Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

IMG_20200809_151305.jpgI

The above is a "junction box" for a mass of telephone lines and I remember it as a perpetual reminder to my stupidity. It is situated next to the traffic lights at the junction of Pattaya Tai and Second Road. Currently they are replacing the paving stones which is long overdue.

Prior to installing the actual box they dug a great big hole to run in presumably all the cables.Then it rained, really hard for a couple of days!

We all came out of one of Secrets party nights feeling no pain and ran across Second Road with the aim of Sai and I getting a baht bus to the condo in Jomtien. I recall Sai shouting the words

"Dan, don't run..............."

But before Sai added the word "there" I was trying to look over my shoulder and disappeared down the hole which was full of water mixed with sand and came up to above my waist.

Everyone pissed themselves laughing but I was lucky there was only sand and water in the hole. They all had to help me out because my jeans were really heavy with the sand/water mix.

I think of it as "Dan's Monument". 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/8/2020 at 7:09 PM, Horizondave said:

The view is spectacular and I am not talking about the girls......love that part of the world.

The Lake District is such a special place. Some great family holidays there when I was a kid with my brother, mum and dad. For 5 years straight we rented a wooden cottage in between Ambleside and Coniston. Such great times and we "did" Coniston and Coniston Old Man, then progressed onto Scafell Pike. At one point in the late 60's I was the highest person in England . . . 

That's a lovely pic and really captures the Lakes at it's best.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/8/2020 at 2:16 AM, boydeste said:

Would have loved to have been there that day. Big fan of JE. What a day of sport that was.

I’m trying to figure out where he gaffed her to get her on board,or did he net her.

Regardless,even it is catch and release....I’d pay the fine to keep it.😁😁

52 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Hawai was on my retirement list...

But too expensive, not even speaking about the visa !

I have a friend who retired there -- big house on the Kohala Coast (Big Island). 
Fruit trees, pakalolo plants, lovely wife (who works as a teacher).
Five minute drive from Hapuna Beach.
Loves it.

(interweb photo of Hapuna...my friend lives on the volcano slope in the background.)

hapuna-beach-aerial.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

I think you're right on that ...

Not any poor, hungry, uneducated gold diggers around to serve the masses.

Tons of beautiful women in Hawaii, though.
With a boatload of money and decent looks an old guy might score.

5 hours ago, lazarus said:

I have a friend who retired there -- big house on the Kohala Coast (Big Island). 
Fruit trees, pakalolo plants, lovely wife (who works as a teacher).
Five minute drive from Hapuna Beach.
Loves it.

(interweb photo of Hapuna...my friend lives on the volcano slope in the background.)

I live on the big Island about 30 miles south of his house.

We are about 1800 feet in elevation which means that we don't need heat or a/c, and we have almost 2 acres that my T/W can grow all kinds of things that she is used to eating in Thailand.

Our house is small - 2 bedrooms with huge lanai's (patios) where we spend most of our time, as the weather is usually perfect. 

• Like 5

"TIGER"

1596534585359.jpg

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 2