Post a random pic you took in Thailand

Sangsom

On 12/18/2023 at 12:36 AM, Yessongs said:

Over at The Mall Bangkapi Saturday, got wifey some Jewelry for X-MAS. 

They did a complete 10 month re-novation here, very nicely done. The Skytrain now runs right by here...

Anyone remember turntables??  Had never seen one for sale here.....how about "Marantz" Stereo Equipment? Geez talking about turning back the clock..in 1973 when I got my first stereo, it was between Marantz and Pioneer....Pioneer won out. 

IMG_0471.JPGIMG_0452.JPGIMG_0446.JPGIMG_0437.JPGIMG_0434.JPGIMG_0433.JPGIMG_0432.JPG

A new Linn turntable without the amps etc will cost you £50,000+ here in the UK @Yessongs 

Merry Christmas 🤗

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I'm on another bike trip, now in Kanchanaburi, i was last here about 4 years ago.

It's changed alot in that time, few bars i remember from before, likely the effects from covid i suppose ??

What is noticable, same as in Pattaya, are all the bloody 'weed' shops everywhere, and also like in Pattaya, barely a customer to be seen in any of them.

20231220_192239.jpg

Edited by SteveBC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

18 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

I'm on another bike trip, now in Kanchanaburi, i was last here about 4 years ago.

It's changed alot in that time, few bars i remember from before, likely the effects from covid i suppose ??

What is noticable, same as in Pattaya, are all the bloody 'weed' shops everywhere, and also like in Pattaya, barely a customer to be seen in any of them.

20231220_192239.jpg

Is this place still going ..?

IMG_7388.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

So, unless they are laundering ops, they will soon close. 👏

• Like 2

On 12/18/2023 at 8:03 AM, Phantom51red said:

Hopefully go back again soon now its a bit cooler.

Located somewhere between petchaburi and samut sakhon the mountain with no name.

1000002082.jpg1000004349.jpg1000004276.jpg

FIL took us there along with some other family members in 2002, as he was going to look at some land to purchase.

The jungle drums must have been working overtime because when we arrived at the place down a really well paved track, there must have been 20 people on motorcycles and in cars waiting, all who had land to sell. 🤣

We went to several sites but in the end nobody bought land there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KhunDon said:

FIL took us there along with some other family members in 2002, as he was going to look at some land to purchase.

The jungle drums must have been working overtime because when we arrived at the place down a really well paved track, there must have been 20 people on motorcycles and in cars waiting, all who had land to sell. 🤣

We went to several sites but in the end nobody bought land there. 

Ah ye recognise that mountain...I always see it while travelling on the bus to bkk had me querious for a long time,ye its mostly farms around this area.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Ah ye recognise that mountain...I always see it while travelling on the bus to bkk had me querious for a long time,ye its mostly farms around this area.

Yes I did. 
In the end FIL bought us a very large farm in Nakhon Sawon and built a large 2 story house there which the family used for R&R. 
He employed people to farm it, mainly fruit and some tobacco etc. He didn’t make any money off it but liked employing people in the area. 
There was a temple about 1klick away who had a teak sawmill and he got the teak for the second floor FOC and electric company ran overhead cables to the house and later, mysteriously, the local council put in over a kilometre of asphalt road to the farm. 
I don’t think any money changed hands, as he was a BIB with a lot of gold braid on his uniform. 😉

• Thumbs Up 2

Let me make it absolutely clear that I don’t like or support in anyway these magnificent creatures being paraded around etc etc. But this wonderful old boy has been visiting our village for a lot longer than the 15 years I have known him. Indeed he used to work on the land up to 10 years ago.

Good to meet him again this morning 👍

3B1C4284-8B0F-4572-86B7-D3C11A020563.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3