Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

It's frightening for me to watch the Thai's at work at times. Wifey has decided every 5 years we need to get the house painted..yeah OK, it takes these guys all day to "build" the Bamboo sticks they walk on to actually paint the house. Each unit held together is just by tie rods! 

IMG_9967.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 4

6 hours ago, Yessongs said:

It's frightening for me to watch the Thai's at work at times. Wifey has decided every 5 years we need to get the house painted..yeah OK, it takes these guys all day to "build" the Bamboo sticks they walk on to actually paint the house. Each unit held together is just by tie rods! 

IMG_9967.JPG

That’s how they painted our beach house and it didn’t seem to bother the painters. 🤣 Actually they only installed it on one side and moved it to the next elevation when they had done that side. It wasn’t as elaborate as yours, consisting of just 3 vertical poles and 3 horizontal poles and they managed to get right up to the high eaves. 

I have to admit, it frightened me just to watch them swinging from pole to pole one handed, whilst the other hand was busy holding their brushes and paint can. 4 days and job done. At least they put down sheets on the ground to catch the drips and splashes. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, KhunDon said:

That’s how they painted our beach house and it didn’t seem to bother the painters. 🤣 Actually they only installed it on one side and moved it to the next elevation when they had done that side. It wasn’t as elaborate as yours, consisting of just 3 vertical poles and 3 horizontal poles and they managed to get right up to the high eaves. 

I have to admit, it frightened me just to watch them swinging from pole to pole one handed, whilst the other hand was busy holding their brushes and paint can. 4 days and job done. At least they put down sheets on the ground to catch the drips and splashes. 👍

Yeah, it is amazing how they do this. Like you, I can't watch. I asked wifey if her home owners insurance policy covers any of these guys falling down and breaking their neck on her property? She said "yes" thankfully. The bottom section was completed last week, the second story should be done by Friday. I gave each one of these guys 500 baht tip yesterday ( without wifey knowing) and told them "Ra Wang" Be careful.....they knew what I meant, and smiled and nodded their head.  Don't ask me about the colors, those were her choice. She likes bright😂

Same as the guys who come and trim the trees, they crawl up there branch by branch in their bare feet hacking away at each section.  Amazing Thailand! LOL!  

IMG_0021.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 3