Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, boydeste said:

As my new mozzie zapper picture has vanished into the ether.

20231004_200812.jpg

As an FYI...

Are Mosquitoes Attracted to Light?

"Like other light sources, mosquitoes aren’t attracted to ultraviolet light. They will try to use ultraviolet light to navigate. Most bug zappers using ultraviolet light are killing other flying insects, not mosquitoes. Traps utilizing carbon dioxide are more effective than bug lights."

Edited to add pic of carbon dioxide mosquito killer.

image.jpeg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, boydeste said:

Unfortunately I have been seeing quite a few dead pigeons on my walks. Guessing some type of flu virus is taking them down.

20231007_180605.jpg

I wish to f*** some virus would kill the flying rats that are shitting/sitting constantly on my gaff, car and everywhere else.

No doubt thats a wood pigeon👍 i used to eat them after shooting when i was a lad, yummy yummy.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

No doubt thats a wood pigeon👍 i used to eat them after shooting when i was a lad, yummy yummy.

Me too..but we used to put food under a box held up with a stick and string..The fat fuckers were easy to catch. Killed them by doinking them on the head with a gurt big stick.

We used to take them out to the fields at the back do pluck them so as not to attract the foxes anywhere near the bantams we had..

My Mum bunged them in a casserole with sausages !

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not my pics, but a couple taken by my lady's sister. The Ping River where my lady owns a house and land is now flooding (map link).  So her family is having to wade through flood waters to harvest casava on my lady's land. Just another day in rural Thailand and the place where I expect to live out my final years. Can't think of a finer place to live those years.

1697248957784.jpg

1697248957727.jpg

1697248957595.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Sad 1

On 10/14/2023 at 1:40 AM, forcebwithu said:

As an FYI...

Are Mosquitoes Attracted to Light?

"Like other light sources, mosquitoes aren’t attracted to ultraviolet light. They will try to use ultraviolet light to navigate. Most bug zappers using ultraviolet light are killing other flying insects, not mosquitoes. Traps utilizing carbon dioxide are more effective than bug lights."

Edited to add pic of carbon dioxide mosquito killer.

image.jpeg

That is true, Mozzies are attracted to Co2.

I use a mozzie repellant that emits allethrin to keep them away when it is hostile and wear deet on the skin.

I bought the device on the recommendation of a couple of friends that said it was good. So far I have only used it in the UK and it certainly disposed of plenty of biting insects. In my experience light definitely has Mozzies flying close by, as long as they are flying around the unit and not attacking me I am happy.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, boydeste said:

That is true, Mozzies are attracted to Co2.

I use a mozzie repellant that emits allethrin to keep them away when it is hostile and wear deet on the skin.

I bought the device on the recommendation of a couple of friends that said it was good. So far I have only used it in the UK and it certainly disposed of plenty of biting insects. In my experience light definitely has Mozzies flying close by, as long as they are flying around the unit and not attacking me I am happy.

In Thailand I found at night that having the A/C on kept them at bay, but I always gave the bedroom a quick spray with mozzie spray before going to bed and when outside on the porch in the evening I always had mozzi cream on exposed parts and one of those electric tennis rackets to hand. I think they were attracted to a good Merlot in the evenings, I know I am. 🤗

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

In Thailand I found at night that having the A/C on kept them at bay, but I always gave the bedroom a quick spray with mozzie spray before going to bed and when outside on the porch in the evening I always had mozzi cream on exposed parts and one of those electric tennis rackets to hand. I think they were attracted to a good Merlot in the evenings, I know I am. 🤗

We had a problem with mozzies getting inside the house due to the habit of Thai's not closing the outside when they entered the house. Gave up trying to train my lady, much less guests to close the door when coming in and installed pneumatic door closers on the two entrances. Problem solved.

• Like 3