how long till gogos and more disappear from walking street

well seen a lot of changings on walking streetsince my last vist in dec22/jan23 5week trip at time.lot more indian clubs and people trying to get u go in there places few more arabs bars to.did a scout round leela club outside in day very large building 3 floors in total with walk frames all round it but could not see one fire escape down from each level to next to the group at all god help if that went up in flames or a major incident happened.gogos seem to be lot less now to mainly up to what was pier club got a few more after that but not much to choose from.ibar and republic are about the only 2 thai own clubs now as all rest have indians running them.marine is shut work going on the but can not see whats happening at all.so wonder how long till the rest of walking street is taken over by indians arab and russian money as they seem to moving slowly down there and few other places.even the stalls when u walk in to mikes of beach road are manned by indians now as when u used to go in before covid and all the stalls where run by thai ladies mainly used to get a few good deals of one lady who run a stall there but she has long gone now.shame she was a good friend and always found what i was looking for back in day

1 hour ago, thunder367 said:

well seen a lot of changings on walking streetsince my last vist in dec22/jan23 5week trip at time.lot more indian clubs and people trying to get u go in there places few more arabs bars to.did a scout round leela club outside in day very large building 3 floors in total with walk frames all round it but could not see one fire escape down from each level to next to the group at all god help if that went up in flames or a major incident happened.gogos seem to be lot less now to mainly up to what was pier club got a few more after that but not much to choose from.ibar and republic are about the only 2 thai own clubs now as all rest have indians running them.marine is shut work going on the but can not see whats happening at all.so wonder how long till the rest of walking street is taken over by indians arab and russian money as they seem to moving slowly down there and few other places.even the stalls when u walk in to mikes of beach road are manned by indians now as when u used to go in before covid and all the stalls where run by thai ladies mainly used to get a few good deals of one lady who run a stall there but she has long gone now.shame she was a good friend and always found what i was looking for back in day

Keeps them all away from the other  areas let the Indians, Russian  and Chinese flag walkers  have it I say,last year was the last time I visited purely to let my gf see it,had a few drinks at the old bars for people watchin ,couldn't wait to leave tbh

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

Can anybody read the above? Without capitals and without spaces after the periods, it is just a character salad to me. Some paragraphs might also help.

That was my thought too, to be honest.

Appreciate the OP, but it's such a hard read that I just gave up.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Simply put he is asking how long will it take [if at all] before the whole of walking street is catered towards indians arabs and russians ? id think as long as there are still gogo bars catering to other nationalities,not happen at all,but i dont remember how far up they have came from the other end where the russian and indian clubs are,never thought they came past insomnia myself but its been a year since i been.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Freee!! said:

Can anybody read the above? Without capitals and without spaces after the periods, it is just a character salad to me. Some paragraphs might also help.

Agreed. Lack of paragraphs can be painful.

Well, seen a lot of change on Walking Street since my last visit in Dec22/Jan23, 5week trip at the time. Lot more Indian clubs and people trying to get you to go in their places, few more Arabs bars too!

Did a scout round Leela club outside in the day, very large building 3 floors in total with walk frames all round it, but could not see one fire escape down from each level to next, to the group at all.  God help if that went up in flames or a major incident happened!

Gogos seem to be a lot less now to mainly up to what was Pier club.  Got a few more after that, but not much to choose from. Ibar and Republic are about the only 2 Thai own clubs now, as all the rest have Indians running them. Marine is shut, work going on, but can not see what's happening at all. So wonder how long till the rest of Walking Street is taken over by Indians, Arab and Russian money, as they seem to moving slowly down there and few other places.

Even the stalls when you walk into Mike's of Beach Road are manned by Indians now, as when you used to go in before covid, all the stalls were run by Thai ladies mainly. Used to get a few good deals of one lady who ran a stall there, but she has long gone now. Shame, she was a good friend and always found what i was looking for back in day!

You're welcome, thank me later! 

insane-fast-typing-cat.gif.9b6fdb7f4530f58c96afeb91f0412a45.gif

Edited by Krapow
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, thunder367 said:

sorry writing stuff is not my best failed english at school but thanks for taking time and sorting it.

No worries mate.

Thanks for taking the time to post it, and it's kinda sad to see what's happening to WS, even though I haven't been there in years. 

I was able to read it, I was just doing a mind numbing spreadsheet for work, so the break from that to type it out was a relief 😅 

• Like 1

I don't think anytime soon.

I went to WS twice on my recent trip last month. I like sitting quietly in an agogo and just watching the naked/semi naked women doing their routines on the stage. I just used most of my time around Metro rather than WS.

On the two visits to the WS area I visited:

Both Windmills - Full.

Coco - half full.

XS - Full.

Iron Club - almost empty.

Skyfall - nearly full.

Baccara - full, although upstairs was closed.

Plus a few more places that I don't remember, as my alcohol level had increased.

Of course a single or two visits to a certain place is no indication of how well or bad a business is going.

Koreans and Japanese guys tend to prefer lighter skinned Thais, something that I also enjoy. I don't mind sitting in a bar or agogo surrounded completely by far east asian guys.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

55 minutes ago, Lirchenfeld said:

I don't think anytime soon.

I went to WS twice on my recent trip last month. I like sitting quietly in an agogo and just watching the naked/semi naked women doing their routines on the stage. I just used most of my time around Metro rather than WS.

On the two visits to the WS area I visited:

Both Windmills - Full.

Coco - half full.

XS - Full.

Iron Club - almost empty.

Skyfall - nearly full.

