Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

On today's long walk I spotted this vacant lot at the corner of Soi 9 and Jomtien 2nd Rd - it jogged my memory as I seemed to recall a fairly ornate building that had been there before:

rsz_soi_9_2nd_rd.jpg

So I thought I'd look through  my old photos and see if I could find a photo of the building and by sheer luck I picked the right year to check - here's a shot from 2015 that shows the building almost finished after they had been working on it for years and it became an art gallery:

rsz_dsc01523.jpg

• Like 4

17 hours ago, maipenrai said:

So I thought I'd look through  my old photos and see if I could find a photo of the building and by sheer luck I picked the right year to check - here's a shot from 2015 that shows the building almost finished after they had been working on it for years and it became an art gallery:

Streetview history shows it as changing colour between Feb 2022 and Oct 2023 and expanding its role to become an art gallery, cafe and cannabis shop.

image.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, KWA said:

Streetview history shows it as changing colour between Feb 2022 and Oct 2023 and expanding its role to become an art gallery, cafe and cannabis shop.

image.png

All the more reason to wonder why the whole complex was razed to the ground - I do recall them working on the place for years while they were building it. 

23 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Good bar years ago but lacked the stunners on my last trip. One of my very good friends met his wife there, living happily in Davao now.

Pretty dire all round m8........

• Thumbs Up 2