Air purifiers

Bazle

Upon my return to Pattaya, I really need to get a couple of air purifiers for my 57 sqm condo - one for the bedroom, one for the living area. So, decision time: what do I buy, and how do I buy it?

I've searched the forum and found many useful posts by @fforest and @forcebwithu, but they are a little out of date now.

It seems that I need to get something with a monitor and with inexpensive (and easily available) replacement filters. I also need to ensure the unit is not noisy.

I am put off by the logistics of buying from Lazada or Shopee, so I'd prefer to buy from a store in Pattaya. Whilst I haven't been shopping specifically for purifiers, I do recall seeing Xiomi and Dyson units for sale at Central Festival.

Any useful comments on what to buy and where to buy it from would be appreciated.

TIA.

Watching this topic with interest as I need to buy one for our place in the Philippines. I'd also be interested in the electrical usage per hour of one of these units.

From my research, Xiomi are looking like a good option, in the Philippines at least.

What ever Air filter you buy.....Lazada will deliver the EXACT same one you could buy in a shop and at a better price.....And dont forget the free shipping vouchers...They can only be found on the Lazada phone app...

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

Upon my return to Pattaya, I really need to get a couple of air purifiers for my 57 sqm condo - one for the bedroom, one for the living area. So, decision time: what do I buy, and how do I buy it?

I've searched the forum and found many useful posts by @fforest and @forcebwithu, but they are a little out of date now.

It seems that I need to get something with a monitor and with inexpensive (and easily available) replacement filters. I also need to ensure the unit is not noisy.

I am put off by the logistics of buying from Lazada or Shopee, so I'd prefer to buy from a store in Pattaya. Whilst I haven't been shopping specifically for purifiers, I do recall seeing Xiomi and Dyson units for sale at Central Festival.

Any useful comments on what to buy and where to buy it from would be appreciated.

TIA.

I'd be happy to help you with ordering from Lazada and having it delivered to my place. I could then drop it off at your place.

Both @fforest and I have purifiers made by Sharp. A couple of the FP-J30TA models should get the job done for your condo. I understand the pink model is the most energy efficient. :default_biggrin:

image.jpeg

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sharp-23-fp-j30ta-1-i168722992-s209115632.html

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

11 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I'd be happy to help you with ordering from Lazada and having it delivered to my place. I could then drop it off at your place.

Same same, and I'm just up the soi...!

10 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Both @fforest and I have purifiers made by Sharp. A couple of the FP-J30TA models should get the job done for your condo. I understand the pink model is the most energy efficient. :default_biggrin:

image.jpeg

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sharp-23-fp-j30ta-1-i168722992-s209115632.html

https://shopee.co.th/(มือสอง)Sharp-เครื่องฟอกอากาศ-สำหรับห้องขนาด-23-ตร.ม.-รุ่น-FP-J30TA-i.334393936.23656481254?sp_atk=fa47b931-e854-429c-90fe-3cca81b7ae5e&xptdk=fa47b931-e854-429c-90fe-3cca81b7ae5e

(มือสอง)Sharp เครื่องฟอกอากาศ สำหรับห้องขนาด 23 ตร.ม. รุ่น FP-J30TA

฿2,000

Total with shipping discount 2,097

Product image (มือสอง)Sharp เครื่องฟอกอากาศ สำหรับห้องขนาด 23 ตร.ม. รุ่น FP-J30TA

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, fforest said:

https://shopee.co.th/(มือสอง)Sharp-เครื่องฟอกอากาศ-สำหรับห้องขนาด-23-ตร.ม.-รุ่น-FP-J30TA-i.334393936.23656481254?sp_atk=fa47b931-e854-429c-90fe-3cca81b7ae5e&xptdk=fa47b931-e854-429c-90fe-3cca81b7ae5e

(มือสอง)Sharp เครื่องฟอกอากาศ สำหรับห้องขนาด 23 ตร.ม. รุ่น FP-J30TA

฿2,000

Total with shipping discount 2,097

Product image (มือสอง)Sharp เครื่องฟอกอากาศ สำหรับห้องขนาด 23 ตร.ม. รุ่น FP-J30TA

That's a good price. The catch is they only have one left. Another Shopee seller with more stock has a price equal to what I found on Lazada. Lazada wins though on shipping cost, 64B vs 134B.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bazle said:

TIA.

Had to visit my mate Khun DIY this morning,  so went to his tukcom emporium.

