Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

This space should have been occupied by a photo of  snake about 6+ feet long that came over the back wall of the house in Mae Sot yesterday into the "Thai" BBQ area if it had not scared the shit out of me! 🤣

Think python about the diameter of my wrist but Sai says not a python but something phonetically in Thai that sounded like "banchan". It looked like a python to me!

Sai went to grab a garden broom which was hanging up behind us and when we both turned round it was gone.

One of the most scary things I have learned about snakes in Thailand is that they can move really fast when spooked.

The fact we did not know where it went was almost as worrying as seeing it in the first place. We can only assume it went back over the wall which has a small steam running behind it and parallel to the rear of the house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Jambo said:

This space should have been occupied by a photo of  snake about 6+ feet long that came over the back wall of the house in Mae Sot yesterday into the "Thai" BBQ area if it had not scared the shit out of me! 🤣

Think python about the diameter of my wrist but Sai says not a python but something phonetically in Thai that sounded like "banchan". It looked like a python to me!

Sai went to grab a garden broom which was hanging up behind us and when we both turned round it was gone.

One of the most scary things I have learned about snakes in Thailand is that they can move really fast when spooked.

The fact we did not know where it went was almost as worrying as seeing it in the first place. We can only assume it went back over the wall which has a small steam running behind it and parallel to the rear of the house.

Made me smile to think a snake of similar name as to where lots of you guys go to be naughty may be haunting you. LOL

• Haha 1

Told wifey about S4L (Ted)  she said we should go to the local Buddhist Temple in Fremont here and say a prayer...OK.

There were maybe 20 people in and around that place right?  Geez....you should have seen this one Thai gal there, this girl was a stunner, just beautiful.

A quick smile from her and I was smitten.....of course, wifey was in the area and I was NOT about to go talk to her or I would have LOL!  

IMG_2306-2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, thumper63 said:

Not a big snake but he sure got our attention.  First one I've seen all summer which is very surprising. The big forest fire we had 2 years ago burned out all the dens we have up behind the house. We always had 3 or 4 that we saw regularly.  With the fruit orchards just below us there is plenty for them to eat. But lately those orchards have been bordered by electrical fencing to keep all 4 and 2 legged creatures from helping themselves to the cherries, apples, pears, apricots, and peaches. Anyway, I had just bbq up some burgers when the GF let out a bit of a Yelp. When I saw what startled her we both skedaddle into the house. Sorry about the quality of the pics as I had to shoot them through the screens on the windows. 

This little fella had a beautiful shiny coat and looks to be very healthy. He was chowing down on our new grass. I guess 250 to 300 pounds. I just love living in the woods......

20200830_162256.jpg

20200830_162300.jpg

20200830_162337.jpg

20200830_162341.jpg

20200830_162345.jpg

20200830_162354.jpg

That's a pretty big boy for sure. it is a black bear or a black grizzly?

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

That's a pretty big boy for sure. it is a black bear or a black grizzly?

He's a black bear... luckily we don't have grizzlies anymore here in Colorado. Because they have no problem in killing and eating people they were hunted to extinction in Colorado a 100 years ago. They can be the meanest Mother Fuckers you'll ever come up against out there in the wild.  Whereas our bears are a lot smaller and are pretty timid towards humans."  Black bear " is more of a species designation than a actual color. There are also red, brown, blond and cinnamon. I do believe i posted photos over on Sssssh of the albino bear that turned up in our back yard a few years back. He was also a pretty big boy.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2

30 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

He's a black bear... luckily we don't have grizzlies anymore here in Colorado. Because they have no problem in killing and eating people they were hunted to extinction in Colorado a 100 years ago. They can be the meanest Mother Fuckers you'll ever come up against out there in the wild.  Whereas our bears are a lot smaller and are pretty timid towards humans."  Black bear " is more of a species designation than a actual color. There are also red, brown, blond and cinnamon. I do believe i posted photos over on Sssssh of the albino bear that turned up in our back yard a few years back. He was also a pretty big boy.

Terry,

He's just an overgrown teddy bear. Next time he turns up go and give him a big hug mate.

But make sure somebody has a camera handy.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, thumper63 said:

Well, we have plenty of grizzlies where I live and generally they stay away from people - the only time they will attack is if they feel threatened or if they are old and starving because they can no longer find their usual food. I would suspect their eradication from Colorado and other areas of the continental US has more to do with people using up their habitat for  cattle and sheep ranches - good food for grizzlies and if they take advantage of it, they end up dead at the hands of the ranchers. 

Black bears, on the other hand, are quite often seen around our town and every year they have to relocate or kill scores of them throughout our territory.  Black bears have been known to stalk and hunt humans for food - extremely uncommon behaviour for a healthy grizzly; but the bottom line with any bear is that the only thing you can really predict about them is their unpredictability...

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

Any luck yet?. 

Arrived last night, nothing as yet. It's my big lake, I haven't been here for a couple of weeks and the lads are saying it's fishing tougher than usual and it's fairly hard at best of times so I am not hopeful of a fish. Got to be in it to win it though! 

• Thumbs Up 1