Wise - I've been trying to log in to my wise account with no success.....

15 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

This is what i get obviously with the fields completed and i click Login and nothing happens !!!

Welcome back.

New to Wise? Sign up

14 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

How cool is that. We're both using the same username. :default_biggrin:

Ok, since nothing happens there's a chance It could be they did a code update to the webpage and you have a copy of the old page's code in cache. That can cause the issue you're experiencing.

If that's the case then clearing the browser's cache and cookies should work. To do that, follow the steps in the link below for the browser you're using.
https://its.uiowa.edu/support/article/719

Well if either of you have success logging into my account can you please put some money in please.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thanks for your post TB. Trouble is i don't use my phone for anything other than calls/sms. I do have access using Chrome browser so i'm not entirely f*****

Tell me how did you contact them, i'm having great difficulty ?

After the clusterf*ck experience trying to use their website when it would only let me transfer money to my own Wise account, and not to my account in Thailand, they had the cheek to send me an e-mail immediately afterwards asking me to rate my experience and send them any additional comments I might have. I'd have rated them at zero, but one was the lowest score you could give, so I made up for it in the comments. I don't suppose that anyone actually reads this stuff, though, at best they'll have some sort of an AI parsing the results, and my insults probably went well over the top of its training.

My impression this last year is that Wise is growing far too fast for its own good, I for one would never hand them thousands of pounds as, by the time you actually want it, they'll have changed the website or app so that you can't do it the way you did the last time, or you have to jump through 5 additional hoops. They're OK for sending a grand here and a grand there, but if I need to bring in a lot more I'll use my Barclays UK account as international transfers are free. I might not get as good a rate as with Wise or XE, but with no fee to pay on, say £10K or £20K, it'll probably all work out roughly the same.

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Its all up and running again with Firefox :default_clapping:

Not for me, just the same as yesterday.  Did you do anything to fix it or did it just start working itself?

I regularly use Wise and always use Firefox. Invariably logging in has been  painless and actual transfers take quite literally seconds.

Most recently, including just a few minutes ago, an additional set of security issues have been required to be completed involving a picture divided into square segments.  Today it asked me to tick each box that contained (part) of a bus. Maybe it did not like my first set of ticks because it gave me another picture to repeat the exercise after which it logged me in.

• Great Info 1

16 hours ago, KWA said:

Not for me, just the same as yesterday.  Did you do anything to fix it or did it just start working itself?

It just started working again itself, thank god :default_clapping:Wish you all the best. Have you tried a different browser ?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

It just started working again itself, thank god :default_clapping:Wish you all the best. Have you tried a different browser ?

Got it working.  Just refreshed the page and it worked OK.

• Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, KWA said:

Got it working.  Just refreshed the page and it worked OK.

Points to old code that was in your local cache. I run into this quite frequently when I update code on websites I maintain. In Chrome CTRL F5 will force a complete page refresh including the cache, clearing out the old code and replacing it with the updated code.

• Great Info 3

check your emails.  this weekend I had to go in and confirm my details as they blocked the account until i did that.  there was an email about it which I ignored last month. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, tommy dee said:

check your emails.  this weekend I had to go in and confirm my details as they blocked the account until i did that.  there was an email about it which I ignored last month. 

Oh dear! I think I might have had that email as well, and deleted it thinking it was a phishing scam. 😢

niessenfrank20 is my gmail account. How the heck got that in your wise account as e-mail adress? I never had a wise account, and i just looked at my g-mail no strange emails can be found like i signed in a new device. I have no social media except a line account.

Ps de password I use has the same amount of letters (10) as shown. So some one has obtained my gmail information. An I think now how.

About 10 years ago I wanted to obtain an year subcription to keep2share. I used above g-mail adress. It did not work, also after a few attempts. About a few month later my credit card was use for 2300  Euro. I could see that it was a company is cyprus using it in London. I called my bank in The Netherlands and they told me that they had noticed this, and blocked more withdrawels. After some paperwork I got my money back. It must be from this keep2share supscription they obtained my g-mail account and credit card information.

And i just deleted this account, and the credit card was deleted when i emigrated to Thailand  8 years ago

On 5/6/2024 at 3:35 PM, Bazle said:

Oh dear! I think I might have had that email as well, and deleted it thinking it was a phishing scam. 😢

go back to your deleted emails mate.. GMail as an example holds them for 30 days.  it doesnt ask for anything other than you to confirm what you have already told them, just one click and its done.  i had same

• Thumbs Up 1