Post a random pic you took in Thailand

Sangsom

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Great to get back to things you enjoy🙂 TG in the second photo out running in what I'd only put on in winter!!!

She's the daughter of the guy on the left that's trying to keep up with her. She's 10 now and has been running with the hash since age 5. She's also fast and light on her feet, picture a gazelle running, and is able to outrun 90% of the hashers on trail. Her dad tells me she's also very good at Taekwondo so I make sure to keep a respectful voice when I talk to her. :default_biggrin:

Like most of the older Thai women, she keeps her skin pretty well covered to avoid the affects of the sun. The leggings also protect the legs when running through shiggy. Myself I wear gaiters to protect my lower legs. Without the protection the legs get pretty cut up when shortcutting between rows of pineapple. 🏃‍♂️ 👣

protective-gaiters-for-orienteering.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

She's the daughter of the guy on the left that's trying to keep up with her. She's 10 now and has been running with the hash since age 5. She's also fast and light on her feet, picture a gazelle running, and is able to outrun 90% of the hashers on trail. Her dad tells me she's also very good at Taekwondo so I make sure to keep a respectful voice when I talk to her. :default_biggrin:

Like most of the older Thai women, she keeps her skin pretty well covered to avoid the affects of the sun. The leggings also protect the legs when running through shiggy. Myself I wear gaiters to protect my lower legs. Without the protection the legs get pretty cut up when shortcutting between rows of pineapple. 🏃‍♂️ 👣

protective-gaiters-for-orienteering.jpg

Guessing they give ya some protection against snake bite too?

34 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Guessing they give ya some protection against snake bite too?

When I first started thrashing about in the jungle for fun I worried about snakes. The reality though is we rarely see one on a run as they can sense us coming and slithered off to safety long before we see them.

It's more common to see one we're out alone or with a co-hare recceing a trail. But even then when spotted they're heading away into the grass to get away from us. So I've stopped worrying about them. It's the red ants and wasps I fear more.

• Like 2