

yeah, but would you get a membership in the buzzin/acreman club, onw stickman is convinced is clued up on Pattaya lol.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

It'd have to be a fairly successful going concern to command that kind of price premium. If a buyer had that amount of money to dump into a bar they'd be better off finding a failed business location, negotiate a new lease, refit the place to their liking, and open it as a new business.

Soi Pothole would seem to be more stable if you could not get into LK Metro, but really the fundamentals apply again; i.e., make your money in the West and spend it in Asia.

17 minutes ago, Trip said:

yeah, but would you get a membership in the buzzin/acreman club, onw stickman is convinced is clued up on Pattaya lol.

Some of s**t farangs believe out  here is a constant source of unintended comedy. Amazing that old chesnut  is still around, and the guys believe it !!!

Whole load of farang here really do need protecting from themselves.

7 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Some of s**t farangs believe out  here is a constant source of unintended comedy. Amazing that old chesnut  is still around, and the guys believe it !!!

Whole load of farang here really do need protecting from themselves.

It's just stunning that people hand over money to the buzzin dude on his idiotic YT blogs. I confess to watching them for comedy but just WOW, people actually subscribe to hear him wax unlyrical about all things Pattaya and he's seldom correct.

Some people should not be allowed to use the internet or travel without parental supervision.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Can you be a bit more specific ? 

It's all about laundering, mates.

Same same but different as

Let's eat grandma v. Let's eat, grandma.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4