Baccara - full, although upstairs was closed.

Plus a few more places that I don't remember, as my alcohol level had increased.

Of course a single or two visits to a certain place is no indication of how well or bad a business is going.

Koreans and Japanese guys tend to prefer lighter skinned Thais, something that I also enjoy. I don't mind sitting in a bar or agogo surrounded completely by far east asian guys with thongs rammed up their ass showing big bulges.

• Haha 1

Last April 2023, spent 5 days in Patts for wifey's b-day. Will do the same next month, coming April 7th for 5 days staying at The Hard Rock...a year ago WS was thumping as a general rule. Stops at Ibar/Insomnia were quite frankly very good. I even got wifey to go inside "Baccara" where she whispered to me " God, some of these girls tits are huge" Baccara was packed...and not just Asian dudes...just saying. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Krapow said:

Well, seen a lot of change on Walking Street since my last visit in Dec22/Jan23, 5week trip at the time. Lot more Indian clubs and people trying to get you to go in their places, few more Arabs bars too!

Did a scout round Leela club outside in the day, very large building 3 floors in total with walk frames all round it, but could not see one fire escape down from each level to next, to the group at all.  God help if that went up in flames or a major incident happened!

Gogos seem to be a lot less now to mainly up to what was Pier club.  Got a few more after that, but not much to choose from. Ibar and Republic are about the only 2 Thai own clubs now, as all the rest have Indians running them. Marine is shut, work going on, but can not see what's happening at all. So wonder how long till the rest of Walking Street is taken over by Indians, Arab and Russian money, as they seem to moving slowly down there and few other places.

Even the stalls when you walk into Mike's of Beach Road are manned by Indians now, as when you used to go in before covid, all the stalls were run by Thai ladies mainly. Used to get a few good deals of one lady who ran a stall there, but she has long gone now. Shame, she was a good friend and always found what i was looking for back in day!

You're welcome, thank me later! 

insane-fast-typing-cat.gif.9b6fdb7f4530f58c96afeb91f0412a45.gif

Styrafoam life jackets on the back decks. For fire emergencies have to jump off into the bay. Then choke on sewage.

• Surprised 1

4 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Styrafoam life jackets on the back decks. For fire emergencies have to jump off into the bay. Then choke on sewage.

this club is not on the bay side so anyone jumping will break a leg or more its right on corner where there used to be gogos hidden away in a complex on the street side.

• Like 2

I think Walking Street is, unlike most areas of pattaya, is indiciative of the demographics visiting rather than the true face of the town. WS is where everyone wants to be seen, and it's also where City Hall allow so much to go on. The big indian clubs are catering for that demographic, the girls inside are not the Indian stunners you see on the billboards outside, they're actually overweight Thai girls charging whatever they can in what is arguably going to be a very hostile negotiating arena.

When I was there last, the Russian places were literally empty and devoid of customers, but still managing to pay the rents and operate. The Indian places were actually quite busy, mostly with guys hanging around outside deciding which one to go in.

The Arab quarter has always been the Arab quarter and I've always felt safe walking through there, and even had a few beers with some Omani guys visiting a few years ago. Whether or not that increases in area or not I think is yet to be seen, but tbh I've not given it any real attention.

This coming trip, I do have an Indian friend out there who will probably take me into one of the clubs if I ask him. I'm not going to hold his hand though.

I think WS will have a cut off point where the Indian / Russian areas stop and the Western themed areas continue, like the Demarcation line in Korea. I cannot see the likes of XS or Skyfall becoming Russian GGB's anymore than Nashaa becomes Insomnia mark 2. At the time of writing it appears that line is roughly where Boeshe / Catz / X Zone area used to be onwards heading to the pier.

It'll remain as it is I think, especially the Diamond arcade / Soi 15 parts along with the big guns occupying the relevant section of the main drag. I cant see the Koreans and especially the Chinese being particularly enamoured with having to walk through an area propagated by Indians.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Butch said:

I think Walking Street is, unlike most areas of pattaya, is indiciative of the demographics visiting rather than the true face of the town. WS is where everyone wants to be seen, and it's also where City Hall allow so much to go on. The big indian clubs are catering for that demographic, the girls inside are not the Indian stunners you see on the billboards outside, they're actually overweight Thai girls charging whatever they can in what is arguably going to be a very hostile negotiating arena.

When I was there last, the Russian places were literally empty and devoid of customers, but still managing to pay the rents and operate. The Indian places were actually quite busy, mostly with guys hanging around outside deciding which one to go in.

The Arab quarter has always been the Arab quarter and I've always felt safe walking through there, and even had a few beers with some Omani guys visiting a few years ago. Whether or not that increases in area or not I think is yet to be seen, but tbh I've not given it any real attention.

This coming trip, I do have an Indian friend out there who will probably take me into one of the clubs if I ask him. I'm not going to hold his hand though.

I think WS will have a cut off point where the Indian / Russian areas stop and the Western themed areas continue, like the Demarcation line in Korea. I cannot see the likes of XS or Skyfall becoming Russian GGB's anymore than Nashaa becomes Insomnia mark 2. At the time of writing it appears that line is roughly where Boeshe / Catz / X Zone area used to be onwards heading to the pier.

It'll remain as it is I think, especially the Diamond arcade / Soi 15 parts along with the big guns occupying the relevant section of the main drag. I cant see the Koreans and especially the Chinese being particularly enamoured with having to walk through an area propagated by Indians.

Great read.

Sounds like the dentonation spot for beginning of WW III.

• Like 1