The store in the basement looked at me aghast when I asked,  even with Google translate. The one on the 2nd floor proudly showed me their range of air fryers. My wanderings didn't find any purifiers on display

• Thanks 1

I don't live in Pattaya, I don't even live in Thailand.

Where I do live has pretty good air quality.

image.png

Recent air quality from a monitoring station near where I live. The peak value is AQI 36.

Of course we do have the occasional summer bushfire, the spring and autumn hazard reduction burns and the odd winter inversion.

I do have an air purifier, a Samsung AX5500 although I believe that it has been superseded by the AX46.

https://www.samsung.com/au/air-care/air-purifier/ax5500-air-purifier-with-3-way-air-flow-ax46bg5000gssa/

The specs are identical just some unnecessary changes to the appearance. These are expensive, not for Cheap Charlies.

As Tommy Dee once posted "it's just a box, a fan and a filter element and can cost more than an air conditioner."

This model is good for 60 square metres. Samsung do have other models.

The more important spec as far as I'm concerned is that it can process 467 cubic metres of air per hour.

I just use it in the bedroom which is probably a bit of overkill but I do breath clear fresh mountain air when I sleep.

image.png

The filter system. The carbon and dust filter are bonded together and cannot be serviced. Replace when indicated on the control panel. The pre-filter collects lint and fluff and can be cleaned with a light vacuuming.

I use it nightly and am still on the original filter after 3 years.

In the interest of science and this post I measured the dust collecting filter. It has 105 pleats, 38mm deep and 175mm wide which by my calculations is a filtering area of just under 1.4 square metres.

PS. Might be worthwhile on informing yourself on what a HEPA filter actually is and more importantly be aware that some people who don't recognise copyright might be producing fake filters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HEPA

The purifier has indicators on the control panel for PM10, PM2.5 and PM1 as well as "gas". I believe the main gas found in the urban home is formaldehyde which is give off by carpets and furnishings. On the other hand a good healthy fart in the near vicinity to the unit can turn the gas indicator from blue to red for a few minutes.

The unit is certainly quiet enough to use in a bedroom and being on wheels can be moved about to where it's required.

Anything else you want to know just ask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

The little Electrolux I recently picked up at Homepro kicks ass. 

Thanks, but could you say what model that is and how much you paid for it, please.

Did Homepro deliver it for you, or was it light enough to carry.

TIA.

5 hours ago, Bazle said:

Thanks, but could you say what model that is and how much you paid for it, please.

Did Homepro deliver it for you, or was it light enough to carry.

TIA.

There were two similar models. I bought that was more expensive as it had better filters on it. It looks like the model # os EP32-26GA. They had taller versions of both models.

I think I paid around 4,000 for it. I think the bigger ones were around 7.

Last year I went cheap, and as usual regretted it. But when I bought it there was not much else available. 

I plan to add one or two more next year.

Homepro can deliever. But you have to set that up. It was small enought that I could have rigged to my bike racke, but I was with a friend who had a car.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Homepro can deliever. But you have to set that up. 

Don't forget to remove the protective foil inside if it has got one (had a different model).

Was wondering, why the air quality didn't improve after 1 hour...... :default_blush:

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, CampariO said:

Don't forget to remove the protective foil inside if it has got one (had a different model).

Was wondering, why the air quality didn't improve after 1 hour...... :default_blush:

Yep... I've done that with other products. Fcuking plastic packaging.

A family member has a Samsung here in Australia.  Model AX7500 I think.   It monitors air quality and displays levels of PM1, PM2.5 and PM10 on a small screen.   It will activate automatically if it detects high levels of these particles in the air.

He has observed it starting up when it detected diesel fumes in the house from an engine operating nearby.

These sell for about 23,000 baht in Australia.  Not sure what the price in Thailand would be.

It has two filters that are recommended to be replaced every 6 to 12 months,  depending on how much pollution is in your air.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ocka said:

A family member has a Samsung here in Australia.  Model AX7500 I think.   It monitors air quality and displays levels of PM1, PM2.5 and PM10 on a small screen.   It will activate automatically if it detects high levels of these particles in the air.

He has observed it starting up when it detected diesel fumes in the house from an engine operating nearby.

These sell for about 23,000 baht in Australia.  Not sure what the price in Thailand would be.

It has two filters that are recommended to be replaced every 6 to 12 months,  depending on how much pollution is in your air.

That's the big brother of the AX5500 I have. Good for 90 square metres. I was going to get one until I saw the size of the unit. Settled for the AX5500.

• Like 1