Bad Farangs

Glasseye

23 hours ago, lazarus said:

nominee arrangements where Thai nationals hold shares or real estate ownership on behalf of foreigners to avoid legal compliance.

This could be interesting for all those farangs buying property and setting up a Thai company to facilitate ownership.

One more

Russian Tourist Allegedly Assaults Pregnant Shopkeeper in Koh Phangan After Refusing to Remove Her Shoes

Surat Thani—

On March 18th, 2024, Thai social media posted a story of a Russian female tourist allegedly kicking an 8-month pregnant shopkeeper after refusing to take her shoes off at Koh Phangan, Surat Thani.

At 1:00 PM, Koh Phangan police received a report from Mrs. Satika, a pregnant 34-year-old shopkeeper at a natural products store in Koh Phangan that she allegedly was physically assaulted by a foreign tourist.

• Sad 4

4 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

One more

Russian Tourist Allegedly Assaults Pregnant Shopkeeper in Koh Phangan After Refusing to Remove Her Shoes

Surat Thani—

On March 18th, 2024, Thai social media posted a story of a Russian female tourist allegedly kicking an 8-month pregnant shopkeeper after refusing to take her shoes off at Koh Phangan, Surat Thani.

At 1:00 PM, Koh Phangan police received a report from Mrs. Satika, a pregnant 34-year-old shopkeeper at a natural products store in Koh Phangan that she allegedly was physically assaulted by a foreign tourist.

I too will not remove my shoes when entering any establishment that attempts to prevent such actions, i suffer with Planter Facilitus to my feet, if wifey is with me she explains, if they don't agree i just don't go in but i certainly would'nt abuse or assault the shopkeeper, i hope the Russian perpetrator is made to pay handsomely one way or the other.  

• Thumbs Up 4

56 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I too will not remove my shoes when entering any establishment that attempts to prevent such actions, i suffer with Planter Facilitus to my feet, if wifey is with me she explains, if they don't agree i just don't go in but i certainly would'nt abuse or assault the shopkeeper, i hope the Russian perpetrator is made to pay handsomely one way or the other.  

I had that a few years ago,not nice.

I always wear insoles with raised arches as I was told I was close to being flat footed.

Maybe that's why I hated marching when in the RAF,but more likely I just hated marching lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

A GERMAN OVERSTAYER ARRESTED WITH AXE THREAT TO PHUKET POLICE

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2024/04/05/a-german-overstayer-arrested-with-axe-threat-to-phuket-police/

..."The police attempted to communicate with the foreigner but failed. He was insane, wielding an axe and shouting at everyone to fight. The officers then took him into custody, according to police tactics."...

. . .

german-axe3.jpg

german-axe1.jpg

german-axe2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, lazarus said:

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2024/04/05/a-german-overstayer-arrested-with-axe-threat-to-phuket-police/

..."The police attempted to communicate with the foreigner but failed. He was insane, wielding an axe and shouting at everyone to fight. The officers then took him into custody, according to police tactics."...

. . .

german-axe3.jpg

german-axe1.jpg

german-axe2.jpg

Thai Police show a remarkable amount of restraint when dealing with violent people. Where I live in Australia if somebody had threatened the police with an axe they would have shot them.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, andycoll said:

Thai Police show a remarkable amount of restraint when dealing with violent people. Where I live in Australia if somebody had threatened the police with an axe they would have shot them.

The Dutch police probably would have as well. And the Dutch police strongly prefer not to shoot, but if they have, they prefer to shoot to kill.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, andycoll said:

In the USA they'd have shot him....

On 4/6/2024 at 3:02 AM, lazarus said:

. . .

german-axe3.jpg

german-axe1.jpg

german-axe2.jpg

On 4/6/2024 at 9:35 AM, andycoll said:

With a "SWAT" team they are well equipped and trained. They will usually look at this as a challenge. As long as he is not imminently threatening an innocent they will take him down using a number of different methods. 

As @boydeste noted taser or sometimes plastic shotgun rounds, gas, etc.

One on one or just a couple of initial responders they may have shot him.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Hopefully he’ll be out of the country and blackballed from ever coming back. 
Attacking female staff over a check bin is reason enough to kick him out. 😡

I don't even want to watch the vid. Surely is some bent mo fo's here (especially in Patts).

Clear the fcuksticks out. I am all for it, even if it means some extra effort and scrutiny for most of us.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 4:19 PM, Glasseye said:

Clear the fcuksticks out. I am all for it, even if it means some extra effort and scrutiny for most of us.

Haha, agreed but let's make plan A without the extra effort or scrutiny, just clearing the backlog. Plan B can be extra effort. With a bit of luck scrutiny doesn't come it.

6 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Haha, agreed but let's make plan A without the extra effort or scrutiny, just clearing the backlog. Plan B can be extra effort. With a bit of luck scrutiny doesn't come it.

I'm with you on that. I think we'll be fine.

90 % of it all is just a smokescreen anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had an unfortunate experience with a dutchman recently. Mrs TT and u had just arrived at our local for dinner when the staff rushed up to us saying that a farang had driven into our car. True enough a completely plastered dutchman had ripped off the front wing of our car. He begged me not to call the police or insurance because of his inebriation and faithfully promised to settle any bill for damage repair. He caimed to be a good friend of the owner of the restaurant.  Stupid me believed him and subsequently ended up paying a 35,000 bill and getting ghosted by him and his g/f . He though is banned from the restaurant.

• Surprised 2

12 hours ago, ThaiTim said:

I had an unfortunate experience with a dutchman recently. Mrs TT and u had just arrived at our local for dinner when the staff rushed up to us saying that a farang had driven into our car. True enough a completely plastered dutchman had ripped off the front wing of our car. He begged me not to call the police or insurance because of his inebriation and faithfully promised to settle any bill for damage repair. He caimed to be a good friend of the owner of the restaurant.  Stupid me believed him and subsequently ended up paying a 35,000 bill and getting ghosted by him and his g/f . He though is banned from the restaurant.

Each case is different. Police and insurance being contacted is pretty standard operating procedure though. The guy would have to hand over some serious dosh on the spot for me to let that fly.

IMO anyone driving impaired is an automatic shitbag in my book anyway. You got double whammied on that one.

One more reason why I don't want to own a motor vehicle of any kind. They're a mountain of expense and hassle. If you drive a car chances are fairly high that if something bad happens in your life a car will somehow be involved. 

• Like 4

Had it been my car, I’d have marched him to an ATM and insisted he withdraw funds to cover whatever I thought the repairs would cost. If not, I’d be on the phone to police pretty damn quick. 
Drunk drivers are, IMHO, the scum of the earth and need to be taken off the road, after they pay for the cost to have my car fixed of course. 🤬

• Like 3

On 4/23/2024 at 3:08 PM, ThaiTim said:

If no photos of car and ID i think a bit over polite, perhaps a catholic  trait. Anyway the asshole is lucky not to have killed someone.

Edited by Zambo
Remark added